Sony president Andrew House “surprised” over initial Xbox One policies, confident about dual console launch

Thursday, 22nd August 2013 16:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony worldwide president Andrew House has said he is confident PlayStation 4 will holds its own in a market where two new consoles will be vying for consumer attention this holiday season.

Speaking with The Guardian, House said such rivalry is a “huge benefit for the industry,” as a whole because choice, is a “good thing.”

“At the risk of sounding over-optimistic, I think there is a huge benefit for the industry overall in having two platforms launch very close together,” he said. “It creates a large focus on our form of entertainment that wouldn’t exist unless there were these two powerful organisations, both playing in the same space.

“I think it’s already happening in that there’s so much strong interest, so much excitement and demand. Competition is a good thing for this industry, offering choice is a good thing. These are all positives.”

House also touched upon the perceived jabs he made at Microsoft and its Xbox One console during Sony’s gamescom press conference earlier this week.

According to House, his comments weren’t meant to be an actual dig at the company, but to drive home Sony’s “very clear and defined,” goals with its PS4 console. He said he was actually surprised at both Microsoft’s earlier message with Xbox One, and its policy reversals not two months later.

“We constructed our E3 presentation because there was somehow a suspicion that the policies and approaches taken by our competition would create an industry trend in that direction,” he said. “The reason we made such a strong statement at E3, and continue to do so, is because we were surprised by that.

“As I said in my presentation last night, we have some very clear and defined goals about what we want this next generation of gaming to be, and what a new platform should deliver; we feel right now that we’re on track to deliver that.”

PS4 will release in North America on November 15 and in Europe and Australia November 29.

Microsoft has not set a date for Xbox One beyond the estimated November launch window.

1. Lengendaryboss

#1 11 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

Classy stuff.

#2 11 months ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

Anyone else miss PS3fanboy? He’d have been doing verbal somersaults right about now *solitary tear rolls down cheek*

#3 11 months ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

Miss?

These are two of my reactions:

#4 11 months ago
  5. VibraniumSpork

@4 Haha ;D

#5 11 months ago
  6. bitsnark

I would be confident about a dual console launch too if I was strolling into *nineteen* territories unopposed :)

#6 11 months ago
  7. Unknown_Gamer

Look how delusional some people here in vg247 , Just Check the comments here in your face delusionals

#7 11 months ago
  8. Hirmetrium

I gotta say, this is an awesome, balanced and really respectful stance to take, and I’ve gotta say I like Andrew that bit more for phasing it this way.

Competition IS good, especially for us. Microsoft’s policy changes are confusing, are worrying (they could easily u-turn again) but they are in our best interests. The competition between Sony and Xbox will ultimately benefit us.

But, it’s also important to remember it’s already put one negative down – PS+ for multiplayer. Sony have only done this to remain competitive with Microsoft.

I do look forward to Sony continuing to smack Microsoft around a bit – who knows, maybe we’ll get controllers with charge packs as standard. One day.

#8 11 months ago
  9. bradk825

I like that they stuck to their original message, but he’s being a little full of shit about the things he has said, probably because he’s been called out on it from a few sources. I do wonder why they couldn’t just sell their product based on their product instead of resorting to political-style negativity. I don’t think I’ve heard any anti-Sony messaging from the MS camp (By that I mean people who work for MS, not fanboys)

The “this is how you trade games” commercial wasn’t intended as a dig?
    Lying on TV about being the “only console that allows you to trade games” was just out of surprise?

Yes, they sided with those who like the status quo, and for those people they should get some praise for that, I’m not arguing that at all. But as a customer I don’t appreciate being marketed to in the fashion they chose. Tell me what you’re going to offer me that’s worth buying and stick to that.

#9 11 months ago
  10. ysleiro

@#7

Who gives a shit what another person thinks??

If the game you want is on “a” or “b” console you get “a” or “b” console.

Stop being a child. Who gives a flying “you know what” what you think?

What matters is GAMES and Services.

