Nintendo lowers US price of Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Friday, 6th September 2013 13:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo has announced that three of its “best-selling and best-reviewed” Wii games are now available at a new low price.

Starting today, you can pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports Resort fort $29.99 each.

Nintendo said this is just one of the steps it’s taking to “provide shoppers with the best value and variety across all its systems through the end of 2013.”

Super Mario Galaxy 2 to date the game has sold more than 2.7 million in the United States alone, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii has sold more than 9.4 million in the U.S. and Wii Sports Resort has U.S. sales of nearly 7 million.

1. Fin

Wtf, Galaxy 2 is £34 on Amazon. For a 3.5 year old game. WTF.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Yep, Nintendo games hold there price generally.

#2 1 year ago
  3. jeffb01

LOL. I literally just bought NSMB Wii on Tuesday to play with my kid… dusting that wii off. I’m really tempted to get the wii U but I would only play 3 games on it (mario, Luigi and DK)…

#3 1 year ago
  4. OnionPowder

@2 Especially Galaxy 2, considering it’s like #3 on the metacritics best games of all time list right?

#4 1 year ago
  5. mistermogul

@3 – If you do get a Wii U you should def get Wonderful 101 also. It’s awesome!

#5 1 year ago
  6. OnionPowder

@5 and Pikmin 3!

#6 1 year ago
  7. polygem

@3. i say: do it! especially if you want to play couch coop. rayman legends is a fantastic coop game. highly recommend that one. mario kart will be tons of fun too, mario 3d world looks like it will be a great coop game as well.
    i truly enjoy the wiiu and for family gaming it’s the best option imho.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Bowser

I never finished Galaxy 1 but at that price I think I’ll go on and pick up Galaxy 2. My Fall Break just started today and that might be perfect.

#8 1 year ago
  9. elem187

@3, There is actually a few really great titles already out, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Zombi U. Zelda comes out in 2 weeks.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Cobra951

I did finish Galaxy 1, though not its most masochistic optional levels. I will definitely be picking up 2 at some point at the better price (maybe even better than that).

#10 1 year ago