The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD bundle seemingly confirmed by pulled Hero Mode video

Saturday, 24th August 2013 14:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A new video for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD popped up overnight detailing not only the optional Hero Mode included in the game, but seemingly confirmation of the rumored Wind Waker bundle.

Unfortunately, the video was removed by Nintendo, with NeoGAF pointing out that the firm likely “pulled the trigger” on it too early.

However, the industrious folks over there pulled a nice screencap of it, and looking it over, you can see some gold filigree trim around the Wii U controller.

It’s rather lovely actually, but we’ll leave the rumor tag attached to this until Nintendo actually confirms the bundle – which probably won’t be a long wait.

The Wind Waker bundle is said to contain the 32GB Deluxe version of the console along with a copy of the game for $349.99.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will be out on Wii U on October 4 in Europe.

1. monkeygourmet

This is nice!

I’m getting this one though:

Famicom FTW! :)

#1 8 months ago
  2. Professor Zoom

Wii u is crap, that’s all that needs to be said…

#2 8 months ago
  3. PS4FANB0Y

@2 – The Sony Ouya is crap, that’s all that needs to be said…

#3 8 months ago
  4. polygem

@2: a windwaker remake that even looks better than the outstanding original, that runs supersmooth and with many more improvements. one of the greatest games ever made…now even advanced. pikmin, w101 out right now, by the end of this year mario 3d world and donkey kong, oh, watchdogs too. yeah, shit system indeed…sure.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

@Polygem
    You shouldn’t have fed the Nintendo hater :)

#5 8 months ago
  6. Professor Zoom

#4 So your big new game coming this fall is a Zelda remake is that all you’ve got? Where are your brand new franchises and exclusives? 20 exclusives are coming at X1 launch and 8 of which are brand new franchises, it’s no more clear, now when we’ve seen PS4 and X1, that the U will be another Virtual Boy and it has even no third party support? What is going to sell the console? You’re obviously gonna be having problems when 3 or 4 is all you can offer in a 5 year period.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Lengendaryboss

20 exclusives at Xbox One launch? Nope i don’t think so.

Wanna try again?

#7 8 months ago
  8. PS4FANB0Y

@6 – “it’s no more clear, now when we’ve seen PS4 and X1, that the U will be another Virtual Boy and it has even no third party support?”

You can’t get any clearer…

#8 8 months ago
  9. Professor Zoom

#7 Here you go: http://www.oxm.co.uk/51167/features/the-new-xbox-all-confirmed-xbox-one-games-in-one-place/?page=1

60 games, 20 of which are exclusives and if you include the 360 line up you’ll probably get up to a 100 games. That’s probably more than what Nintendo can do in 5 years.

#9 8 months ago
  10. game_on

Not all of those are launch titles.

edit: and the list isn’t even correct, Titanfall is not an Xbox One exclusive.

#10 8 months ago
  11. monkeygourmet

If you’re a lucky boy, you may get some of those games for Christmas! Make sure you share that link with mummy and daddy so they know which ones you want.

#11 8 months ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

You said launch? Not all of those are launch games nice try. Wanna go again?

But if i were to break it down some of those games are also available on PC/Xbox 360, so not all exclusives.

#12 8 months ago
  13. Professor Zoom

#10 Titanfall isn’t gonna be availble on any other next gen console and the majority are launch games, maybe expect Fable and Halo…

#13 8 months ago
  14. monkeygourmet

Maybe? Maybe?! You know there not launch games, stop playing dumb.

You don’t seem to read news before you comment. Halo isn’t put for a loooong time, neither is Fable.

#14 8 months ago
  15. Lengendaryboss

Thats the not the definition of exclusive. Wanna try again?

Oh so gone from 20 exclusives at launch to the majority, thinking maybe Fable and Halo ain’t coming at launch. They are both coming in 2014 along with Titanfall.

#15 8 months ago
  16. Professor Zoom

I think Nintendo will have to struggle this fall in order to sell more consoles than Sony or Microsoft, their prices are too high, they’re losing third party support, they’re not selling any consoles, they keep delaying their games, and the console has outdated hardware and long term milked franchises. I think 20 million at the most, is the amount of U’s they’ve sold by the end of the next gen.

