Uwe Boll takes Postal 2 film project to Kickstarter, wants $500,000

Thursday, 29th August 2013 10:46 GMT By Dave Cook

Alone in the Dark director Uwe Boll has taken to Kickstarter in an attempt to raise $500,000 to make a sequel to his critically-panned flick Postal.

The original film bears a 22 rating on Metacritic, but regardless Boll is looking to make Postal 2, and is calling it, “a controversial comedy about current political issues.”

You can find the film’s Kickstarter campaign page here. At the time of writing it has made $2,801 with 59 days to go.

The Kickstarter mission statement reads, “POSTAL 2 will finally destroy the filmindustry and the world we are living in. We could name the movie also HONEY BOOBOO must die ….but so many people deserve to die. Why starting with a child? Did Osama die? We know. And why the Navy Seals were too stupid to land a helicopter on a free field? Why did Building 6 collapse? We explain. Why is Obama is like Bush? We show you.”

Under the header “Where the money goes” is the reply, “The money goes all for cocaine for the stars down the nose.”

What do you think?

1. wicktus

seriously his EGO is so big that he doesn’t see how bad his movies are…for the sake of humnaity STOP making films and find another hobby !!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 I read that his films make more money if they flop due to some sort of tax loophole. If true then he knows exactly what he’s doing.

Could be bollocks though.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Judicas

I would gladly donate to a Uwe Boll jump off a bridge with no harness kickstarter fund :p

#3 1 year ago
  4. Obernox

#4 1 year ago
  5. rbevanx

Yeah it was a German loophole to support films if they flopped. It no longer exists and ceased a good couple of years ago because he and others took advantage of it.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Erthazus

@2, If his films made money he would not start a kickstarter for 500K $

#6 1 year ago
  7. Oynox Slider

Great. I am looking forward to this one. I loved the crude humor of Postal :D

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

Has anyone seen his last film? Guy goes on a rampage and kills bankers. Very entertaining and not bad at all. He definitely got better. I guess he had to, after the loophole was closed.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Max Payne

@8 Solid movie because it wasn’t based on any game :D

#9 1 year ago
  10. GwynbleiddiuM

Gotta admire his spirit, he never gives up on himself. That said, I’d rather shoot myself in the head than donating to a project that Uwe Boll’s name’s on it.

#10 1 year ago
  11. sh4dow

@4: Funny, I was considering some Bateman pictures myself ;)

What I hate so much about Boll is that there are probably many people out there who actually have great ideas but they never get funding for them. Yet this idiot here…

#11 1 year ago
  12. MFBB

#10 why should he give up?

He is rich thanks to his movies.

They made him millions of euros/dollars.

I still have no idea who buys his movies or who likes them…but there seem to be quite many people who do that.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Sethos

No Uwe, no.

#13 1 year ago
  14. MadFlavour

Reminds me of one of my favourit pulp fiction quotes.

Vincent if you give this nimrod fiteen hundred dollars I’m going to shoot him on general principle.

#14 1 year ago
  15. fearmonkey

Never saw the original Postal, and didnt want to after watching his House of the Dead, which was just terrible by any standard.

Sponsoring Uwe to make a movie is like handing a driver at a NASCAR event a bottle of jack Daniels, your doing it to see a wreck.

#15 1 year ago
  16. JimFear-666

i hope he fail his kickstarter campaign

#16 1 year ago