Takedown: Red Sabre Steam pre-purchase open ahead of September launch, bonuses & trailer inside

Thursday, 29th August 2013 12:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Takedown: Red Sabre will receive a selection of Steam pre-purchase bonuses ahead of the shooter’s September launch. We’ve got details of the goodies and a new trailer here.

In a press release sent to VG247 today, publisher 505 games confirmed that pre-purchasing is now open on Steam at £11.99.

Takedown: Red Sabre is developed by Serellan and it’s out September 20. If you get in before launch you will receive a “Red Sabre Deadly Killhouse” pack which includes a single-player ‘Tango Hunt’ map, and the ability to test your multiplayer load-outs, as well as weapon and ammo combinations ahead of the game’s release.

The shooter is also coming to Xbox Live for 1200 Microsoft Points (when we get the real-money equivalent I’ll update this piece).

Any takers?

1. Pytox

Is this a source mod?

#1 11 months ago
  2. Aullah

Ummm… does it have compet. multiplayer? Because I was swear it does but wikipedia pages says otherwise.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Max Payne

I think there SP,coop and PVP.

#3 11 months ago
  4. YoungZer0

Not a good trailer, is it?

#4 11 months ago
  5. DSB

It’s a pretty crappy trailer, but I’m still gonna jump at the opportunity to play a game that’ll halfway remind of (the real) Rainbow Six.

And the pricetag is very reasonable.

#5 11 months ago
  6. GwynbleiddiuM

Hmmmm… trailer is garbage, but I too would get it if it’s anything like S6: Raven Shield, I loved that game.

#6 11 months ago
  7. DSB

@7 Heretic! :P

Raven Shield got watered down because they wanted to draw in the console crowd. It was definitely playable, but the AI was so incredibly bad.

It’s not that the AI was extremely complex in the previous games, but it had a very clearly defined set of rules, which meant that a careful plan would be succesful a very large percent of the time.

In Raven Shield there were all sorts of random “mindfarts” in the AI that meant that a good plan would be completely ruined by random factors like terrorist placement and stuff like that.

It’s the exact same with Swat 3 and Swat 4. Swat 4 was a mess, but Swat 3 was awesome because it had very limited, scripted AI that meant you could predict how your squadmates would perform, instead of constantly expecting them to fail you because of some small variable.

#7 11 months ago
  8. GwynbleiddiuM

@DSB :D Well it had tons of weapons and mods and many soldiers but I agree that the AI was terribad, still was hard as hell though. Planning bits was superb I used to spend more time planing and positioning my teams and their points of entry it was a ritual of mine. Oh man I shall search through my old disks, provided if it works on the bloody win8. :<

When Lockdown came out I was excited right up the moment I downloaded the demo, with a freaking 56kbps connection at that and I barely recognized the game, all it had in common with previous games was the title and some of the operatives like Chavez which was my favorite.

SWAT 4 was completely broken, it wasn't even fun.

Fucking ubi, I hated them for ruining Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six. I think we can agree that Rogue Spear was great, no? I used to play Rogue Spear on my PlayStation religiously and my brother used to mock me for it, keep telling me what is this crap u're playing.

#8 11 months ago