The James Pond Kickstarter is live with £100,000 needed for development

Friday, 20th September 2013 14:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The James Pond Kickstarter has gone live and the developers is asking for £100,000 for development of the game.

Gameware announced last week it would be bringing its project to the crowdfunding site, and the original creator Chris Sorrell said he’ll help out by creating a concept document for the game once the £30,000 stretch goal is met.

At present the game is for PC only but additional stretch goals include other formats: Ouya and Linux £15k; iOS & Android – £25k; PS3 (PSN) and Xbox 360 (XBLA)- £30k; Wii U, PS4 (PSN), Vita – £40k.

The team is also researching the possibility of a 3DS release.

The pitch video is below and you can contribute to the fund through the link. As of press time, 61 backers have pledged £1,025.

1. TheWulf

Wat?

…okay. Fine. I’m going to have to back this one, aren’t I?

I did like Robocod back in the day.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

Surprised no-ones done this but
    The names Pond… James Pond

#2 7 months ago
  3. SplatteredHouse

That’s new! They have a non-physical swag tier, where you can opt to directly pledge all of your contribution to their game development – with the opportunity later, as a backer, to buy whichever physical items you would like at discounted rate from a store! 0.0

#3 7 months ago
  4. FrayJoker

No way! James Pond 3 was my favourite platformer back in the day, I’m surprised anyone even remembers the game anymore.

Hope this one’s a success, it’d be such a nostalgic kick.

#4 7 months ago
  5. AngryConsumer

im gonna back this… james pond is awesome :D

#5 7 months ago
  6. Gheritt White

Just chipped in £20. Easiest decision ever. Go team Pond!

#6 7 months ago
  7. GrimRita

@6 Totally agree. It simply put a smile on my face when I saw this!

#7 7 months ago
  8. AngryConsumer

@7 i chipped in a 100 dollars!… totally worth it :)

#8 7 months ago
  9. The_Red

@1Glad to see another fan of Robocod. I thought it was amazing. Of course back then I hadn’t played Super Metroid or Super Mario World but that game was still pretty fun.

#9 7 months ago