Crytek offers ‘no comment’ on Ryse: Knights of England sequel rumours

Wednesday, 11th September 2013 11:02 GMT By Dave Cook

Ryse: Knights of England has been name-dropped as a work-in-progress title to a potential follow-up to Ryse: Son of Rome. Crytek has been in touch with VG247 in regards to the matter.

The rumour originated over at GamingRumours, which cites unnamed sources close to the matter.

Apparently, Crytek is already planning ahead should Ryse: Son of Rome sales prove fruitful on Xbox One. Knights of England is the current tag-line being considered at the studio, and the game is said to be set in Medieval England and includes dragons.

We contacted Crytek about this rumour and a rep told us, “we don’t comment on these kind of rumors.”

So there you have it folks, the floor is sitll open. What do you think? Is this far-fetched or could Crytek be planning ahead already?

Don’t forget, that Crysis 4 was spoken about openly by Cevat Yerli before Crysis 3 released.

Let us know what you think.

1. xFidelCashflow

Looks like we have a…”CRYSIS” situation on our hands xD

…I’ll show myself out :/

#1 7 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Wahey! :D

#2 7 months ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

#3 7 months ago
  4. Gheritt White

Would much rather play a Knights of England game, tbh. I’m deeply unattracted to Son of Rome.

#4 7 months ago
  5. The_Red

Ryse will bomb badly, which is sad since it does have some nice things going for it like the setting and the art design.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Doppleganger

Ryse will bomb is based on?
    Being the only Action/Adventure on release day its going to make a killing. Dead Rising 3 unfortunately will be the title to fail. Personally Dead Rising is a 20 dollar arcade title to me at most.

#6 7 months ago
  7. Eon

@5 & @6
    I think you’re both underestimating them. I can’t really see Dead Rising 3 failing. I am both extremely impressed with it and slightly underwhelmed with it at the same time. I hear in action , certainly in the behind closed doors demos, journos have been blown away at some aspects. I won’t consider getting it until I at least try a demo though no doubt.

Ryse looks extraordinary but gameplay lies in question still as of this moment. I will decide which launch titles to get a bit closer to release. Either way, I can see just from your two contrasting comments (and even mine for that matter), none of us really have any idea how any of the games will fare.

#7 7 months ago
  8. vicrysty

Idea of bringing dragons in Ryse series is bad. All games that appear on the market, takes place in a fantasy world and have a dozen “dragons”. I thought Ryse will be a game that will have action in world history. So I would like to see events from history, not dragons and mythological creatures. Leave it to others to make such games with “dragons” and make the historical games that really occurred.

#8 7 months ago
  9. bradk825

I doubt the dragons, but the title is plausible.

Forza 5 was in development before Forza 4 shipped. These things do happen.

That being said, claiming to be an anonymous source close to the situation can be done by literally anyone.

By the way, unrelated news: My friend at the White House just told me Obama has decided to castrate himself at the end of his term, and leave his penis behind in a glass case. It will be known as the Obama Monument. This is totally true.

#9 7 months ago