Driveclub developer Evolution Studions has posted some new details on the free edition of its racer on NeoGAF, confirming that it’s “the full game minus a few cars/tracks.”
Posting in this NeoGAF thread, Driveclub’s design director Paul Rustchynsky spooled off the following answers to user questions:
- There will be a discount to upgrade to the full digital edition from the PS+ edition, but prices won’t be announced for a few more weeks yet.
- When you upgrade from the PS+ Edition you get the full digital edition which doesn’t require a PS+ subscription.
- You can earn the platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember its the full game minus a few cars/tracks.
- Rear-view mirrors as you’ve seen in the latest direct feed footage just show the environment – you’d be surprised how limited the visibility in the mirrors are for a lot of these cars and for gameplay purposes we want to give the best visibility.
- We are working on a photo mode, but that’s all I can say about it right now.
- You guys wanted uncompressed footage and obviously the PS4 capture utilises some form of video compression to ensure the videos aren’t ridiculously large (the raw direct feed videos we captured are 6GB for 2 minutes of footage).
- We’re working on alternative solutions for trying to get the highest quality vids up online quickly by ourselves.
- No Split-Screen I’m afraid
I saw Driveclub at gamescom a few weeks ago. Here’s what I thought.
Driveclub is a PS4 launch tite dropping November 15 in North America and November 29 across Europe.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.