PlayStation 4 supports 4 controllers

Wednesday, 4th September 2013 05:04 GMT By Brenna Hillier

In response to a query on Twitter, SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed the PlayStation 4 supports four control pads at once. The PS3 managed seven, a feature which was very rarely used, and the Xbox One supports eight. The PS4 is coming in November; Sony UK boss Fergal Gera says demand is “spectacularly” beyond past console launches.

Thanks, Dragon246.

1. Doppleganger

Ouch, this one hurts. Even though its so rare to have more then 4 people and 4 controllers in a household Those big sport games in one house are so much fun.

#1 12 months ago
  2. Scared

Role reversal from current gen, but so rarely used that barely anyone will notice (Except the developers, they will notice a lot).

#2 12 months ago
  3. redwood

we have fifa at work on a 360, and we have aton of people playing on a 60-inch screen. And at a point we actually thought about getting a ps3 cause it allows more than 4 controllers.. but not many people actually complained. So although i DONT like this decision from sony, I am not so sure about how many people actually want more than 4 controllers.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Christopher Jack

Well I’d hate to play an 8 player split screen game but as others have mentioned sports & a few other genres could de well with more than 4 players.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Joe Musashi

No Hi-Ten Bomberman for PS4 then! :(

JM

#5 12 months ago
  6. Telepathic.Geometry

For me, 4 players is already more than generous enough. More than that would definitely be cool for uni students playing bomber man, for sure, but I think that the number of people who benefit from it is too few to even bother.

In fact, I can’t remember the last time I played with even 4 people, let alone 8. Oh, I can, it was Wii Mario Party…

#6 12 months ago
  7. Consolegamer

it’s enough

#7 12 months ago
  8. melonbuster1

Oh what no 8 player. . Im not buying it now.. omg!!!! This is an outrage!! I won’t stand for this. . Xbox1 is better because of this over site

#8 12 months ago
  9. MFBB

Aint going to spend 240€ on controllers or even 480€ for 8…

My second controller was already useless, I am going to be fine with just 1.

When your older, kids dont come over to your house to play anymore =)

#9 12 months ago
  10. super3001

do move count as controller or media remote? games that use 2 move controller will limited to 2 player.

#10 12 months ago
  11. Dimaco

@ MFBB + 1
    (well maybe a second one…)
    ;-)

#11 12 months ago
  12. Gheritt White

Who wants to bet that Sony will release an adaptor?

Guaranteed cert, IMHO – they love charging through the nose for their peripherals.

#12 12 months ago
  13. DuckOfDestiny

Wait, there are still games with local multiplayer?

#13 12 months ago