#10 11 months ago
  11. fearmonkey

I hated Sony because of the things that Kutagai and Hirai said during the original Xbox and Xbox 360 launch days, their arrogance was unbelievable.

I hoped to see Xbox 360 trounce Sony’s PS3 and it did that (at least in the states) and Sony ate Humble Pie. I was afraid that MS was becoming arrogant as the 360′s superiority went on and sure enough, MS proved me right.

What I did not expect is just how arrogant they actually were, that they could do whatever they wanted and we would just suck it up and follow along. I was very pleased to see Sony not follow the same route, and even more pleased to see gamers get upset and actually stick it to MS.

So, MS backtracked and did what we mostly wanted in the first place, but not without damaging their brand and shaking the loyalty of Xbox owners who planned to buy the next Xbox day one (like myself)

Long time Xbox fans are now buying a PS4 to reward Sony for not following the same route, even though they didnt like them in the past. Thats a huge reversal and it gives Sony an edge that they wouldnt have had before, all because MS was being MS.

They dont listen, they dont care about their consumers, they care about what they want and their bottom line (as does Sony), and nothing has changed. They were forced to make concessions and thats not the same as listening. So, for now, I am in the Sony camp first for the next gen, hopefully Sony doesnt screw it up! We can only hope MS learned some valuable lessons and grow from this.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Joe Musashi

@9 You haven’t heard that sort of thing from the MS camp??
    Really?

Misleading? Why not look at Microsofts Xbox One site to see them talk about their exclusives which their page implicitly suggests include:

Titanfall
    Destiny
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Battlefield 4
    Watch_Dogs

No company is innocent of exaggerating their advantages at the expense of the competition or of making comparisons that show themselves in a favourable light.

To declare Microsoft have been a picture of innocence and civility since this ball started rolling is a statement borne of, possibly wilful, ignorance.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Professor Zoom

Well, in terms of software and exclusive agreements, Sony are far behind Microsoft, and software, that’s what tells me which console to buy, and Sony haven’t got the software at all, then I’d rather pay the extra 50$ to get the X1 instead, but I’d wait 4 or 5 years till those consoles truly have something to play, cos as it looks like right now the games to play on those consoles doesn’t look much different from last generation.

#13 11 months ago
  14. Professor Zoom

#1 Quit posting your constantly stupid and annoying pictures every second an article gets posted. Jesus christ you’re nothing but a spammer on this website.

#14 11 months ago
  15. monkeygourmet

They either needed new material or concentrate on showing stuff. They just looked a little lost and desperate.

#15 11 months ago
  16. Professor Zoom

#11 You’re an idiot. Give Microsoft a break, they listned to costumers, they equated the kinect, they made a controller based on what costumers want, they removed all download, they removed always online, and they removed region locked games, what more are you asking for? Microsoft are working hard and are sweating to get exclusive games and content, please get lost if you don’t like what they’re offering. Next gen haven’t even started, when it has, then wait and see what happens, at least 99% of the consumers are waiting till the consoles are out, till they’ve got more games and cheaper prices, before they consider to buy the consoles, then you’ll see which console that will dominitate. I hope the One will destroy the Failstation once and for all.

#16 11 months ago
  17. Joe Musashi

Churning out game announce after game announce in succession, announcing price cuts, deals, promotions, partnerships and incentives = lost and desperate?

Not needing to change policies because the current ones have been met with overwhelming consumer approval = lost and desperate?

I’m looking forward to all the companies being as lost and desperate as this.

#17 11 months ago
  18. Clupula

I’m always amused by grown men who use terms like “Failstation.” It really screams to a certain level of intellectual evolution and maturity.

#18 11 months ago
  19. monkeygourmet

Sorry I forgot the ‘IMO’ qualifier again.

Fucking hell your like a dog with a bone!

Lost and desperate IMO. I won’t bother editing it. I loved the name calling and shit storm that was E3, Sony took a well deserved victory and stuck it to a company that looked increasingly out of touch.

