GTA 5 vanishing car glitch fix incoming, Rockstar advises against garage use

Monday, 23rd September 2013 13:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Grand Theft Auto 5 has encountered a strange glitch that has seen cars stowed in garages disappear for some players. Rockstar has advised that a fix is on the way.

Rockstar discussed the issue over on its forum, and stated, “We have received some reports about problems with cars and garages, particularly after upgrading and then completing a mission, and are looking into this now.

“Unfortunately, we do not currently have a workaround to recover a car if it is missing. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. Also please note that vehicles saved in the garage of one safehouse may not show up in the garage of a different safehouse.”

The post added, “This issue may occur if you drive another character’s personal vehicle. We are looking into a fix to prevent this from occurring in the future.”

Have you encountered this issue so far? We’ll update you once a fix is made available.

Via Polygon.

1. DSB

Aaaah, it makes sense now. I’ve stolen a bunch of police cars and tried to save them but they’ve been gone every time. I just assumed you couldn’t save police vehicles.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Zackslacky

Yup every car I put in disappears. Stopped storing cars got so annoyed. Just rob cars instead? Or do up the characters cars. Upgrades seem to save on em? And they always respawn.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Dave Cook

@2 That must be a real pain :(

#3 10 months ago
  4. Hcw87

Modded a really nice car and it’t not to be found anywhere. Glad to see they’re acknowledging it.

#4 10 months ago
  5. slayer

same thing here,it was always available when parked outside though

#5 10 months ago
  6. Doomsayer

Also happens when you buy new clothes…

#6 10 months ago
  7. BrahManDude

yep full modded my car and lost it

#7 10 months ago
  8. Talkar

It isn’t just cars, motorcycles and planes disappear too!

#8 10 months ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

This hasn’t happened to me :D

#9 10 months ago
  10. viralshag

I don’t think this has happened to me, I still have access to all the cars I’ve modded (thank the GTA gods as I have spent a lot on cars) but then I keep the best ones in the big garages and not the safe house garage.

#10 10 months ago
  11. Cobra951

This is the up side of waiting a bit to buy new games. That first patch usually takes care of the worst bugs–you know, the ones that never should have made it through beta testing in the first place.

#11 10 months ago
  12. edragon

GLITCH??? THis is not glitch guys! You ARE PLAYING GRAND THEFT AUTO!!!! You steal some cars and now there is just someone who stole your cars! Grand Theft Auto! KARMA! Karma is B****! :)

#12 10 months ago
  13. xFidelCashflow

I’ve spent $2,000,000 on cars easily & they all disappeared. I just figured my cars didn’t love me enough. Glad to see its a game glitch & not a personal problem.

#13 10 months ago
  14. xxJPRACERxx

Happened to me too with a nice upgraded Pagani Zonda or whatever it’s called in the game.

#14 10 months ago
  15. gameoholic007

I have 7 fully modded cars for each character so far, and I’ve had 3 disappear on me, but I found out a way to get them to come back. I saved my game, then shut it down, then rebooted the game back up again, then everything was back where it was suppose to be. I don’t know if it will work every time, but so far, so good. I’m glad their getting it fixed though.

#15 10 months ago
  16. OmegaSlayer

Lost 3 fully modded rare cars (stolen at the golf club lol) + other stuff.

#16 10 months ago
  17. Steve6996

If your car disappears go to the car impound it will be there

#17 10 months ago
  18. Steve6996

If it gets stolen it will be in the car impound also

#18 10 months ago
  19. Exzeerex

When I’ve customized Franklins or Michaels several cars which always spawn the upgrades have also always been there. But with Trevors red truck it turned stock when it spawned in LS.. I upgraded it in Blaine County but I expected it was attached the character from anywhere..

#19 10 months ago
  20. bachireddy27

I lost my full loaded Ferrari Italia… It will take atleast 2 days to forget this tragedy :(

#20 10 months ago
  21. Ireland Michael

For me, I can only seem to save one car per garage. If I save a new one, the previous one disappeared. Considering how big the graves are on the inside, I figured this had to be a glitch.

#21 10 months ago
  22. bachireddy27

Steve where is car impound?

#22 10 months ago
  23. Crypticnox

All i know is when i bought my Tank, and Cargobob as Trevor if any of them got Destroyed Drowned or otherwise lost if i switched charecters or died and respawned my Tank and Cargobob would be back in their Original Locations. Now i Own the Pillbox Hill garage as Trevor i have a Brevado Gauntlet supped up an El Camino Supped up and a Really nice Sexy Bike Supped up but now my issue is When i Take them OUT from the garage if lets say i hit something head on Fence, wall, or a car and died i go back to my Garage and find that what ever vehicle i was using at that time has gone buh bye but otherwise the Vehicle stays there till i come for it.

So basicly what i am trying to say and ask are your cars you buy on the ingame internet through your cell phone supposed to ALWAYS be Available even if you were out riding it and got killed or something while using the Vehicle isnt it suppsoed to respawn back at your garage or is that a way of making it so that if you aint careful your screwed nonetheless or are your Vehicles you bought and stored suppsoed to always respawn, because otherwise all i do to fix it for myself is suppe my stuff up run to my safe house or steal something to get there or taxi it save my game go back to garage make sure auto save is off and go joy riding then if i end up losing anything i just dont save my game keep screwing around then reload the file another time when i had all my stuff.

#23 10 months ago
  24. the_palgue0130

The Impound is not always, where the cars appear. If you get killed or lose the car you will be lucky if 2 if the infinite amount of cars make it there and if you don’t spend the $250 to get the cars out, the two you originally lost are the only two you can select, so the rest are totally gone. The others in your personal garage always disappear on me. Especially after customizing them. I keep wasting money re-customizing them. But, you spend the 30,000 to buy the garage that allows up to 4 cars stored, they stay there just don’t lose them when driving.

#24 10 months ago
  25. beccaandersonn07

I bought a car and customised it then used it to go on a mission. Then once I had inished the mission and popped up somewhere else I can’t find the car anywhere, not in my safe house garage, not in ny bought garage, not at the start or end of the mission I had done, not even at the impound. No idea where I could be :( spent so much on it and can’t understand why it isn’t respawning since I actually bought it…..

#25 9 months ago
  26. HoneyBunnyy

I just bought 8 really nice cars and when I went to my garage 2 of them were there even the one I sold!!! I would like my cars back please!!

#26 8 months ago