Deep Down gets new screens via Sony Japan’s website

Thursday, 12th September 2013 23:13 GMT By Ewan Miller

There’re some new shots of Capcom’s Deep Down below the break, which show a knight fighting some kind of pig-orc that I’m absolutely terrified of after playing a bunch of Amnesia last night. To make myself feel better I’m going to post some silly autotranslates from the site below the break, alongside the new screenshots. Enjoy.

Is anyone else most excited for this game following Watch Dogs? They seem like the two new IPs targeting the new consoles that were made to be traditional enough you can look forward to them easily while being just different enough to capture our interest. Hope Deep Down turns out well.

I also hope the framing device of being a future mind-archeologist is worthwhile and not just a gimmick for Capcom to get pretty science fiction designs into trailers.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. DuckOfDestiny

Makes me think what the guys behind Dark Souls could do with next gen.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Erthazus

Screns look like a Next gen visuals mixed with current gen.

some parts of it looks good and some of them not really.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Sini

Hideous spiders capcom or go home.

#3 1 year ago
  4. RageOfThorn

This game looks nowhere as good as the E3 reveal, which is disheartening to say the least. I hope this isnt the trend to follow in the next gen like it was the current. Its so misleading, and I believe a certain game developer got in trouble for a representation of suposed in game graphics misleading the public all the way to the final product. That specific game really sucked bad in the end too.

Well at least they are showing us the true look of this game early, but sadly its very melancholy and blah.

#4 1 year ago
  5. RageOfThorn

The feeling I have right now is alot like the first time I saw the trailer for Killzone 2, and the final product looked very little like that shown. It was a suposed demo of what the gameplay would look like, but ended up to be a CG concocted white lie.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Unknown_Gamer

It might be Demon’s / Dark Souls killer who knows ?

#6 1 year ago
  7. DrDamn

Looks fantastic to me. Y’all be wanting a moon on a stick ;).

What was shown before was clearly at best cut scenes, which stripped of the petty annoyances of having to actually run an actual game can look a lot nicer. This looks great for a title playable before the console is even released.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Khan979

Looks good to me, actually pretty pumped to see how this game turns out.

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkeygourmet

The enemy in the first shot looks very ‘low poly’

#9 1 year ago