Xbox One to launch after rumoured November 8 date – report

Wednesday, 28th August 2013 08:24 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One was rumoured to be launching on November 8, according to an alleged source close to retailer Walmart. Now, a source said to be close to Microsoft has spoken up to say that the console will drop after this date.

If you missed yesterday’s November 8 claims, go here.

Speaking with the originator of the rumour Kotaku, the source claims that the console will still launch in November, but to expect it after November 8. With PS4 coming out in North America on November 15, both machines seem to be launching in close proximity.

When do you think it’s coming out?

Via Gamespot.

1. Professor Zoom

Suck on that, ps3fanboy :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. loci

Microsoft lowers Xbox One shipment forecast for 2013, says paper.

“poor yield rates of the device’s camera module, optical disc drive (ODD) and related assembly”

Though I don’t think this will stop Microsoft rushing the release. Get as many orders as possible and worry about the RROD returns later.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Tech-N9ne

Guys, like you have issues. Making up sh*t to justify your choice of a console, very sad.

Whats does that have to the with RROD?

#3 1 year ago
  4. monkeygourmet

The broken console thing is a bit of a crap shoot.

I’ve had 2 x 360′s and 2 x Ps3′s…

Also, my Wii U launch model broke and I had to send that back.

The main test of a company is how they deal with broken consoles IMO. Ideally they wouldn’t break, but there’s always a chance they will.

So far, MS has had perfect customer service for me. Quick exchange, no extra cost and I got free Live and MS points on return of the console.

I had a complete fiasco dealing with the idiots on the Sony helpline, very poor customer service. Also, I sent them a PS2 compatible model, and they sent me back a PS3 with the feature disabled.

Bullshit.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lloytron

@2 Thats a deeply cynical view.

Reducing forecasts due to low yield rates of components and publicly announcing this potentially shows that they have increased their quality criteria and are acting accordingly in order to actively avoid RROD equivalents this time round.

Such announcements alert investors and analysts. Companies don’t do this lightly as this can impact stock prices and more.

#5 1 year ago
  6. orakaa

@5 : cynical you say? They did exactly this for the 360. Short memory, perhaps?

Anyway, both for the PS4 but even more for the Xbox One (given the RROD on 360), you’d be crazy to buy a console day one without some feedback after a few weeks/months of use.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Djoenz

AMEN brother. Finallly someone with sense here. People that pre order I have no words for them. Not to mention they go on the hype train and pre order the games already when reviews arent there yet. Who knows the games might be shit. Meh they’ll just trade it in…

#7 1 year ago
  8. darkshale

I for one love my first day with a new system. I love waiting in line with all the other nerds sharing stories and gamertags; I always meet the most interesting people.

I know their will be problems but after 3 decades I’ve gotten used to it. It doesn’t stop me from giggling like a 3 year old when I play those first new games.

I wish I could afford both at launch but since they are so close this time around one will have to wait. Here’s to choosing the one that works best for me(and all of you too). HUZZAH

#8 1 year ago
  9. MCTJim

I dont think the “leaked” document was real, but I can wish cant I?

#9 1 year ago
  10. xxJPRACERxx

I was going to get both but I’ll wait for the PS4 until inFamous, there’s no game I want right now. On X1 there’s Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse.

#10 1 year ago
  11. sebastien rivas

Well Nov 8 is not impossible.
    We know MS has the ressources to do whatever the hell they want .
    Although while @2 brought a point with RROD, I believe MS listened carefully during Xbox 360 and will NOT make the same mistake twice.
    For their own sake they know gamers by now and MS, Sony, or even Nintendo know you cannot come to gamers twice with the exact same issue unless the manufacturer wants to fail because they already know words and comments go faster than lightning and at this point the manufacturer would really suffer as a result; therefore I trully doubt it.

#11 1 year ago
  12. thesnowman

Well all I know is that it will be released before November 28 as that is Thanksgiving, they are going to make sure that it is released before black friday.

#12 1 year ago