Xbox One allows you to “play the way you want to,” according to infographic

Friday, 6th September 2013 20:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has posted a infographic along with a fact sheet showing how you can still swap discs with Xbox One, and how the system allows you to download a game and play it on any other Xbox One console.

All of this information has been posted before, but at least the company put it in an organized list for you. It’s below. Xbox One is out November 22.

• You can buy your games on disc, or download them. Your downloadable games will be available to you on any Xbox One.
  • You can trade, rent, sell, gift or loan any game disc. It works just like it does today for Xbox 360.
  • You can purchase a game digitally and start playing while it downloads.
  • You can play games online or offline – it’s up to you.
  • You can check your favorite team’s score on Live TV, answer a call with Skype or go to grab snacks while in the midst of battle. With Xbox One – you can suspend and resume gameplay instantly.
  • You can sign in to any Xbox One and instantly access your personal profile, downloadable games, preferences and favorites.
  • With Home Gold, anyone in your family can access top Xbox Live Gold benefits on your Xbox One, such as multi-player and entertainment apps.

1. monkeygourmet

I want:

Extra gherkins, Double cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion…

Hold on… I thought I was at Burger King for a minute!

#1 1 year ago
  2. pcbros

1 – You can purchase a game digitally and start playing while it downloads.

2 – You can check your favorite team’s score on Live TV, answer a call with Skype or go to grab snacks while in the midst of battle. With Xbox One – you can suspend and resume gameplay instantly.

My favorite features of the bunch…

I wonder if I can play a game and have Live TV (I know you can surf the net) on the upper right corner. That would be awesome.

#2 1 year ago
  3. perk1n

Ms needs an infographic for everything after all these 180s

#3 1 year ago
  4. pcbros

As long as they iron out all the details before launch. In a few months no one will care about these 180s.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Clear messaging is better than the embarrassment they went through.

#5 1 year ago
  6. pukem0n

of course, PS fanboys will always remember :)

just like they remember all those stolen features from the PS3 ^^

#6 1 year ago
  7. Joe Anderson

Notice how home gold is limited to a single Xbox in the members home, yet with family gold you could use features on multiple Xbox 360′s. this is pathetic for families with more than one console as it means you’ll have to buy multiple gold memberships.

#7 1 year ago
  8. perk1n

It is embarrass that they have to advertise point 2, like it is sth new. But whatever.

#8 1 year ago
  9. wildBoar

“**Home gold benefits limited to single Xbox One in member’s home;restrictions apply.”

What an amazing feature Microsoft, so now people can use their brothers/sisters sub AND EVEN rank up their own Gamerscore? Oh my.

#9 1 year ago
  10. perk1n

Calling it features is the most embarrassing.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Tech-N9ne

#9

I guess they need a special info graph for retards too. You can use any account dummy.

Edit:
    #9 apologies I miss read ur post.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Tech-N9ne

@perk1n

I guess ur gonna keep talking to yourself.

#12 1 year ago
  13. BurritoZ

Lol i love the fact that all this meant shit to them a few months back, Im glad those shitty preorder #s made MS come their senses though.

#13 1 year ago
  14. perk1n

@tech-n9ne

As a non-english speaker, I just learned embarrassment. ;)

#14 1 year ago
  15. Tech-N9ne

hehehe

#15 1 year ago
  16. wildBoar

@11 no worries, the dudes on this site have me going like that as well. Cool to see a legit apology on VG247 though, as rare as unicorns those are.

#16 1 year ago
  17. drewbles82

Play the way i want, you forgot backwards comp so nope not for me

#17 1 year ago
  18. pukem0n

lol, stay in the past then

#18 1 year ago
  19. Se_7_eN

These are just seeming desperate and I find, are quite painful to read.

#19 1 year ago
  20. MFBB

#2 like picture in pucture mode, but I think you cant.

I have never seen this in any presentation and they would for sure have mentioned it.

The game pauses when you switch to TV.

This looks so much better than a few month ago.

Good thing the shitty pre orders made them turn this more into a gaming console again and we got Fifa thanks to that.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Arcnail

If anything, I’m more annoyed of all the infographics I’m seeing these days.

Either way, we get it MS. People who follow video games understand now.

Here’s an idea.. show people a clip of the new Halo (or something else unannounced.. maybe non fps). Get people excited about your console for it’s games.

And stop talking. You are no good at talking.

#21 1 year ago
  22. pcbros

Everyone hated Microsoft when they introduced their vision of the future of gaming. People threw a tantrum. Microsoft decides to step back and make people happy. Now all we hear are people criticizing their 180s. Yeesh…

Let it go, it’s not like Sony is perfect. Don’t forget how not too long ago all of our accounts were compromised (they were even offering free Credit reports). They did a 180 on our ability to install Linux. If we paid for a PS3 and installing Linux was a feature we paid for, how do they have the balls to remove it? They removed backwards compatibility with PS2 games later on as well. All of a sudden, we trust these people?

Why don’t we hear Sony fans complaining that they now have to pay to play online? Wasn’t Sony’s position that online gaming should be free?

Seems like Sony has done their share of 180s too. Some people just choose to forget them.

#22 1 year ago
  23. NocturnalB

Completely agreed. That’s why I’ve tried never to participate in “brand loyalty”. It’s close minded and voluntary ignorance.

For me, yeah, the original policies Microsoft presented had me running for the Sony hills as far as console gaming went, but from a realistic perspective, it was only because they had the lesser constricting system. At that point in time Sony was the only one left still allowing the free trade of used games. But the fact of the matter is they have their own track record of anti-gamer policies and 180′s.

In the end, every company in the industry is still a business, and every one of them has more than their fair share of incompetent and detached CEO’s, presidents, corporate them/they people.

