GTA Online player count bumped to 32, old game modes returning, report suggests

Monday, 23rd September 2013 09:33 GMT By Dave Cook

Grand Theft Auto Online’s player count has reportedly been bumped up from 16 to 32 players. Reports also suggest hat a slew of returning game modes a will also feature alongside some 500 missions.

Reporting on data leaks, Cinemablend suggests that the game’s files point to a 32-player online cap, as opposed to the initial announcement of 16 players. It is the same data leak that supposedly outed PC and PS4 editions of GTA 5.

Elsewhere, the report suggests that 32 players can engage in free roam mode, and take in free-for-all deathmatch, team-based deathmatch, races and Cops n Crooks mode.

There are other features mentioned int he report, but I’m wary of stepping on Rockstar’s toes with this one. If you want to read on, hit the link above but do be aware of spoilers and rumours.

GTA Online activates October 1.

Via MP1st.

1. Diingo

I sure hope so, 16 players is quite small for such a HUGE map.

#1 10 months ago
  2. AngryConsumer

yah, 32 players would be perfect for this.

#2 10 months ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

Anyone know if GTA Online is all on the GTA V disc, or if this’ll be a completely separate download? I’m hoping it’s the former…not much room left on the hard drive after the 8GB install.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Gekidami

MP1st makes a very good point by saying that this may actually be only for the PC & PS4 versions seeing as data for those are also on the disc, meaning that the current versions of the game that are already out will stay at 16 players as announced. Seems pretty likely to me.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Xbone

@4 This. the current-gen version is alredy dumbed down so I dont think the same number of ppl will be avaliable on current AND next gen consoles.

#5 10 months ago
  6. tezzer1985

I personally think that, it’s for the next gen versions

#6 10 months ago
  7. Fin

Yeah that was my guess.

#7 10 months ago
  8. RocknRolla

It says on the box that the game supports 16 online players, why would they write that if they wanted to change that to 32, don´t want to sound negative but I don´t think those reports are accurate, but sure do hope for 32 instead of 16 on the big map :D

#8 10 months ago