Warframe developer Digital Extremes has published a trailer for the free-to-play shooter’s tenth update “Shadows of the Dead”, along with a slew of details about what’s involved.
The details were sent across by Digital Extremes today, and the first key update is the inclusion of two new Warframes – Nekros and Mag Prime. As a necromancer, Nekros can manipulate living and dead enemies with his dark arts, while Mag Prime is the latest elite Tenno, joining comrades Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime.
New mode Survival has been added as a permanent feature following many successful Survival Weekend events, while new Conclave areas on the Solar Map let players engage in 1v1 or 2v2 duels away from their dojo.
The update will start rolling out later today in Canada and North America, then tomorrow across Europe. Keep your eyes peeled.
Further update notes go as follows:
- New sentinel : The “carrier” has the ability to detect and collect items -including mods – throughout the room for its master.
- New tileset: Orokin derelict spacecraft – ancient vessels dead and drifting through space. relics of the orokin age.
- New boss: Located in the orokin derelict, infested golem awaits!
- expanded level – the grineer settlement has been expanded with even more exciting gameplay.
- New clan research: Three new infested weapons – including a primary, secondary and melee – to be crafted using a new component!
- New weapons: Ether scythe, tenno assualt rifle, plus new prime weapons — boar prime and dakka prime.
- 18 new mod cards: New glaive mods add puncture, flight speed and rebound + and -, the energy life mod drains any remaining energy on death and converts, finishing touch mod increases damage to knocked down enemies and the spare parts mod offers the chance to spawn a rare resource when a sentinel dies, to name just a few!
- Updates and new accessories for the clan dojo – including a zen garden vanity room as well as new zen garden, statue and drum decorations.