The announcements at Gamescom from my perspective, were safe and boring. MS has been increasingly ‘on the attack’ and has a very strong line up on launch, again IMO.

Sony didn’t step up considering it had conference time the announcements were things that are generally available else where.

Too much backslapping and focus on a situation that has now changed, again IMO.

#19 11 months ago
  20. Joe Musashi

“Fucking hell your like a dog with a bone!”

Unnecessary. You really don’t seem to be able to do debate without throwing out a snide remark when asked to quantify what you say because IMO it doesn’t appear to add up or have real-world substance.

Just a pointer about the “IMO Clause” : if I said “IMO dogs are trifles” doesn’t actually mean they are. If I went around projecting my opinion as a tool for peddling unsubstantiated nonsense. Well, I doubt anyone would see much worth in it.

“That are generally available else where.”

Such as? Just like your “begging” statement elsewhere – you throw out a lot of criticsm that seems to have little real-world substance to it.

In what way are the plethora of announcements of games launching on Vita, PS3 or PS4 platforms “generally available elsewhere”? Such as??

The PS3 > PS4 transition incentives – “generally available elsewhere”? Where, exactly?

The partnerships with ISPs – “generally available elsewhere”? For example??

The additional offers on subscription services extending across generation platforms – such as making discounts of a next-gen version of a current-gen purchase – “generally available elsewhere”? Show me, please.

What are these “lost and desperate” actions of the conference that I clearly missed? What are all these other things that are “generally available elsewhere”?

I’d genuinely be interested to know, because I clearly must have missed all that stuff.

#20 11 months ago
  21. Lengendaryboss

#Deal with it.

:P

#21 11 months ago
  22. Clupula

@21 – You missed a golden opportunity to respond to him with a gif.

#22 11 months ago
  23. Lengendaryboss

^It was a golden opportunity, but the three short words should be enough for me. Maybe next time.

#23 11 months ago
  24. monkeygourmet

Borderlands 2. (Which will be lucky to land 2014)

Lots of Indie titles that will be available else where.

MS has similar incentives for 360 owners.

Of course many people will be over joyed at some of these, but as a PS3, Vita and eventual PS4 owner, this did not impress me. There were many people expressing similar complaints on the show, especially after a strong E3 showing and with MS breathing down their necks.

I hope that explains my thought process adequately for you.

As for my ‘snide’ or ‘insulting’ remarks, are you really surprised?

When you tend to ignore whole paragraph’s or sentences then decide to pick on something someone may not have explained adequately enough for your liking, it’s very annoying.

Before the desperate & lost comment, I also wrote:

“I think the thing is knowing when to quit while your ahead with some statements / jokes.

Sony didn’t really need to bother with that at Gamescom, it just came across as lame. The stuff at E3 was funny as it had Ms on the ropes.”

I hope my explanation for ‘lost & desperate’ coupled with the above statement helps you understand my position, although its obvious you don’t agree with it.

#24 11 months ago
  25. Joe Musashi

So, so far, you’ve mentioned one specific thing: Borderlands 2. And guessed at a date, though it’s unclear what relevance that has to your argument.

“Lots of Indie titles that will be available else where.”
    Such as?

“MS has similar incentives for 360 owners.”
    Such as?

“So, when I say ‘lost’, I mean; not being able to move there E3 show onto the next level. It was more of the same to me.”
    Then ‘lost’ is the wrong word.

“And when I say ‘desperate’; I mean, having to resort to tactics you have already used and most people have moved on from.”
    Such as?

“I hope that explains my thought process adequately for you.”
    Not really, no.

“As for my ‘snide’ or ‘insulting’ remarks, are you really surprised?”
    Not really, no. Just constantly disappointed that you feel that tone is acceptable or constructive.

But throwing out persistent generalisms, melodramatic phrases and unsubstantiated, ambiguous, nebulous ‘points’ is going to prompt any interested party to seek clarification on them. I’m sure you would prefer me to accept these vapourous statements as valid, concrete arguments without question but I’ve learned that gamers can often embellish and distort.

