PS Vita 2000 is currently for Japan only says Sony, no word on Western release yet

Wednesday, 11th September 2013 10:09 GMT By Dave Cook

Sony has confirmed that for the time being, the newly-announced PS Vita 2000 model will be a Japan-only release.

The lighter model comes with an LCD screen, rather than an OLED display. We reported on the console’s reveal and details here.

Now, a Sony spokesperson has told IGN that while the company is, “considering every opportunity”, for the PS Vita 2000, it, has “nothing to announce for the [Sony Computer Entertainment America] territory.”

It seems a Western release is unlikely for the time being, but would you like to see it happen? Let us know below.

1. torjs99

yeah

#1 1 year ago
  2. VibraniumSpork

Well, I guess this mitigates the Japanese PS4 delay a teeny-weeny l’il bit?

#2 1 year ago
  3. fengato

Still too much old stock to shift in western territories.

#3 1 year ago
  4. AngryConsumer

but you get a price cut and the 64gb card…. so who really care if its more stock in western territories. the phat psvita is still awesome with its oled screen.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Francis O

@3 Bingo

#5 1 year ago
  6. mistermogul

@5 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRo5XCKddQ

#6 1 year ago
  7. Lengendaryboss

It will happen usually before it happens.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

Any word on Europe? Seeing as they care more?

#8 1 year ago
  9. fengato

^ If Europe is anything like Oz, they’re still trying to get rid of piles of 3G models here (for the same price as Wifi). Seems like a lot of old stock sitting around. Sad to see such well realised hardware fail so hard, when the gimmicky 3DS (with it’s shite screen) prospers.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

Teh power of Nintendo franchises.

#10 1 year ago
  11. fengato

^ Yep – imagine a world where Ninty franchises were on Vita. What a wonderful device that would be.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

Careful! don’t you know an opinion about something Nintendo you haven’t experienced is irrelevant, more so if its negative. When you criticise Nintendo in any way your a hater who doesn’t own any of their gamers?

Or so i’m told :D

#12 1 year ago
  13. Goffee

Nothing to announce = coming soon. Probably Feb 2014, to let the PS4 bedlam calm down.

#13 1 year ago
  14. absolutezero

The screen thing is not the issue, the increased battery life is really what has me looking at getting the new model.

In what World did it make sense to not let you use mains power when playing? Why can I not charge and play at the sametime, was that too hard to create or something?

Could possibly be an answer to the pandora battery hack on the PSP I guess. Fucking Vita I just want to play Persona without having to turn you off and attach you to the wall for 2 hours before I can play again.

#14 1 year ago
  15. CyberMarco

Seriously? You can’t play your PS Vita while connected to the charger? I didn’t know that.

Well the Vita 2000 model seems much better now then.

#15 1 year ago
  16. nikk900

@14 What do you mean exactly? I play with my vita plugged in all the time when I’m at work. Unless you mean when it’s completely dead, which like most smart phones, it just needs to charge for a bit before you can use it.

#16 1 year ago
  17. absolutezero

You can play with it plugged in but it just runs using the battery. As soon as you turn it off it just starts re-charging again. So its fully possible to run out of battery power even when you have it plugged in.

It might just be a quirk with me using USB power instead of plugging it into the the wall. That or it could be like the Kindle in that you need to Eject it from the PC its connected to in order to play and charge at the sametime.

God knows.

#17 1 year ago
  18. frostface

@17 When I’m playing for long sessions on my Vita and the power starts to go in the battery, I plug it in from the mains (not using USB) and it charges the battery as I play. Trying to charge anything from a USB port is never as efficient as plugging it directly into the wall. I get that it’s your experience with charging the Vita that your sharing here but the information is wrong buddy.

@15/16 You can charge your Vita at the same time as playing.

#18 1 year ago