Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD remaster video shows off new arranged battle music

Friday, 23rd August 2013 12:15 GMT By Dave Owen

It isn’t just the visuals of Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 that are getting a makeover for the upcoming HD remaster. There’s a bunch of newly arranged music, and a new video directly compares old vs. new. It’s quite a difference.

The video gives you a solid earful of the change in music. It’s immediately obvious that it isn’t a small change. The new arrangement sounds instantly fresh compared to the original. The video also shows off the new HD visuals, which are looking very nice indeed.

Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD is due for release this year on PS3 and Vita.

Thanks, AGB.

1. Ireland Michael

Acoustically, its far superior, but as a battle piece, its way too elaborate. I find it distracting from the combat itself.

#1 8 months ago
  2. silkvg247

ok I will be buying it :/

#2 8 months ago
  3. 2-D

Most people who are getting this (including me, got my preorder in) want to re-experience one of their most beloved games. Changing it kind of ruins that a bit.

Don’t much appreciate that electric guitar they added to it. OH WELL! Maybe they’ll give you an option for old music.

#3 8 months ago
  4. FragileSurface

Is it true that it will be released this year as the article suggests? I haven’t heard anything about it.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Really? “Excited much? The game’s currently slated for launch this year, and will be available for PS3 and PS Vita. We’ll have more soon, so keep checking back!”

#5 8 months ago
  6. FragileSurface

Until a release date is confirmed, I’m not going to get my hopes up. The language in that quote makes me a little skeptical, especially given how fickle the gaming industry can be. I was simply looking for something a little more set in stone.

#6 8 months ago
  7. ff046a2e

I can’t wait for the Original Soundtrack to be released.

#7 8 months ago