Titanfall video interview: campaign multiplayer, balancing, lots of titans

Tuesday, 27th August 2013 18:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Titanfall made a big splash at gamescom last week, and VG247′s Sam Clay was able to speak with Respawn’s community manager Abbie Heppe who went over the finer points of campaign multiplayer, balancing, and everything you ever wanted to know about titans. Video is below.

Attendees where able to see the futuristic urban arena map of Angel City first-hand, as players take control over huge mechs and battle it out for their factions.

The gameplay focuses on agility, rapid movement and the ability to use jetpacks to fly around the levels, which also help out with wall-running and leaping.

Titanfall is the first game from Respsawn since it signed with EA and is scheduled to land on PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in early 2014.

1. skydivinggamer

will buy this for 360 and then get the PS4 version after it is announced!

#1 8 months ago
  2. Lounds

how is it an exclusive it’s going to PC as well. And I will play it on PC, were the founders of Respawn love to play. CoD was born on the PC after all.

#2 8 months ago
  3. _LarZen_

I’m drooling here….it looks so good. Probably super stressing to play with so much going on but it sure looks fun.

Personally I think MS have bought a 1year timed console exclusivity on Titanfall. But I think they are going to pay up to make it Xbox console exclusive for life after seeing how popular it has become. It even won the award for best next-gen game on Gamescom.

Of all games on that exhibition Titanfall was (in the judges opinion)the best next-gen game of them all…no PS4 game won any award at all…

Microsoft would be foolish not to cash in and make it Xbox console exclusive, it’s a system seller for sure.

#3 8 months ago
  4. MFBB

Î dont get they hype for Titanfall, its only COD with Mechs.

Destiny seems way more intresting because there is so much more than only death matches and co.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Maguire82

Sold! Cant wait to get my hands on this. As for PS4 I’m sure I read some where that Titanfall wouldn’t be possible with out the “power of the cloud”. So Sony had better get its cloud on lol

#5 8 months ago
  6. GrimRita

I just cant see what all the fuss is about. Its just another generic FPS.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Max Payne

I love how she is very enthusiastic and very natural unlike lot of PR’s.

#7 8 months ago
  8. _LarZen_

I think this is getting so much hype is because it brings back the “fun and crazy” back in a competitive fps game.

Crazy weapons, jumping with jet packs and big titans to battle with. In a time where everything has to be so “realistic” and with a modern warefare setting.

I think people are ready for some good old crazy fun again. Just like back in the days with Unreal Tournament and Quake.

#8 8 months ago
  9. Judicas

Campaign multiplayer? Didn’t they say there would be no campaign just multiplayer modes? If this does have a campaign after all ill be getting it.

#9 8 months ago
  10. Arcnail

@10 Its a campaign, built into the multiplayer.. they said there was no single player.

#10 8 months ago
  11. Henry

@6 @8

One more reason is there are so many things happening on the battlefield, a merit brought by dedicated servers, because there are more CPU resource to implement dozens of AI and autopilot titans, said Respawn.

#11 8 months ago
  12. redwood

titanfall… the game that is going to make me quit vg247 till the fucking game releases.

#12 8 months ago