Battlefield 4 multiplayer gets explosive new trailer

Tuesday, 17th September 2013 08:33 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 developer DICE has published a new trailer called “This is Multiplayer.” I’ll give you two guesses as to what it’s about.

Pretty boom-tacular no? The game’s out October 29 on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 across North America, and November 1 across Europe. It also hits PS4 US on November 12, and across Europe November 29. On Xbox One, it hits America November 19 and Europe November 21. We’ve got details of the open beta here.

Via MP1st.

1. redwood

i would be the troll here.. and say that, this game is perhaps the most pimped game ever, in terms of advertising.. I wonder what’s the dev to marketing ratio is ?

#1 1 year ago
  2. schnide

I loved BF3 although that was my first entrance into the series.. strangely, I’m not so excited for BF4 after watching this. It just looks like it tries to shoehorn in a ton of gimmicks – Levolution? Commander Mode? Throwing ships onto the coast?

I always loved the sense of being something smaller in a larger battle – not bringing in the bombast of COD. I hope I’m proved wrong and this is all just for the sake of marketing and making a good trailer.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Maguire82

@2 They had commander mode in battlefield 2 on the PC and its a great help you can call in for air strikes, ask for ammo drops plus transport. I don’t think these guys will add anything just for the sake of it. Cant wait personally

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gekidami

The guy says unscripted at the start there, but to my understand the “Levolution” stuff is pretty much scripted destruction events, right? I mean players might get to trigger them, but thats about as unscripted as the next set piece in CoD only starting once you shoot the hinges off of a door.

#4 1 year ago
  5. sebastien rivas

+1 I am excited.
    Sounds like they took best of BF3, listened to BF2 users and then added more mechanics and hopefully generally listened to players for map design.

Without a script of some kind you can not order the game engine to do this or that upon that or this happened.
    BF3 were buildings walls that could be blasted off or also leveled down to the ground. Yet a tank could not go through it as it is supposed to IRL.
    Here they demonstrated that it is possible; therefore rendering tanks a bit less predictable our engineer rocket launchers.

Question for PS4 and Xbox1
    Will wee see Guns that work natively with each console?
    I want BF4 but without a gun and being forced to play on a pad makes me utterly sad if not repulsed because I know the gamepad learning curve will be just too great to even be in the midst of a BF4 end game chart/rank.

Thanks if anyone have news on that…

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gekidami

…That isnt what i nor the narrator in the video means when he says “unscripted”.

#6 1 year ago