#16 8 months ago
  17. polygem

@prof. look at the day one launch games and then compare to the fall/winter wiiu games.

nintendo isn’t really about new ip’s man (i believe we’ll see a few new ones soon though). i just watched the nvc on ign, someone there brought up a main difference between japanese and western game development. if a western dev has a unique idea they try to make a new ip out of it (or instantly scrach it if it’s tooo unique), while japanese devs try to implement the idea into an existing franchise…ghost mansion and flashlight, hey luigi is the man for that. you know, stuff like that. that’s what so many people ignore about nintendo if they scream for new ip’s. it’s about fresh ideas implemented into existing franchises.

i will list you some of the wiiu fall,/winter games now anway: pikmin, wonderful 101, windwaker hd, donkey kong tropical, splinter cell, mario 3d world, watchdogs, cod ghosts, sonic lost world, asscreed xyz, rayman legends, adventure time, how to survive, scribblenauts, castle of illusion, batman arkham origins aaaand barbie dreamhouse party + more.

shit line up???
    then look at x1 and ps4 please.

#17 8 months ago
  18. monkeygourmet

That may be true, people want new Sony & MS consoles. Doesn’t mean the games on those systems are going to be better than the Wii U’s offerings.

Wii U has Many exclusives and many coming in 2014:

Mario 3D World
    Windwaker HD
    Bayonetta 2
    Fire Emblem Xover
    Mariokart 8
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

That’s 17 exclusives, many already out or out in the coming months. I’m sure many more will be revealed over the next quarter.

I’m getting an Xbone & PS4, but saying there isn’t any new or exciting games on Wii U is just plain wrong.

#18 8 months ago
  19. beast313

I don’t see what the problem is. It’s not just a straight port of the original. HD res and new modes adds to the value of the game. Way to tide fans over, til the next game is ready.

#19 8 months ago
  20. polygem

mg, have you decided about getting ps4 or x1 first?

i am on the f*&$k it train atm, thinking about picking up the x1 only because i prefer the look of the controller, i like the interface more, pvz garden cod looks ace and also the package looks better:)
    hope they don’t ruin it with stupid fifa logos all over it.

#20 8 months ago
  21. polygem

@19. exactly.

it is a freaking must play game. it’s so good. younger gamers or people who missed out on it will love it. now, with the changes they made, i don’t think it is possible not to enjoy this game.

there’s also a 3ds zelda coming out in nov.

a new zelda we’ll see next winter the earliest.

#21 8 months ago
  22. monkeygourmet

My girlfriend is getting the X1, I’ll sign in on her machine until there is enough co-op stuff out the justifies me getting one too. We played alot of Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, gears, Halo, that type of stuff.

I’m going for the PS4 & I’m still building my PC! O_o had car / dentist bills to pay and it sucked up all my Rig money! Still, once I get all that lot sorted, well be set for next gen and exclusives on any of the systems! :)

Gaming has always been a huge part of my life, so I don’t mind spending a bit on it! These consoles will be around for 10 years so its pretty good value IMO.

As for the PC side of things, I really can’t wait to play some games I’ve missed with crazy high graphics settings, and Oculus Rift in the future, that thing looks crazy!

Wii U is killing it for me at the moment. I’m loving Miiverse, Pikmin and Wonderful 101 are just great, and there are some real gems on the Horizon. Great console! I think it’s going to surprise many people too with its power. Games are looking pretty damn good on it now, it’s weird, they have a very distinct look compared to 360 / PS3. Seems like they can go crazy with special effects and depth of field.

#22 8 months ago
  23. polygem

yep enjoying mine too.

pikmin looks really amazing. bosses and animations, it’s just beautiful.

btw, while playing pikmin, it was the first time i thought, damn, i wish i took monkeys advice: go for a bigger screen than 32. for my setup it really works well but i imagine pikmin and w101 are games that are truly better on a bigger screen. well…

i am not feeling ps4 yet, the more i look into it. i hated everything about the one reveal, everything…but i think it doesn’t really matter what i will buy anyway. enjoyed the 360 so much more, might just keep going with the xbox brand.

will look into pc a bit more too.

will stop derailing this. let’s talk zelda.

#23 8 months ago
  24. monkeygourmet

Speaking of Zelda. I absolutely LOVED the control of Skyward Sword using the motion plus. I know it wasn’t to everyone’s tastes but the sword combat took on a surprisingly ‘tactical’ nature.

Having to slice and parry made each little encounter unique and fun IMO. As much as I like the Wii U pad, I can’t imagine going back to ‘normal’ controls.