Why is it so bothersome when someone takes an interest in what you say and seeks clarification? Why do you feel it’s appropriate to respond to that interest in a dismissive and derrogatory manner? Do you not think that might be doing more harm than good with such responses?

But I do appreciate you clarifying – as you’ve no obligation to.

Please regard all my questions above as rhetorical.

#25 11 months ago
  26. polygem

just leave it there mg, just leave the guy alone…it will never end.

#26 11 months ago
  27. zinc

Mr House has a very good point though. The rivalry generating a buzz…

It would not surprise me in the least if it was all as staged as a WWF match.

“Stone Cold Sony has called out The One!!”

#27 11 months ago
  28. monkeygourmet

#28 11 months ago
  29. Joe Musashi

So you object to people seeking clarification on ambiguous claims, but still simply can’t resist at making at another unhelpful response.

Given how much you like to express yourself, I’d like to take you seriously. Needlessly confrontational behaviour and uncooperative responses make that an unattainable goal.

#29 11 months ago
  30. Lengendaryboss

Hm? I thought this was over.

#30 11 months ago
  31. bradk825

@12 so I went to the MS Xbox one page and can not find any list of exclusives with false info like you claimed would be there. Strike one.

I never used the word “innocent” in my whole post. Strike two.

Finally, no, I haven’t heard any lies about Sony from MS, nor have I heard digs about their lackluster network. That is not to say it’s never happened, but if it has, I haven’t heard it. From the very first annoucement of XB1 all communication I’ve seen from them has been focused on Xb1. Although you clearly questioned this in a “are you a moron” sort of fashion, you provided no examples. Strike 3.

Given the 3 strikes, I now disregard your thoughts and write you off as any other trolling, fanboy prick with nothing better to do than rip into other people over their opinions. The wording of my post was quite fair toward Sony considering they way they have behaved, which I consider unacceptable, and there was no reason for you to react the way you did or call my “willfully ignorant” over it.

Sony’s post-E3 messaging was insulting. They seemed to figure that we can not think for ourselves and opted to tell us what MS was going to do instead of letting us find out for ourselves. They told a whopping lie in regards to trading games, and they acted like children whose little brother got caught getting in trouble. There is no denying this, which is what House is trying to do, and I am calling a spade a spade here.

It was a dig. It absolutely was, and he’s full of shit to say otherwise. He is saying it because some people are finally sick of hearing this type of message from them. Digs, lies and sarcastic remarks don’t make me buy products. I am a customer too, just like you, entitled to use my dollars how I feel for whatever reason I feel I should use them. I waivered on which console to get, and I was annoyed by their post-E3 communication, then made up my mind for sure when they started lying about MS policy. That was the nail in Sony’s coffin for me, and I went and pre-ordered my XB1. This was even before the DRM change, but at least MS was telling the truth about what they were doing…

#31 11 months ago
  32. Joe Musashi

@31 Understand the meaning and context of the word “implicit”. Microsoft certainly do. I even stressed it in my statement. Seems like you overlooked that key detail.
    Overruled.

No, you never used the word “innocent”. You just claim your favoured company don’t commit the crimes you accuse your unfavoured company of. Which is, of course, patently false.
    Overruled.

And the rest of your rebuttal is a shifting of goalposts and the too-late introduction of some new specifics to your argument that you never bothered with before. Astonishing levels of denial and, as I said, wilful ignorance at work given the evidence on display and your eager determination to ignore it.
    Overruled and technical disqualification.

Nice going username-followed-by-three-numbers account. Just another one-sided re-writer of recent history on the scene. :)

#32 11 months ago
  33. bradk825

@32 Like I said, and you prove again. Trolling fanboy prick behaviour. I notice you say nothing about the actual point I made in the original post. Instead you assume to tell me what my point was, claiming it’s something else altogether.

