Lemmings Touch announced for the PS Vita courtesy of PlayStation Mobile devs d3t

Wednesday, 11th September 2013 22:34 GMT By Ewan Miller

Lemmings Touch is a new entry in the storied strategy game franchise coming exclusively to the PlayStation Vita. In addition to the classic role choosing gameplay, the developer d3t has created a variety of touch based gameplay, such as aiming a cannon, sliding a platform along the screen, lifting a object out of the Lemmings’ path. Shots below the jump.

As the name implies, the game’s primary control scheme is touch, tap a Lemming to select it and just tap which job you want it to have. This method works so well d3t’s Commercial Director Jamie Campbell said no “Lemmings game has never played and looked as good as this”.

The game is set to feature 100 levels which include new environments such as a Candy Land and Space, where the Lemmings will apparently encounter UFOs. The game allegedly contains a twist as well, Campbell claims “not all Lemmings are quite what they seem”, which conjures to the mind Cylon-esque spies who actively work to sabotage your building projects.

d3t previously ported the original Lemmings to PlayStation mobile, so they have some history with the franchise, so hopefully this will turn out fairly well.

Thanks, PlayStation Blog.

1. DSB

Oh Lemmings… Why are you not on GOG?

Lemmings II is really one of the all time greats for me. I loved the fuck out of that game. Still got the little book with the cute ass story about all the tribes and junk.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Pytox

@1 yea lemmings is awesome played it a lot too back in the day ;D

#2 11 months ago
  3. sonny

Lemmings on the Sega Mega Drive was probably the biggest fun I ever had playing games. This was mainly because it had that awesome splitscreen multiplayer mode where you could play against each other. Send one Lemming over to your friend as a saboteur to ruin it all –> awesome!

I have never seen this multiplayer mode in a Lemmings game on any other platform. They really should remake that game for the PS3. Just give us the old levels (maybe a few more) and that multiplayer mode, damn I would buy that stuff for the full retail price ^^

#3 11 months ago
  4. fuchikoma

I’ll add to this. I had so much fun playing Lemmings on the PC as a kid. And that soundtrack! CoLD SToRAGE FTW! So many catchy tracks.

#4 11 months ago
  5. DSB

I don’t think I ever noticed it on Mega Drive. I played the original Worms on the Mega Drive, and that was huge fun.

I still can’t accept that “new fangled” cartoony graphics they got going on today. My Worms were made of nice big pixels dammit.

#5 11 months ago