PS Vita TV is for Japan just now: “stay tuned” says Yoshida

Friday, 13th September 2013 11:47 GMT By Dave Cook

PS Vita TV is geared towards the Japanese market for the time being, but Sony’s President of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida has asked gamers to “stay tuned” on the matter.

Yoshida tweeted out his message today:

It follows yesterday’s comments from Sony’s Andrew House, in which he said the device is pegged for a wider Asian launch, but that there are no Western plans at this time.

You can watch the official PS Vita TV announcement trailer here, along with a slew of details.

It’s essentially a device that allows gamers to play their PS Vita cartridges on their television, as well as streaming TV services and PS4 play.

What do you think of the device so far?

1. psxman

Tuned? Tv? The guy’s a wordsmith!

#1 1 year ago
  2. jeffb01

I can wait… what I can’t wait for is the 64 GB memory card – ask them when we’ll get that here or will have to import it…

#2 1 year ago
  3. AngryConsumer

since we here in the west get the ps4 first, i dont mind a first release of the psvitatv in japan. we all know it will come to us later on, and maybe even improved on a bit. its gonna be awesome that is for sure :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. OmegaSlayer

Dave, can you ask if regular PSVita games can be viewed on TV with VitaTV?
    I mean if you want to play a game with touch controls and display it on TV.
    I’m not into portable devices and small screens, but I’d love me some Gravity Rush on TV.

#4 1 year ago
  5. fengato

Ha! He’s using Kyle Bosman’s parody as his pic. :D

#5 1 year ago
  6. AngryConsumer

@5 the psvitatv have no touch screen… so that should answer your question.

#6 1 year ago
  7. wildBoar

@7 hopefully they’ll patch in support for the PS4 controller somewhere down the line though.. It’d be very cruel of them not to.

#7 1 year ago
  8. OmegaSlayer

NO LOL
    If I play with a true Vita, not the Dual Dhock, can I stream the game through VitaTV?

#8 1 year ago
  9. pcbros

Why didn’t Sony just create a controller that would support ALL Vita games? Using an old controller design that doesn’t support 100% of the Vita library just seems a little lazy.

You can’t sell a Vita TV and tell people it won’t play all Vita games. That’s going to cause big confusion and frustration with people.

It’s like Nintendo releasing the 2DS and in small print say it doesn’t support all 3DS games.

#9 1 year ago