A simple statement. He’s lying about the digs not being digs. If you can’t let a statement that simple be that simple, you should go into politics. Or maybe work for Sony making attack ads. Same basic occupation.

#33 11 months ago
  34. monkeygourmet

But, that’s his ‘thing’.

#34 11 months ago
  35. bradk825

@34 Oh gotcha. I wouldn’t want to fiddle with his thing.

That’s what she said.

#35 11 months ago
  36. Lengendaryboss

Why do i have a feeling popcorn is being needed at this moment? :P

#36 11 months ago
  37. Joe Musashi

So when you can’t see that your ‘points’ don’t actually stand up without changing what they actually were, your rebuttal is to go name calling and claim the point you were arguing and now found wrong on was not the point you were making at all.

If it wasn’t your point? Why bother to respond to me in the first place?

If you can’t back up your so-called ‘facts’ then why do you think name-calling is going help you?

I’m all for debate and discussion – but blowing hot air and then getting agressive when it’s challenged isn’t a discussion. It’s just people trying to assert personal bias as universal fact and throwing a strop when their claims don’t stand up to mild scrutiny.

Just another gamer who thinks asserting waffle and layering it with insults is the basis of debate.

And there’s the ever mature monkeygourmet adding his snide remarks (and nothing else) to the discussion!

As always, the true colours quickly make themselves evident.

I mean, can any of you learn to discuss different viewpoints without resorting to the antics found in a school playground??

#37 11 months ago
  38. monkeygourmet

@JM

“As always, the true colours quickly make themselves evident.”

I quite agree, You’ve managed to ‘show’ them twice in this one thread alone. That special, selective way of questioning you have, while completely other points people may have made.

Don’t ever change.

#38 11 months ago
  39. Lengendaryboss

Ok my two cents MS did lead off saying their exclusives games has won more awards and they list a bunch of games does give off the impression they are exclusive.

As for the dig i had this exact same discussion yesterday and i ain’t starting it again: but the fact remains is both insult each other MS said the PS4 is only a more powerful PS3 and Sony took that dig: both lies its called up-oneing the competition. They both do it, so singling out one proves inconsistency.

#39 11 months ago
  40. Kreion

I don’t blame the guy in this article for acting innocent, but come on. There’s no need for them to claim that they don’t want to have jabs at MS, because they’re an opposing company and if they want to do that then they can to a degree.

Personally, I think it’s childish and that a lot of the one-upmanship from both sides is a bit pathetic, but clearly it’s working to a degree because fanboys get up in arms every time. Basically I don’t think that this needed to be clarified…doing so only makes him look more insincere to me. If they wanted to get away from the issue they wouldn’t have mentioned it again.

#40 11 months ago
  41. Joe Musashi

Yes. I’m sorry I don’t accept unsubstantiated, biased, nebulous waffle as cold hard fact the moment it’s blurted out onto the screen.

Those posting such waffle get very quickly bent out of shape when clarification is sought. As demonstrated far more than twice in this one thread alone.

Funny how they’d rather go on an insulting rampage than answer some simple questions isn’t it?

JM

And, monkeygourmet, given that you’ve already been publicly reprimanded today for your unsolicited attacks on me, you’re really not in the best of places to be jumping in and casting such judgements.

#41 11 months ago
  42. Joe Musashi

@40 It is childish. But all the companies make their digs. It’s preposterous to suggest one doesn’t and one does when there’s an internet out there the proves otherwise.

Getting abusive or ganging up on someone doesn’t change the fact.

EDIT: Beaten by #39

#42 11 months ago
  43. monkeygourmet

But you take execs well rehearsed PR lines as ‘cold hard fact’?

#43 11 months ago
  44. Joe Musashi

If it’s tangible and factual, yes.

But as you may (or may not – I’m sure you don’t read everything I post) – I had already stated that all of these people have a job to do: sell product. And I’ve also stated (more than once) that they will spin, exaggerate, inflate and play off whatever details make them look whiter than white, purer than pure. That’s their job.

