Killer Instinct’s original announcer will return

Friday, 23rd August 2013 09:54 GMT By Dave Owen

A few new details have emerged about Microsoft’s Killer Instinct reboot, chiefly that original announcer Chris Sutherland will be an option in the game.

Destructoid reports that during a Twitch stream of the game Microsoft creative director Adam Isgreen and producer Torin Rettig announced that players will be able to select Chris Sutherland’s voice over the new announcer if they wish. The game will include all the new dialogue recorded in his voice, as well as his original lines.

They also revealed that classic costumes will be available. No further details were offered, but given the game’s model they’ll likely be DLC.

Lastly it was strongly hinted that music from the original Killer Instinct games will feature in some capacity. “For most of you who really love KI 1 and 2, the music of KI 1 and 2, we’ve got you covered.”

These details follow on from Double Helix being very keen to take on fan feedback about the game. Killer Instinct is an Xbox One launch exclusive.

1. VibraniumSpork

“Players will be able to select Chris Sutherland’s voice over the new announcer if they wish.” – and it’ll only cost an additional £9.99. Bargain! ( http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/troll.gif )

#1 1 year ago
  2. Pytox

I guess you have to pay for him?
    That is beyond ridicilous

#2 1 year ago
  3. Major Mayhem 70

Can’t wait to play it.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Doppleganger

OMG YES!
    I actually had the chance to play the game last night and I really LOVED it. They actually did a GREAT job on the game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. VibraniumSpork

@4 Need more intel! Was it comparable to any existing fighters (apart from the original KI, natch)?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Armitage Shanks

It looks like they have done a great job with it and its nice to put aside my original cynicism,but i guess wont know for sure until its out,but yeah i imagine none of these extras like costumes and original announcer/music will come with the game and have to be bought as extra,i wonder if even the original KI comes with it for free? maybe they will have all the extras costumes etc with some kind of ultimate edition.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Doppleganger

@5 I guess Ill have to compare it to Street Fighter 4 the most. Oh and the game is fast and lots of detail that not at one point could I glance at mine or my opponents health bar. But Im pretty sure its cause you play 2 feet away from a 47′ screen. LOL
    Chief Thunder was playable but I ended up picking Jago as Im sure he was the safest character to play as.
    Each character had I believe 4 colours to choose from as well.

#7 1 year ago