I don’t understand fanboyism, but hey everybody has something they’re passionate about I guess.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Silent Killer01

smell like damage control to me.

#24 1 year ago
  25. viralshag

Bloody hell MS! What the hell do you think you’re doing trying to release clear information about your new console! Can’t you just make mistakes that I can complain about!? If you keep releasing these rather decent info graphics I’m just going to have to complain about it anyway…

Oh wait.

#25 1 year ago
  26. polygem

i must say, i absolutely LOVE the green and black…

but i just don’t like the games for the system, nor do i have any trust in ms at the moment. i started losing it the moment i turned on my xbl gold 360 and a commercial said hello. a clip, with sound and all. i also have to watch at superannoying music “artists” that literally make me puke, at least put me in a bad mood. i still have no “choice” to customize that dashboard so i don’t have to face this trash.

i might just buy a xbox one poster instead, because of that awesome colors…oh wait, it’s full of lies.

i am a great complainer.

#26 1 year ago
  27. Major Mayhem 70

You could give a person a million dollars and they’d complain that you gave it to them in hundred dollar bills instead of twenties.

#27 1 year ago
  28. polygem

i only complain if there’s really something to complain about. regarding xbox one, there’s plenty…unfortunately. i’d love to buy one. they don’t make it easy.

#28 1 year ago
  29. monkeygourmet

@PCBros

Exactly…

I had my backwards compatibility removed when I sent my Ps3 in for repair, I had to pay for the privilege too.

#29 1 year ago
  30. AngryConsumer

anyone seen the movie ‘dumb and dumber’?… at microsoft they clearly havent.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Phoenixblight

How repairs are done is that you send the system in and they replace it with another fixed system. You were going to lose that function the day it bricked.

#31 1 year ago
  32. polygem

@31…doesn’t make it right.

#32 1 year ago
  33. Phoenixblight

No but that is how it works for console repairs. If he had looked for a local place that does it he would have that functionality. MS, SOny do that and its why they tell you to just pack the console.

#33 1 year ago
  34. monkeygourmet

They could have told me, I had just purchased God Hand and Odin Sphere from amazon and was looking forward to playing them.

There was no warning or compensation.

When the replacement arrived, the hard drive was loose as it had been bashed around. It was poor service in general really.

MS have always given me some XBlive codes or even points

Also, MS to my knowledge haven’t removed any features from the 360?

#34 1 year ago
  35. polygem

ok, sure

#35 1 year ago
  36. Citrus raptor

I’m looking forward to all the free kills that comes with people checking their replays in the middle of matches.

#36 1 year ago
  37. Phoenixblight

MS was smart in that regard they didn’t make systems with other features that are hardware specific. I never received any MS points when I sent my 360 instead I got a system that bricked 2 weeks later with no HDMI ports when I had the Elite. THe first time was due to RROD and the second time they sent me a system that its Disc Reader was busted. I found a listing on Craiglist for the system for less than hundred that matched the original and just bought it.

#37 1 year ago
  38. monkeygourmet

It’s all random I guess.

My service with MS and Nintendo (my Wii U bricked), have been prompt and helpful, my service with Sony was pretty poor.

Sounds like you have had the reverse. :)

Coincidently, I think my PS3 is about to crap out again. I turned it on the other day and what I presume was the fan went bat shit crazy. Went on full power and sounded like a Russian tractor. I thought it was going to take off… Also, air was blowing out the back vents like a wind tunnel…

Still don’t know what that was about…

#38 1 year ago
  39. Phoenixblight

I am just going to get a warranty for the PS4 through AMazon and if it bricks, AMazon will just replace the system. No need to sending it to a random location in Mexico being replaced by underpaid workers.

#39 1 year ago
  40. pcbros

34 – You would think they would ADD features and not rip them out. I feel for you.

I know I was mad initially because I also had a lot of PS2 games. I think backwards compatibility with at least the last-generation is important. Makes the transition to the next-generation less painful. Who really can hold on to all their systems?

Also, the removal of a Linux installation caused quite the uproar. Sony made it clear that they control the way we can use their consoles. I believe that’s what triggered that massive Sony hack.

Not to sound biased, but I can’t recall off hand Microsoft or Nintendo doing anything like that (removing features during the console’s lifespan).

Anyways, my point is that we should try not have any brand loyalty in this generation.

#40 1 year ago
  41. InhaleDaHerbHomie

Xbox sucks fat hairy dick! Go red Socks Woooo! To all buying xboxs FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAT MOTHERS.word son.

#41 1 year ago
  42. InhaleDaHerbHomie

#40 fucking Swedish neutral piece of shit!!!! Go worship your pc bro

#42 1 year ago
  43. drewbles82

how am i living in the past for wanting backwards comp. I spent 1000s on these games over this gen and the majority of the games i have, i would play again and again.
    I think that makes me a loyal customer, a fan. I would still buy new games but having the option just to switch to playing a few games of Trials HD with my mates or while waiting for that new game i really want, i can finish off these yearly assassins creeds as im still on AC Rev.
    Not everyone buys day one, yes i can keep my 360 but since it costs so much, a lot of people will trade in their 360 to pay for a new one.
    Just sounds stupid to me when instead of like 15-20 games available on launch, you have those and the entire 360 library to choose from.

#43 1 year ago
  44. pcbros

@43 – I hope Sony and Microsoft can allow gamers to play their PSN/XBL games on the next-generation systems.

#44 1 year ago
  45. Clupula

@42 – If I could face palm any harder, my hand would go through the back of my skull.

It’s Switzerland that is known for its neutrality, you know. Not Sweden. They are two different countries.

#45 1 year ago
  46. stretch215

Lol @42. I think you need to read up on some history, son. Your name is classic though.

#46 1 year ago
  47. Citrus raptor

Sweden is also known for its neurality…

#47 1 year ago