Metal Gear Solid 5 character Quiet to be detailed this week

Wednesday, 4th September 2013 09:16 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 5′s new character Quiet is to have her full CG model revealed this Friday. Hideo Kojima decided to focus on the newcomer after cosplayers asked to see her full outfit.

Over on Twitter, Kojima explained that he will share more about the new character this Friday at midnight PST over on the Metal Gear Solid 5 homepage.

Quiet first appeared in the Metal Gear Solid 5 E3 trailer. Hit the link to watch it again.

Here’s a still of Quiet from the clip:

Kojima’s tweets went as follows:

Want more Metal Gear Solid 5? Head over to my all access feed for all the news, rumours, screens and trailers so far.

1. trtrtr

Not on PC ==fact

will never come to PC hahaha
    PC pirates start begging for it

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hirmetrium

trtrtr, your comment makes no sense. If MGR:R is coming to PC, why would MGS5 not?

Plus MGS1&2 both made it to PC.

#2 1 year ago
  3. deas

hahaha that shity port

PC beggars can continue begging
    i actually like when PC beggars beg for games

PC beggars race

#3 1 year ago
  4. tmac2011

buy a console already and deal with it, jeez. its even worst with GTA. its been to queit with info on MGS5..

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dark

#5 1 year ago
  6. ff046a2e

oh great, yet another excuse for cosplayers to show up in their half-nude costumes.

Honestly, there should be some sort of limit to what cosplayers are allowed to wear, some cosplayers take it way too far.

#6 1 year ago
  7. BurritoZ

Looking forward to friday then. Im sort of wondering if we’ll see EVA in MGS5? Just a random thought……

#7 1 year ago
  8. salarta

@5: Ah, good, sensible clothing for a sensible woman out in the searing heat of a war-torn desert! Truly, I would not expect a female character in such a setting to wear anything less.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dragon246

@8,
    Well, it gets really hot in the desert, so…. :P

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

@5 – I approve.

Now, let’s guess how many editorials among various websites there will be closer to the release of the game complaining about her outfit.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Djoenz

WTF man @5
    I dont want a boner when Im gaming xD. This is too much. I cant respect a lady wearing that in public!

#11 1 year ago
  12. Clupula

@11 – Then you should never go to any of the clubs I go to.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Dragon246

@11,
    “I cant respect a lady wearing that in public!”
    So what are you going to do? :D

#13 1 year ago
  14. Clupula

@13 – Probably make the bald man cry while being angry at her for not conforming to his outdated Puritanical views.

And then be angry at himself for saying he “can’t respect” a fictional fucking character.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Dragon246

@14,
    I am pretty sure he was joking :D

#15 1 year ago
  16. Djoenz

You can bone her, but that doesnt mean she gets respect. I get aroused, but that aint wifey material.

A fictional fucking character you say aye? Thats fucking right a fucking fictional fucking character doesnt need this fucking useless sexual nonsense.

It has no purpose at all. Or yeah maybe this persuades you to buy it. I pity the fool that thinks this is cool. Its just nonsense.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Lengendaryboss

“I cant respect a lady wearing that in public!”
    Well oh no: http://i.minus.com/ieBx1Ug8lOgjp.gif

#17 1 year ago
  18. Clupula

He’ll be pulling the switch, flogging the baby turtle, whapping the weasel, polishing Lord Vader’s helmet, yanking the chain, squeezing the salami, beating the boloney, mashing the millimeter monster…

#18 1 year ago
  19. Clupula

@16 – Translation: “Grrrr…SEX MAKES ME ANGRY!!!! BURKAS FOR EVERYONE!!!”

#19 1 year ago
  20. Djoenz

lmao…dont mistake my statement that I dont respect sexy women!
    This has no purpose in game tbh and especially not for a female soldier.

There is a difference between sexy and just plain slutty.
    You guys might be happy with fucking slutty crackwhores. not me tyvm. I roll with classy ladies.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Clupula

@15 – Does he sound like he’s joking in #16? Sounds like just another insecure little boy who can’t stand the thought that a woman might actually enjoy sex just as much as a man can. And the fact that he’s acting this way over a woman who isn’t real, well, I’d hate to see him around real women.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Hcw87

As a male gamer, i don’t care if female characters look sexy.

