New Driveclub video shows direct-feed gameplay

Monday, 26th August 2013 20:59 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Evolution Studios has released some new footage for its upcoming PS4 exclusive racer, DriveClub. The video showcases direct gameplay footage of the racing title, which will be available on day one for PlayStation Plus members without a fee involved. The vehicles shown are the Maserati MC Stradale, Aston Martin Vanquish, RUF RT12 R and Mercedes SLS.

DriveClub launches on November 15th, which is the date the PlayStation 4 gets released in North America, while Europe will receive the title on November 29th. You can watch the footage after the break. Thanks, AGB.

1. SlayerGT

I’m down

#1 1 year ago
  2. _LarZen_

It look’s nice, but I think Forza 5 looks way better. And it’s running at 60fps..and it shows.

#2 1 year ago
  3. TrickyAudio

I think its the premise of the game that sells this – more of a social racer than theres ever been. Looking nice, can’t wait to have a go.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Templar_Dante

The lighting!Amazing!Real time and the clouds literally cast shadows. Look at the dashboard reflections on the windscreen.wow.just wow.
    Forza looks good… but, baked lighting, shadows etc. No day/night transition. No weather, Is Forza truly next gen? Or is it just a bumped up polygon Forza 4? Next gen is more than just polys. Even Titanfall proves this.

#4 1 year ago
  5. _LarZen_

Forza 5 has been awarded Best Racing Game and Titanfall awarded Best Next Generation, Console Game at Gamescom 2013.

So I have faith that both games will be truly worthy a next-gen label.

#5 1 year ago
  6. cozican2013

I hope you can drive around with your buddy’s in a non competitive format and check out each others cars and such other wise they might aswell call it race club

#6 1 year ago
  7. xxJPRACERxx

They could release this for PS3 and people would see no difference. Forza 5 destroys this gfx-wise.

#7 1 year ago
  8. ps3fanboy

it looks amazing and much better than that horrible forza game, for the tvbox that cant even run at 60 framerate.

#8 1 year ago
  9. FuntimeBen

YEAH, Forza may be 60fps, but Driveclub has ghost cars with big portraits posted on the back of each one. Suck it Forza!

@5 but seriously, the PS4 was also named “Best Hardware” at gamescom, so ya never know as we get closer to ship time.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Hcw87

That’s funny, Forza runs at 60 FPS, while this runs at 30.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

Laughs :) Oh wait? you serious? Lemme laugh even harder hahahehehe :P

At the moment.

#11 1 year ago
  12. TrickyAudio

But who says a Gran Turismo on PS4 wont run at 60fps?

It might be me, but Driveclub doesn’t seem to be all about visuals a la Forza and GT. It still looks great fun…

#12 1 year ago
  13. SlayerGT

@12 I hope so. It’s a launch title so I’m not expecting greatness. It should only hold me over till GT6. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I keep playing after that. We’ll see. Thinking of creating a VG247 club.

#13 1 year ago
  14. _LarZen_

@9 Yeah that’s true. And the build they are running at Gamescom is a Alpha version. So there could be that they can improve the code for retail.

And the video in this article had bad bitrate, if you find one on youtube with better quality it looks way better then this. But I still think Forza 5 looks better.

Regardless I am going to play them both as soon as I can :)

#14 1 year ago
  15. PS4FANB0Y

@8 – Make sure you get DriveClub 15FPS Limited Edition…

#15 1 year ago
  16. Riseer

Eh this already looks better then Forza 5.Oh and atm Forza 5 maybe running at 60fps but it’s still 720p.Also DC has made a huge leap graphically since E3.The course they shown in this Gamescom demo is a much more complex then any course shown in Forza so far.Show me one course in F5 with that much stuff going on.I am sorry but by the time DC hit’s it will be beyond F5.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Riseer

@5 I agreed back at E3,F5 looked miles better..now DC has the more detailed courses.The road textures in F5 look bad,the courses shown so far lack the detail DC has.F5 has one thing going for it…60fps that said Turn 10 had to keep certain objects scaled back to keep that 60fps.The environment’s in F5 don’t have as many objects on screen as DC does.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Riseer

@15…you really think DC will run at 15fps? such a moron.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Riseer

@5 Kotaku= MS moneyhat site.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Riseer

Oh i remember when everyone wowed at the fact Forza 5 had that dashboard reflective effect from the windshield…guess DC has it now.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Templar_Dante

RISEER, No need to say anything. Forza fanboys foam at the mouth at a new game, they dont spot the many faults I could name them. It still looks like a current gen game. Just another Forza, another Emperors New Clothes mentality. I dont see whats next gen about Titanfall or Forza 5. They both run on DX8 and DX9 game engines respectivly.

#21 1 year ago
  22. PS4FANB0Y

@18 – It was a joke retard. And try not to post a seperate comment for every thought that pops in your head. Five straight comments and two of those directed to #5! Ever heard of the EDIT button? lol

What a noob…

@21 – Forza 5 doesn’t look next gen, yet DriveClub does?

Hating on XB1 exclusives, how original.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Unknown_Gamer

@PS4FANB0Y Change your rip-off name Dickhead and stop trolling with that name , You don’t have the right to own that username while your job is to bash this system , Goosh too much irony in this Community !

#23 1 year ago
  24. PS4FANB0Y

@23 – How am I bashing the system? We are not all blind fanboys who do Sony’s bidding like yourself. Spineless fanboy…

#24 1 year ago