And conferences and show interviews are part of that job. They’re not about truth and modesty. They’re about bravura and selling the product. That’s why they’re giving the interviewers people the time of day in the first place.

Embedded in every statement, platitude, earnest talk about “communicating with our loyal customers” or “staying true to our vision” is the same message: BUY OUR PRODUCT

I don’t take offense if Brand A makes a remark at Brand B’s expense. And I find the emotional attachment of those that do – to a brand or a product (that may not even be out yet) absolutely absurd.

If the PR guy delivers his well rehearsed line of “And will launch at $999″ then I’m inclined to believe that as ‘cold hard fact’ yes.

If the PR guy delivers his well rehearsed line of “Unprecdented experience you won’t get anywhere else.” then I’m not inclined to regard that as cold hard fact, I tend to think “I’ll be the judge of that”.

The difference is tangible versus intangible.

#44 11 months ago
  45. monkeygourmet

@JM

And it’s obvious ‘choice wording’ MS is using regarding ‘exclusives’ on its website. It’s not actually saying ‘these games below are exclusive…’, it’s tricksy.

The difference is, this guys outright lying in this case. I don’t even know why. If he’s that bothered, don’t say it in the first place.

#45 11 months ago
  46. Joe Musashi

@45 It is tricksy, my precious.

That’s the implicit association they build deliberately (I’m sure you’ll have already noted how they list a few genuine exclusives, then the non-exclusives, then more genuine exclusives at the end. Another layer of implicit association at work) – I remarked on that a number of posts up. It’s in black and white on Microsoft’s site and referring to tangibles.

And I’ll bet there’s multiple examples of other platform manufacturers employing the same technique to their own gain too.

“The difference is, this guys outright lying in this case.”

Precisely what words of ‘this guy’ are you saying he is “outright lying” about and on what basis are they untrue? Are they from the text of the article above? Please be specific rather than being unspecific.

#46 11 months ago
  47. zinc

“Sega do, what Ninten-don’t”

Maybe some young-uns should Google that, before getting their knickers in a twist over this latest round of smack-talk.

THEY ALL DO IT.

#47 11 months ago
  48. SplatteredHouse

“Our goal is to be the platform that embraces both ends of the spectrum; our role should be to offer a creative palette that’s equally as engaging to a team of seven people who are just emerging with their first console game as it is to a team of many hundreds backed by a large publisher, working on the latest instalment of a high-end blockbuster. The consumer wants both.

“The parallel you see is also in TV content: there were theories that the emergence of YouTube would ring the death knell for quality content – but now we have House of Cards and Game of Thrones. Consumers still want these engaging, long-form experiences. The same is true of games.”

Brilliant, and a sound observation from which to draw that parallel. We are better to have as much inclusion, through varied titles and styles as possible. At the end of the article, it states that next Guardian interview is to be with Phil Spencer. That, too, may be informative.

#48 11 months ago
  49. monkeygourmet

“According to House, his comments weren’t meant to be an actual dig at the company, but to drive home Sony’s “very clear and defined,” goals with its PS4 console.”

Thats a lie.

If MS came out and said:

“According to MS, their comments weren’t meant to be an mislead people regarding the number of Xbone exclusives, but to drive home MS’s “varied & high quality” experience the games on the Xbone offer.”

Then, yes, that too would be a lie.

House’s comments WERE meant as a dig, people in the audience bayed because they KNEW it was a dig, same as E3. He was trying to re-create the same whooping and back slapping they achieved there.

They knew that, he knew that, and it was obvious for everyone watching online.

It was a bitchy dig. For him to plead ignorance or innocence is a lie in this case.

#49 11 months ago
  50. polygem

it showed that they are all just a bunch of corporate bastards and that it doesn’t matter if you buy x1 or ps4. one more step and they destroy the *we’re the good guys* image they so accurately painted. it was a mistake. it was stupid. it showed weakness and unconfidence about their product. not good.

