Sony Japan hosting “Indie Stream” at TGS with Playism with “Exciting Announcements”

Monday, 9th September 2013 03:57 GMT By Ewan Miller

Together with Japanese indie games portal Playism, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan will be hosting a special “Indie Stream” event on the last night of TGS.

Indie devs NIGORO of La-Mulana fame and nyamyam (who are still working on their Indiecade finalist Tengami) have played a large part in organising the event, which focuses not only on the Japanese indie scene will serve to expose western indies to their Japanese counterparts.

Hopefully they’ll tell them about Steam, although you have to imagine the event will be focused on the new processes to get indie games onto the Playstation 4 and Vita.

Playism promises multiple announcements at the party, but has so far offered no hints as to what they might be, aside from “a glimpse into SCEJA and Playism’s plans for indie gaming in Japan going forward”.

Since the party is focused on international press as well as local, hopefully we get decent coverage of whatever it might be, as the Japanese indie scene does seem to get overshadowed by its western counterpart.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Dark

It will be interesting to see some japanese indie games.

#1 8 months ago
  2. KAP

I’m sorry but nothing gets me more hyped then a Sony Press Conference…

#2 8 months ago
  3. Telepathic.Geometry

Release date and price, that’s what I wanna know. I’m guessing December and 42,000 yen. As for the extra announcement, it would be cool if it were The Last Guardian or something, but I guess that’s just not gonna happen…

#3 8 months ago
  4. Dragon246

@2,
    Sony TGS presser is all the more exciting for me this year because we can expect some great Japanese games there that are not Japan only.
    After all, they will be doing a live English translation.

#4 8 months ago
  5. KAP

I grew up on Japanese games (obviously) but of late they havent been doing it for me except Platinum Games, Konami.. I hope they’ll come strong this gen.

#5 8 months ago
  6. Dragon246

The Last Guardian will at last be shown!
    :D
    Still, its going to be a great show, particularly with those english translations :D

#6 8 months ago
  7. Dragon246

NEW VITA MODEL!
    Crappy video for me, but it may contain 1gb internal memory.

#7 8 months ago