Uplay 4.0 to release for PC in October, Uplay on next-gen systems detailed

Thursday, 19th September 2013 15:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has announced that Uplay 4.0 will be available for all PC members in October. The update integrates Twitch, an improved download manager with auto-patching, and a new social wall to help keep members up-to-date on their friends’ activities.

Uplay will also be available when PlayStation 4 and Xbox One arrive in stores later this year, allowing payers to use one unique profile “to seamlessly access the full scope of Uplay services and features on next-generation consoles.”

The Uplay Win program, which rewards players both in-game and in real life with additional in-game content, will also be available through the service on the new consoles.

To date, over 40 million rewards have been redeemed.

All of Ubisoft’s next-generation games, including Assassin’s Creed4: Black Flag Just Dance 2014, The Crew and Watch Dogs will integrate Uplay, including Uplay Win.

1. fearmonkey

u-play is my least favorite of all the gaming services. The rewards are nice but I don’t care much for the interface. Origin gets alot of flack but I think it’s better than U-play.

#1 1 year ago
  2. DSB

Go home Ubisoft, you’re drunk.

It’s a client that has absolutely no reason to exist. Nooooooone.

#2 1 year ago
  3. pcbros

Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC (Steam) all have gaming services that provide achievements, chatting and game invites.

What’s the point of Uplay or Origin? Aren’t these services locked to only a certain publisher’s games?

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

@3 Origin has grown into a passable service, and they’re selling other publishers games as well.

Uplay is bundled with Ubisofts games, no matter what service they’re on, so it’s really just another useless login between you and your games.

Zero value to anyone, it’s Yves Guillemot rubbing his dick in your face because he apparently thinks that’s worth doing.

#4 1 year ago
  5. AngryConsumer

thank god i just got my uplay account delete by my own request last month. im free of ubistinksoft.

#5 1 year ago
  6. pcbros

@4 – I’ll look into Origin. I thought they only sold and delt with EA games.

Either way, I agree, Uplay is a useless step between you and their games.

#6 1 year ago
  7. nollie4545

Origin and Uplay suck, its official.

Wish EA and Ubisoft would throw their lot in with steam, I can’t be assed to have to sign into 3 different online providers to play a game each time.

#7 1 year ago
  8. MFBB

I hope those logins are not required on consoles.

PSN/Xbox Live login should be enough to play a online game.

Just like steam on PS3, its there if you want but you dont have to.

#8 1 year ago
  9. AngryConsumer

@8 the uplay web account is forced on you if you want to play online with ubisoft games for your ps3/x360. so your hope is already shattered there buddy.

#9 1 year ago
  10. KTF26

uplay also sells games from other publishers
    but, who wants to buy from uplay or origins while steam is exist with huge sale each few months?

#10 1 year ago
  11. noamlol2

OH THE HORROR!

#11 1 year ago
  12. Section8

You’re all fuckin retards. If you don’t want your free stuff from Uplay then give them to me. Upgrades, multiplayer maps, themes, challenges. Fuck you, give em up.

#12 1 year ago
  13. pcbros

@12 – I don’t care about the service. I just don’t like having to login to Steam, to then have to login to Uplay to play a game. I have yet to get any free stuff after logging in to uplay.

#13 1 year ago
  14. sebastien rivas

I have nothing against Uplay, nothing at all.
    Though what I dislike is its redundant login.
    If you buy something from Steam then you have to login Uplay which calls onto Steam which then calls onto the game you have selected.

I wish best to Uplay but first of all think of service mechanics and beware of those redundant mechanics that NO ONE wants to go through.
    Also I cannot swear to it but it seems like Uplay is heavier as a process than Steam by visual margin.

My word of advice to Uplay to be more effective. Redesign mechanics, Simplicity in Design is key so adjust this too. And then keep all extra little goodies you guys offer. Perhaps then Uplay will be taken more… seriously.

#14 1 year ago
  15. pcbros

Why compete with Steam? Has anyone really ever gotten a game through Uplay?

If anything, do something like the Nintendo Club. You login, register your games and receive bonus stuff.

#15 1 year ago
  16. DSB

@12 Hah, so a few fucking trinkets that cost absolutely nothing to produce, and a few ingame items that probably cost more to actually take out of the game than it would to just leave them in there, is enough to make you accept another useless login?

What an idiot.

#16 1 year ago
  17. holdemnutz

They wonder why Splinter Cell and Rayman didn’t meat sales target? It’s because of Uplay!

#17 10 months ago
  18. Panthro

At least they have the common decency to allow fans to buy there games through Steam though so I give them props for that.

They should drop Uplay though and just put there games on Steam.

#18 10 months ago