Splinter Cell: Blacklist’s Steam version won’t launch in many territories – report

Monday, 26th August 2013 18:26 GMT By Sherif Saed

Some buyers of the Steam version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist are reportedly not able to launch the game.

Blacklist appears to be stuck in a “pre-load complete” state for some, meaning Steam has yet to decrypt the files for installation.

The problem appears to be affecting players in countries which include South Africa, Bermuda, Kuwait, Indonesia, Egypt, Israel, the Philippines, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Jordan, Cyprus and Serbia.

Gamers affected by the issue took to Reddit, the Steam forums and Ubisoft forums in an effort to get some help from the publisher.

A Ubisoft forum moderator has responded to the outcry saying, “I have reported this – however can everyone please contact both Steam support (as the retailer you should be contacting them) and Ubisoft support – so they are aware of the people affected. As soon as I have any news – one of the forum team will update you guys. I can only apologise for the delay – and hope it is resolved soon!”

Splinter Cell: Blacklist came out on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U on August 23 to good reviews.

Thanks, PCGamesN.

1. Osric

I hate this. As for me, I couldn’t ever buy Arkham City, Conviction, Street Fighter X Tekken…

#1 12 months ago
  2. DSB

That’s kinda interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it happen according to region, but I’ve had some issues with it in the past.

It was by far the worst with RAGE. First it would download, and not start, then it would patch and only be halfway playable.

That’s the weirdest fuck-up I’ve ever tried on Steam. No chance for a refund either. Totally crap.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Mazzei

Question: Does the Steam version needs uPlay?

If not, then im thinking very well about pre-ordering Watch Dogs.

#3 12 months ago
  4. GwynbleiddiuM

@3 I think it needs because there are items that you can purchase only through uPlay shop, which is retarded IMO.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Sherif Saed

You have to use Uplay either way, bought on Steam or otherwise.

#5 12 months ago
  6. ojinnvoltz

bummer for those folks that bought it and can’t play it. I pirated it, works fine (screw UPlay). but i do like it and want to play co-op, so i might actually pony up and get it as soon as it’s on sale on Steam.

#6 12 months ago