Fable Anniversary delayed to 2014

Friday, 13th September 2013 10:38 GMT By Dave Cook

Fable Anniversary developer Lionhead Studios has announced that the game has slipped to 2014.

The delay was announced over on the Lionhead blog, in a post penned by lead designer Ted Timmins.

He wrote, “We’ve been working hard for the past year to bring you the very best Fable Anniversary experience on Xbox 360. We feel though, that we need a little more time in order to meet our ambitions and give you, the fans, the best game possible.

“I know I speak for everyone at Lionhead when I say that we can’t wait for you to see what we’ve been up to, and it gives us great pleasure to let you know that you can expect Fable Anniversary to be both on-shelves and online via the Xbox Games Store in February 2014.”

He added, “It’s not easy making these decisions.”

Lionhad will be accepting and answering questions regarding the project on Twitter between 5pm and 6pm tonight UK time.

Via Eurogamer.

1. SplatteredHouse

If I made a list of games that would benefit from Anniversary revamps, and I listed those against a selection of criteria, I guarantee the plain-jane monument to Molyneux’s over-reach would be amongst the least of that list. Just play the original.
    Lionhead stuck in reverse, and searching for traction amid veneration of the past. That’s no good thing. :(

#1 10 months ago
  2. viralshag

I’d rather they remake the game for the XB1.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Fin

Hm. No first party 360 games rest of this year.

#3 10 months ago
  4. TrickyAudio

This should have been out years ago, IMO. Instead of dicking around with Kinect they should of done this.

#4 10 months ago
  5. traumadisaster

Coincedently, just started playing original fable on pc, in 4k no less. Looks unreal!

#5 10 months ago
  6. Keivz

There are so many games coming out this fall that, at this point, look half done. I fear a bombardment of rushed/underdeveloped titles coming on if we don’t get more game delays.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Panthro

I guess they need to win back fans somehow, fable 3 was sooooo bad….

and the performance… jesus! the framerate was unbearable when i played it on 360.

#7 10 months ago
  8. bradk825

I really like Fable, and yeah, Fable 3 was bad. Can’t really get around that. I actually didn’t finish it.

#8 10 months ago
  9. AngryConsumer

the first fable was awesome i was lucky to play that on my friends pc at the time of release. but over time all other fable games have been crap, and my friend have given up on the fable game franchises. instead he is now looking forward to the ps4 and the fantastic new killzone game.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

Is that friend PS3fanboy :)

#10 10 months ago
  11. fearmonkey

I am bummed about this, was looking forward to playing it this year.
    I would love a PC version of this as well, hopefully that comes out one day.

#11 10 months ago
  12. Gheritt White

Well, I guess that’s I’m buying myself for my birthday next year. Still, kinda disappointed I won’t get to play it over Xmas :(

#12 10 months ago