Gearbox video shows you what you’ll miss by not attending its Community Day event

Saturday, 7th September 2013 18:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Gearbox Software has released a video giving you a glimpse of what the firm’s Community Day event will consist of come September 14. Those who cannot attend the event in Dallas, Texas, can purchase a digital access pack which includes HD livestream of the event, exclusive Borderlands 2 heads and skins, Homeworld HD and Homeworld Classic along with beta access to one of the two games the firm has in the works. Video is below.

1. DSB

How sure are you that the heads and skins will be exclusive though? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of an exclusive SHiFT code.

Doesn’t mean they wouldn’t exist, obviously!

#1 8 months ago
  2. dexfx69

Gearbox lost me and lost the plot, when they royally butchered Aliens Colonial Marines AND the 4th installment of Brothers In Arms. They’ll have to earn back my respect!

#2 8 months ago
  3. NocturnalB

In Gearbox’s defense, they really didn’t develop Aliens: Colonial Marines. That game was developed by Demiurge Studios, Nerve Software and TimeGate Studios. Gearbox outsourced it to those studios, who in turn destroyed it.

#3 8 months ago
  4. DSB

Gearbox are absolutely responsible for everything with their name on it though, and they really have shot themselves in the foot recently. Even if Timegate screwed up Marines and 3D Realms screwed up Duke Nukem, they still slapped their name on the box.

But personally I just can’t hate guys like Mikey Neumann, Anthony Burch and Randy Pitchford. They’re the polar opposites of the faceless robotic game developers, and I always want to hear what they have to say.

Burch may be a pussy, but I still really like his writing.

#4 8 months ago
  5. lionfranky

#3 Yeah they are responsible for A:CM since they had a contract with Sega to develop the title. It was their job to oversee the project to the end. Also, Gearbox claimed that they developed more than half of the campaign(Although it was proven lie.)
    Let’s say I had a contract with a house owner to clean his house, but since I didn’t have enough time I ordered other guy to take job with portion of money. But those guys did horrible job on cleaning. Are you going to tell me that I am not responsible for the mess? It was my bloody job that I should have done myself from start.

#4. So you like hack of writer and a liar? You like a snake oil salesman that out right lie to you for money? If so, you are a sheep. This is everything wrong with gaming industry.

#5 8 months ago
  6. DSB

@5 People who call other people sheep when they don’t share their opinion – which is more than slightly ironic, since you’re obviously the one who expects people to join your flock – are what I like to call insecure morons.

I don’t see how I was lied to for money. I went on what I saw of the game, and it never actually looked good. Even the “vertical slice” that everybody is so up in arms about, looked crap.

So I didn’t buy it. It really wasn’t difficult.

And Anthony Burch rules. So fuck you, and fuck the flock you rode in on.

#6 8 months ago