Maybe this is why they are re releasing Windwaker to reprogram us into using boring old ‘standard’ controls again?! :)

Same goes for Pikmin, man, that game plays like a dream with the Wiimote Plus and Nunchuk, absolutely nails the control!

Also, LOL about the TV! :) I had the same thing, I have gone from 32 to 37 to 46. Every time, I’ve always thought the newer set was too big, then after a month or so you get used to it! :)

#24 8 months ago
  25. Funkatronis

No halo, quantum break, titanfall, sunset overdrive @ launch. Project spark beta doesn’t come out till sometime in January

Ghost will be more successful on 360 as x1 won’t have the built numbers yet

Look IDC who wins the console war because ill have all three and the PC so the competition does nothing but help gamers and push for better games.

As a business major I understand brand loyalty but find it weird yet fascinating when displayed on fan boyish….. Remember folks we are nothing mire than a steady streaming income to them, for this reason Microsoft flipped all the switches…. Nintendo will so the same and when all is said and done well all be happy with what we bought… Besides there are more important things on the world to argue about such as nosy govt

#25 8 months ago
  26. zinc

@Poly, Lol, your the epitome of the gutless gamer :D

How many times have you ranted on this very site about how crap the xbox experience is now?

How you hated what the X1 represented? But a couple of u-turns & a couple of nice games & all is forgiven?

Wuss :p

#26 8 months ago
  27. polygem

i still think like that. only u-turn: i think it doesn’t matter what i will buy anyway, the 4 wont be better, the 1 wont be better. team sony; they aren’t the nice guys either. i do not feel ANY of the launch games. i can unplug the kinect now, i believe i will enjoy the x1 controller more. i don’t know man, the next gen, who cares? are you excited about it? i am not yet. i will buy a new machine to play some new games on it. we will have these damn ads, sub fees, franchise milking etc. etc. anyway on all the consoles. in that case i can go with the biggest and meanest mofos, it just does not matter.

#27 8 months ago
  28. Telepathic.Geometry

What is all this fucking troll feeding bullshit? C’mon guys…

Anyway, when I saw this I thought that it might be a very shrewd move on Ninty’s part if they released the 32GB Wii U with this in it for free as a way of giving a price cut that doesn’t hurt too much and draws in on the fence bastards like me.

I don’t wanna buy full price for Wii U, it’s old tech.
    I don’t wanna buy Wind Waker again, I own it, it’s on my shelf.

But in this way, psychologically you feel like you’re not being hoodwinked into rebuying something you already own because Ninty artificially removed GC BC, and you feel like you’re getting an awful lot out of the box on day one.

Good move if that’s how they do it, although I guess that the bundle will actually be more expensive… No?

#28 8 months ago
  29. polygem

i think it will have the regular price…at least i hope so!
    prices are down already though. i bought my basic one for 199€, at a regular big chain electronics retailer. i hooked a 2tb hdd to it now after having problems with the first one. it was 70euro. i had wiimote, nunchuk, sensorbar still here. i still feel it was a great deal. the deluxe version was 309€.
    tg, you will have a hard time :)
    there are some good games coming to the system now. i think it’s totally worth it. i rebought that thing.
    yeah, it might be older tech but you get a pad with it. i use it daily for the internet. i am writing this here with it now. it’s fun to use. 360′s and ps3′s are 200+euros as well. without a pad and without miiverse and without nintendo games ;)
    we must have a mk8 vg247 night when that game is out…and smash bros.

#29 8 months ago
  30. Telepathic.Geometry

@poly: I really am constantly waging a psychological war with my common sense every time I see one. When Pikmin came out I was very VERY close to impulse buying the bastard there and then.

But my common sense prevailed. I really want one, because Nintendoland, Mario, Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and Zombie U really seem like they’d hit the spot. There’s no denying that Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze will deliver the goods either. I love Returns to death…

It’s just the GC BC man. I hate being that guy that moans and bitches all the time, but if they had just included CG BC with the console, I’d already have one, and fuck the price. Because that’s not there, it means I have to keep the Wii, and that means that the Wii BC in the Wii U is meaningless, and I’d have three consoles under the TV, and the value proposition drops significantly for me…