#50 11 months ago
  51. Belmont

Agree, it was stupid. If you are so confident about your console, well then, show your content and offerings and that’s it.
    This is childish, it worked in E3 because back then microsoft was stupid, now it doesn’t. Focus, that’s all these industry people need, Focus !

#51 11 months ago
  52. Professor Zoom

#21 You should start calling yourself lengndary spammer instead.

#52 11 months ago
  53. Professor Zoom

#39 Are you supposed to be an expert? Nobody gives two shits about your god damn two cents.

#53 11 months ago
  54. Joe Musashi

Thats a lie.”

So the only words from “this guy” that you’ve actually quoted are the ones “very clear and defined“. The rest of the text is from the article – from somone other than “this guy”. So where do you draw the line when it comes to what someone said versus what another claims they said? Or interprets what they said? It swiftly becomes a game of telephone. Always best to get the source – which is what I was asking for.

And it’s merely your word against his – as you’ve still not provided any tangible proof – that shows otherwise.

Can you show me where the plans “this guy” refers to are not very clear and defined“?

Other than personal interpretation, in the absence of factual, tangible information, what basis do you have to claim things so boldy as “an outright lie”?

So far you’ve not demonstrated anything other than a fondness for using very bold general statements to assert your view is universal.

If I’m being generous, you’re actually employing the same strategy as those your accusing of being liars.

I think you’re getting caught up in a lot of ‘IMO’, and a degree of misinterpretation. Objectivity is the casuality.

But, again, thank you for taking the time to clarify your earlier comments.

#54 11 months ago
  55. Lengendaryboss

@53/54
    Fucking deal with it.

#55 11 months ago
  56. polygem

after reading JM’s post i am very tempted to insult someone now. it has such a bad vibe to it. instantly, i feel bad. my whole day is ruined now. this keyboard magician is strong. a legend. he has 3 infinite souls but uses only one at a time. beware, it’s joe danger.

#56 11 months ago
  57. Lengendaryboss

Oh poly, you have used that word.

Gasp… Runs to popcorn :P

#57 11 months ago
  58. polygem

he made me do it. no control…i am bewitched.

#58 11 months ago
  59. Joe Musashi

Yes indeed. Let’s play the victim card accusing others of making “bait” one week. Then let’s make numerous posts in the days that follow doing precisely the thing we got so upset about!

Double standards are fun!

Good to see people entering the discussion with the clear intent of contributing something relevant to the topic. :)

#59 11 months ago
  60. monkeygourmet

Come on Joe, the reason he had to clarify this statement is because it was a snipe and a jibe.

There is history attached to this (E3), and it’s one of the lynch pins Sony is using to give itself the ‘good guy image’ over MS.

He said it, he’s tried to put a different spin on it, but everyone know’s what he is getting at.

I appriciate how kind you are to offer him the benefit of the doubt even though it’s plain for all too see.

Nice of you, albeit blind to reality.

#60 11 months ago
  61. Joe Musashi

And it’s still your word against another’s interpretation of what was said. If you’re the one disputing it then the burden of proof is on you. Delivering “IMO” statements is not tangible proof. Inflating personal opinion/intepretation by claiming “everyone” sees it your way isn’t proof either.

Treat this as an exercise in paying attention to the details and remaining objective and you’ll understand where I’m coming from.

It really oughtn’t be that much of a challenge to stick to the details and remain objective.

#61 11 months ago
  62. Lengendaryboss

Hm? getting worse.

#62 11 months ago
  63. Lengendaryboss

@53/54
    Nicely now you don’t care not everyone, what you feel doesn’t equal what others feel.

#63 11 months ago
  64. Professor Zoom

#64 Hah, stop pretending that you’re an expert cause you’re definitely not and don’t give me your ‘deal with it’.

#64 11 months ago
  65. Lengendaryboss

Fine i won’t type it:

The expert part BTW are your words not mine, its your view on me but not true.

#65 11 months ago