Mon, Sep 23, 2013 | 11:06 BST
UK charts: GTA 5 enters at one, PES 2014 in at two
Grand Theft Auto 5 has steam-rolled its way to the top of the UK charts in its first week, and has pulled in staggering sales. Get the full run-down here.
It’s little wonder that Rockstar North’s sprawling experience has bested the competition, seeing as it has already generated over $1 billion in worldwide sales since it launched September 17.
In it’s first day on sale in the UK, GTA 5 sold 1.57 million units, netting £65 million. It now holds the UK record for fastest selling game ever released, beating Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to the punch. By comparison, Treyarch’s shooter shifted 1.41 million units and generated £58 million in its first day on sale November 9, 2012.
Here is this week’s UK top ten:
1. Grand Theft Auto V – Rockstar
2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 – Konami
3. The Last of Us – Sony
4. Saints Row IV – Deep Silver
5. Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Ubisoft
6. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition – Microsoft
7. Diablo III – Blizzard
8. Disney Infinity – Disney
9. Aliens: Colonial Marines – Sega
10. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix – Square Enix