Zelda: Wind Waker HD hitting US on October 4

Wednesday, 28th August 2013 09:54 GMT By Dave Cook

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD will come to Wii U on October 4, the same day as it drops in Europe.

CVG cites Nintendo of America as confirming the date, marking a simultaneous launch with European territories.

It’s more than a visual touch-up of course, with new features including the harder ‘Hero Mode’ setting, as well as a new Tingle Bottle messaging system.

Will you be picking the game up at launch? Let us know below.

1. Sini

whoopi fucking do, the game is still a joke in hero mode as you have to not look at the screen for enemies to land a hit on you. No missing two dungeons added, only miiverse bottle crap and trying to fix how boring the overworld is by introducing a faster sail. All the while severely overcharging for this hd port.(yes, nintendo wants $59 for it)

#1 1 year ago
  2. Professor Zoom

Can’t wait to see it fail.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Cobra951

If I had the system, it would be a no-brainer. It alone won’t sell me the system, however. If a good *new* Zelda comes out for it, then I’d consider getting both games along with the console. Still, this should boost the popularity of the WiiU somewhat, particularly with kids who were too young (or not around) to play the original. I hope it succeeds.

#3 1 year ago
  4. dreamcastnews

@1+2 fuck off.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Professor Zoom

#3 That’s dumb, I definitely won’t buy a system just to play 1 or 2 games for a 2 week period. There have to be a minimum of 10 games that caters to my taste before I will buy a system, Nintendo is still failing to get that third party support and satisfaction of all the gamers that will give me a reason to buy their system, they don’t have that and have never had that, so I see much more reason to buy an X1 once it has enough games and more than the 360.

#5 1 year ago