GTA 5 midnight launch video: see the big event here

Tuesday, 17th September 2013 11:50 GMT By Dave Cook

Grand Theft Auto 5 had a midnight launch at many retail outlets across the world last night. VG247′s Sam Clay has put together a video of the event at GAME’s Stratford outlet last night.

I bet those people are bloody tired right now.

Did you get the game at midnight? Let us know below.

Also why not check out Sam’s GTA 5 collector’s edition unboxing video, Brenna’s blog on the whole ‘GTA hype’ thing, my impressions of the first nine hours of GTA 5, these GTA 5 cheats and our mega review round-up.

1. CyberMarco

Am I the only one “disgusted” by this scene? Not about the game but the whole situation, this “celebration” of mass consumerism and capitalism.

Like that guy in the line waiting for the countdown to finish so he can be declared the first-sale costumer of the game. Queuing for the “privilege” of having a piece of entertainment in your possession.

*don’t want to live in this world anymore.jpg

/rants!

P.S. The logo in the intro is really nice btw.

#1 1 year ago
  2. JimFear-666

I lold at the failed high five

#2 1 year ago
  3. AngryConsumer

look at that gta gangsta after the crowd counting, LOL!!

#3 1 year ago
  4. VibraniumSpork

@1 Meh, there’s worse things to worship.At least the Church of Consumerism welcomes all-comers; gay or straight, man or woman, black or white…all are welcome to come buy a copy of GTA V!!!

#4 1 year ago
  5. tenthousandgothsonacid

@1 Great misanthropy ! I recommend buying the game so you can repeatedly shoot the people you so hate in the face without annoying anyone in the real world.

It’s what I do :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. Ireland Michael

@1 Yes, you are.

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying something you bought and being excited for the release of something. Don’t take shit so seriously mate.

@6 What the hell?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dave Cook

@6 Wow, what a lovely chap you are.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Professor Zoom

It’s overhyped…

#8 1 year ago
  9. CyberMarco

@7 I do enjoy my pass time hobbies and activities. I’m not criticizing those people for the fact that they like video games but I found it ludicrous to celebrate such things instead of other more important things in life.

Sure, they are just a minority of consumers that act like that, but if you gather every bunch of them from every major consumerism activity you’ll see that it’s nothing to take lightly.

Maybe I’m being too serious, oh well…

#9 1 year ago
  10. xxJPRACERxx

I think all launch events are kind of awkward and all people look like losers.

@6 HAHA. I don’t know why but I had the same feeling about him though I wouldn’t really do it.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Ireland Michael

@10 How do you know they don’t celebrate “other more important things in life” besides this? Do you have a telescope into their daily lives? Do you know these people personally?

They’re excited for a game. Don’t read into stuff so much.

#11 1 year ago
  12. DuckOfDestiny

Wish the midnight launch I went to had that kind of energy. For me, I was just stood outside in the cold and rain for two hours surrounded by dole warriors.

#12 1 year ago
  13. schnide

@6 & @11

That guy is actually pretty famous for being at the front of queues for game launches, and if I remember rightly has learning difficulties.

So well done you – everything you do or say is an opportunity to make the world a better place, and instead this is how you contributed. Feel like the big man, do you?

#13 1 year ago
  14. CyberMarco

@12 I’m not denying that people have other things to do in life, but maybe this kind of situations get more and more attention lately.

#14 1 year ago
  15. noamlol2

so many stacks…

most over hyped game of the year maybe

#15 1 year ago
  16. Cobra951

@14: Good for him, then. He gets to be first at *something*. I imagine much of his life is spent dealing with losing situations, and people like #6.

I never wait in line for hours/days. But I would not have minded being part of that scene. Everyone looks so happy.

#16 1 year ago
  17. AngryConsumer

@16 your aunt can that take old mercedes and stuff it where the sun dont shine!!

#17 1 year ago
  18. pukem0n

this is almost as bad as iSheep queing in line for a new piece of plastic that is a bit better than last years piece of plastic ^^

#18 1 year ago
  19. gswat85

This game is going to make some serious money…I was at a smaller gamestop last night and there were a good 100-125 people picking up

#19 1 year ago