#30 8 months ago
  31. Professor Zoom

#18 There isn’t anything new or exciting coming to the U seriously. If you like your U so much, why don’t you stick with that? I don’t think I could afford or have place to have 3 or 4 consoles in my home and simultaneously play on them all. What the U could sell in 3 months is 8 times lesser than the amount of PS4 preorders in 2 months and most of those games you’ve writtten are already out and the other half are out after the console being out after half a year on the market, and most of those are crap and will probably sell bad, so you’d have to try better than that. The X1 will probably have a minimum of 25 exclusives and a 100 additional games after that time on the market. Game and Wario and Wonderful 101? Are you phucking serious? Game and wario have a rank of poor 60 on metacritic and 101 has a rank of 79 and was rated one of the worst games at the E3 awards. Windwaker, DK country, Wii fit U, are shitty remakes and they even charge full price, Microsoft and Sony are rarely doing that and Beyond Good and Evil, Silent Hill HD and Resident Evil 4 HD which were all masterpieces were all charged lower prices for and the rest you listed are mostly long term milked games.

#31 8 months ago
  32. polygem

@prof. well, play your games then and have fun. you know a quality game when you see one. i bet.

@tg. i hear you but i think it’s great that the wiiu has wii bc. like you said, the wii had gc bc. i think that’s fair.
    i sold my whole gc collection a while ago though. i do not like having all that stuff lying around, most of the time unused. i made several attempts to collect different games, always gave up. not worth it imo. but that’s me. cannot wait for a FAIR transition to digital.

i really HATE HATE HATE having several consoles hooked to the telly, plus computer etc. too.
    wired madness. ughh…
    in a perfect world i’d buy one box and then buy a sony chip, a ms chip, a nintendo chip for it, plug that in and use those brand’s services all through the cloud and via one single box. (but fair conditions please)

i think i wont go full blown multiplat nextgen.
    will probably really go for wiiu, 3ds and either X1 OR PS4. then that’s it.

wiiu is fun. really is. it has an old school vibe to it but still feels very modern. i enjoy it more than the rest of the bunch, but yeah, just rebought one, feels fresh and all.
    enjoyed it the first time i had one as well but i thought it lacked games (well, look at the part about several consoles and wires. that was the main reason that made me sell it actually but this was my biggest regret in my recent game/trade in history and i also sold demons souls phantom edition, metroid triology, reach limited edition, halo 2, 3 limited, lots of ds games too that are pretty rare and A LOT of gc gems and other games).
    felt great actually to clear the ship.

well the games are definitely coming to wiiu now.
    take your time.

#32 8 months ago
  33. European

the legend of failda : the kid maker
    PC gamers are beggars which are still begging for RDR and GTA5

#33 8 months ago
  34. Telepathic.Geometry

@poly: Woah man, some of my all-time favs are GC games. You’d have to pry my copy of Metroid Prime, Pikmin 2 and Thousand Year Door from my cold dead hands. :D

Yeah, I will say now straight up, even if I had to buy a new wireless GC controller for the Wii U, and pay a few extra bucks for a CG compatible Wii U, I’d do it. I just don’t wanna be hoodwinked into buying them all over again in HD. I’m just intractable on that point…

Still, I can’t imagine a world where I don’t play pikmin 3 ever, or where I haven’t played the latest Zelda or 3D Mario game, I just can’t. It’s only a matter of time before I join your ranks poly. On that day, “yoroshiku!”

#34 8 months ago
  35. polygem

#35 8 months ago
  36. Professor Zoom

This is the launch line up for Xbox One, it’s the best launch line up in console history, and it’s better games, than the U can get in half a year:

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
    Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
    Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
    Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
    FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
    Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
    Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
    Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
    Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
    Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
    Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
    NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
    NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
    Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
    Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
    Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
    Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
    Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
    Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
    Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
    Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

This was the launch line up for the U:

Rabbids® Land Sports Connection™ – Nov. 18
    TRANSFORMERS PRIME™ – Nov. 18
    Wipeout 3 – Nov. 18
    Skylanders Giants™ – Nov. 18
    Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – Nov. 18
    EA SPORTS™ FIFA Soccer 13 – Nov. 18
    TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT™ 2 Wii U Edition – Nov. 18

The vast majority of the games available for the Wii U on day one will be ports of games already available on existing systems. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is by far the most important of these, marking a true HD port of the game on a Nintendo system, but the Wii U version will necessarily be coming five days after the system hits PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 13. (UPDATE: the original article incorrectly stated that Call of Duty had been absent from the Wii in recent years)

While it’s heartening to see enhanced versions of games like Batman: Arkham City, Assassin’s Creed III, Disney Epic Mickey 2, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 rounding out the Wii U launch lineup, it’s hard to see any of these titles being the “killer app” that convinces consumers to upgrade from a current HD system. Other ports of older games, like Mass Effect 3 and Madden NFL 13, will be even older by the time they arrive.