Maybe some people are from different cultures, but again, it’s a _GAME_.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Lengendaryboss

Again: http://i.minus.com/ieBx1Ug8lOgjp.gif

“This has no purpose in game tbh and especially not for a female soldier.”
    You lost me when you said game, thought you were referring to a fictional reality not a real life one, wait…

#23 1 year ago
  24. Clupula

@20 – I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone call twelve-sided dice “classy ladies” before.

But whatever floats your boat.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Djoenz

@Clupula
    You are a pretty immature individual you know that.
    If they put a thong on a dude I bet you would complain as well.

@LB Imagine your mom wearing that in public. Come on now. In real life or in game its pointless except on the beach perhaps. :P

#25 1 year ago
  26. Clupula

@25 – No, I wouldn’t. Probably find it funny in the same way I find Cho Aniki funny.

And besides, Metal Gear has already had men in thongs before. Raidokivich in MGS3?

#26 1 year ago
  27. salarta

It’s actually got a fairly large problem in the “completely unrealistic for her to wear” category. I can shrug it off because it’s Kojima and he created the series, but realistically Quiet is basically asking to die from heat exposure. When you get to a certain point, it’s actually better to wear clothes than go shirtless. No “women would wear more body armor for protection in a combat zone” or “wearing so little is likely to draw more attention to her,” all we need to point to is how wearing so little is dangerous in such a hot environment and how the only reason that’s being ignored is to ratchet up sex appeal.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Clupula

Or for that matter, Raiden being nude in MGS2 or Johnny being nude and on all fours after Meryl strips him in MGS1.

They’re polygons. Only a child or a prude would be upset by the clothing or lack of fictional characters wear. I didn’t freak out over the nude Madison or Ethan in Heavy Rain, because I’m an adult and nudity isn’t a big deal to me.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Lengendaryboss

Would it bother me in real life? yes but it bothering me isn’t the issue: if its bothering the person then it becomes an issue. But in a game? no, i mean come on now: it doesn’t matter its fiction, its polygons it doesn’t exist in the real world beside crossplay people who are comfortable doing it doesn’t feel embarrassed, besides this is Kojima we’re talking about here.

#29 1 year ago
  30. wildBoar

kinda goes with the genre though, by all means come along every soccer mom and puritan christian who for some fucking inexpliccable reason plays videogames, please tell us how criminal it is for a bum to appear in a videogame. How it’s misogynist to women and so on. If someone makes a fuzz over this.. that’s it for me. I’m gonna start playing tennis instead.

#30 1 year ago
  31. wildBoar

okay.. Double posts now.. My bad propably but I’m gonna blame you Vg..

#31 1 year ago
  32. Clupula

@30 – You know they’re gonna make a fuss over this. The good thing, though, is that I don’t think Kojima gives a shit what people think of his art, so I don’t think the prudes are going to have any say in this matter and the fine bum of Quiet will be exposed to all.

#32 1 year ago
  33. salarta

@30: Enjoy tennis! Because I guarantee there will be a big deal about this.

#33 1 year ago
  34. wildBoar

@32/33 Honestly these designs are pretty much just exemplary of the times we live in, haven’t we all seen buttcracks and cameltoes from girls who wear leggings at this point?

I mean this game is 18+ rated, children get more exposure to sex by going to their local mall ffs. One of my friends just posted a pic with her tits out on FB the other day. It’s not like we aren’t getting massively exposed to this sort of thing outside of games.

#34 1 year ago
  35. Dragon246

I was wrong.

I have as much problem with this as I have playing hardcore murder simulators. Like.every.shooter.ever.
    ie. I don’t give a damn.

#35 1 year ago
  36. Clupula

@35 – It is funny, isn’t it, that he has no problem respecting a man who sneaks up behind multiple people, who may even have families back at home, and slits their throats. I don’t see him having a problem with Snake for that.

Oh, but he might say that those men don’t have families, because they aren’t real.

To which I’d point out that neither is Quiet.

#36 1 year ago