Xbox One and Xbox 360 chat quality comparison released by Microsoft

Thursday, 29th August 2013 20:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Xbox One will have improved voice chat thanks to integration with Skype’s audio codec, and when you combine it with the Xbox One Chat Headset, the voice quality will be high, according to the firm.

With dedicated audio processing the chat quality is much higher compared to Xbox 360, as noted below through the audio files posted by Microsoft.

According to the firm, the Xbox One Wireless Controller’s “new expansion port dramatically expands the data transfer rate between the controller and console.”

Skype’s audio codec and Xbox One Chat Headset both capture and render speech at 24 KHz PCM, which is triple the rendering sample rate and a 50% capture rate improvement over Xbox 360 headsets.

An Xbox One Chat Headset comewith every Xbox One console.

1. Sethos

Damn, they almost reached 2003 standards in Teamspeak quality. Amazing.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hcw87

People find stuff to complain about everywhere.

#2 1 year ago
  3. FuntimeBen

Um. My 360 chat quality is better than this. A lot better. I think they have degraded the 360 audio below what it actually sounds like.

#3 1 year ago
  4. JamieAllen

My Uncle Alex just got a fantastic black Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab from only workin parttime on a pc… visit the site… C­­a­­f­­e­­4­­4.ℂ­­ℴ­­ℳ

#4 1 year ago
  5. xxJPRACERxx

@3 I think it sounds exactly like my 360.

#5 1 year ago
  6. MCTJim

one the 360..once i bought a great headset…it all sounded much better.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Doppleganger

sounds like my 360 as well.
    Cant wait to get my hands on xbox one.

#7 1 year ago
  8. fearmonkey

24 KHz PCM, which is triple the rendering sample rate and a 50% capture

Wow, so it was 8bit 8khZ and now it’s 24khz and 12bit or 16bit, congratulations MS, you just hit AM radio to basic FM quality

#8 1 year ago