Tue, Sep 03, 2013 | 23:03 BST
Sanctum 2 Ruins of Brightholme DLC hits Friday
Coffee Stains Games will release the second DLC pack for first-person tower defence title Sanctum 2 on Friday.
Ruins of Brightholme, as the pack is known, is due on Steam on September 6. Described as as large as the first expansion, it includes new weapons, larger map elements, and “infected” enemies. Set in the slums of Brightholme, the pack has players improvising with tools and local materials to defeat foes. Here’s a PR rundown of the new features:
- Improvised Weapons – Take apart enemies invading the Slums with two “tool-inspired” weapons: Nail Gun and Circle Saw. The Nail Gun fires highly damaging industrial nails while the Circle Saw delivers deadly decapitating melee attacks. Secondary attacks of these weapons are uber cool.
- Bigger, Badder Interactive Levels – The popular interactive map elements of the first expansion pack gets bigger in Ruins of Brightholme. Four new playable maps will feature trigger events such as explosive traps and rising toxic liquid areas challenging players to adapt their tower defense designs around these elements.
- Two Additional Defense Towers – Rupture Mines continue to damage enemies based on the speed and distance they travel while the unusually random Makeshift Tower can fire with critical damage or shutdown at any time.
- Challenging Enemies – The Jumper will cause players headaches by clearing walls and towers with a single bound. Infected Explorers – mutated human beings – shamble recklessly toward players with insane regenerative abilities and powerful melee attacks.
- Powerful Perks – Now customize your character with seven perks that include kill streaks that increase damage, faster movement and greater damage at full health, and even the “Thor Module” perk that enables towers to emit a shockwave each time it kills an enemy.
- Rank Cap Level – Increased by 5.
Ruins of Brightholme will set you back $5, and is included in the $12 Sanctum 2 DLC season pass. The game itself is $15 on PC or 1,200 Microsoft Points for Xbox Live.