While the size of Wii U launch line-up is certainly impressive enough on paper, there doesn’t seem to be many of the kind of exclusive, must-have titles that really highlight the system’s strengths. Convincing consumers to plunk down hundreds of dollars on new hardware for this set of titles seems like it will be an uphill battle.

#36 8 months ago
  37. game_on

@prof zoom
    Rabbids® Land Sports Connection™ are 2 games.

#37 8 months ago
  38. polygem

i didn’t know we were comparing launch line ups. we are comparing the fall/ winter line up.

i am not interested in one of the launch games for the xbox one. maybe crimson dragon but previews didn’t sound to good. other than that one. not one. true story. such a boring and lazy play it save line up. if you think it’s the best launch line up in history. fine, but i could not disagree more.
    nah, scratch that, it’s not fine. i cannot take you serious about that. it’s a shit launch line up through and through.

you know what’s funny, might pick up a xone anyway at launch, plus a copy of ryse and crimson dragons…to be able to have an opinion about the quality of the games. btw, do you own a wiiu, i mean because you know it’s crap.

#38 8 months ago
  39. dreamcastnews

Is it the same guy who keeps trying to justify how big his gaming cock is with Xbox One vs Wii U? These trolls all seem to merge into one for me, I don’t really care who they are or to be honest what message they bring – I don’t understand if they are trying to impress us or…? This is a Nintendo thread…. Maybe a wrong turn somewhere?

Personally, Sonic is super-high on my watch list.

#39 8 months ago
  40. Digital Bamboo

Some truly great and future multi-million selling games on there, but those 2-2.5D platformers (Mario, Luigi, DK) do look kind of blasé and uninspired after Rayman Origins.

It’s honestly one of the most joyously crafted games I’ve ever played, and I think it really raised the bar as far as console platformers go.

I hope I’m wrong, that those were just some poor footage choices, but right now, it looks as though Mario & DK are going to be surpassed by Sonic & Rayman on Nintendo’s own system. Kind of sad.

#40 8 months ago
  41. polygem

i hear you db, but i feel different about it. while i enjoyed rayman, i did not fall in love with it. didn’t even finish it. donkey kong country returns on the other hand is a game that i truly love. i play through it again on the 3ds atm. i am also looking forward to the new yoshi island game (one of my all time favourite games) for 3ds and the one for wiiu as well.
    i am not too tempted to pick up rayman when it launches in a few days strangely, somehow, it doesn’t really click with me. can’t say what it is. it’s a great game, no question.

#41 8 months ago
  42. viralshag

Of all the games shown, some of the classic Mario and DK games look too similar and not that interesting.

#42 8 months ago
  43. RaiW5

I think the Wind Waker bundle will definitely interest players who have played legend of Zelda before but just never played it. Back when WW came out for GC gamers didn’t want to play because of the toonish graphics. But now that it is for Wii U they might say, hey that’s the game I never bought. Maybe I should try it?

#43 8 months ago
  44. RaiW5

I think Wii U is actually worth the money no matter what others say. They just don’t have much software and at E3 they didn’t showcase many New Titles.

#44 8 months ago
  45. Telepathic.Geometry

@DigitalBamboo: Yeah man, if I look at Kirby’s Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Returns, Braid, Limbo, Rayman Origins… The new Mario games look spartan by comparison.

One of the things I used to love about Mario games was that they had a level of inventiveness and a sheer embarrassment of riches in the imagination department that could not be matched by anyone else…

Then the New Mario series turned up, and I thought “they’ve done it again, multi-player and a few new suits, and back to old school 2D Mario”, but the multi-player also holds back the single-player level design methinks. The next Mario Wii U with the catsuit seems to be designed around multi as well, and that worries me a bit, as I play solo for the most part…

#45 8 months ago
  46. Telepathic.Geometry

@RaiW5: “Back when WW came out for GC gamers didnt want to play because of the toonish graphics. But now that it is for Wii U they might say, hey that’s the game I never bought. Maybe I should try it?” – I’d love if this were the case, I never considered this scenario.

#46 8 months ago