Xbox One: Fifa 14 bundle contains digital version

Wednesday, 21st August 2013 10:01 GMT By Dave Owen

Xbox Europe boss Chris Lewis has confirmed to VG247 that the Xbox One consoles that include Fifa 14 packed in will contain a digital version of the game only.

Chris Lewis said that the bundle will contain a digital version of the game as “this gives us a guarantee of delivery, and we also like the fact it’s a digital version. But it guarantees it’s in every pre-order SKU in a way we’re committed to.”

The annoucement of FIFA 14 being packed in with all pre-order Xbox One’s was big news at gamescom yesterday, and this is the first confirmation that it’ll be a digital copy rather than a physical copy.

Read the full interview here.

1. tezzer1985

The funny thing is, the game will still sale more on PS3 & PS4 combined over Xbox 360/1 so it’s a win for EA

P.S don’t call me a fanboy, I own both a PS3/360 & play fifa on 360 😜

#1 11 months ago
  2. BazzaLFC

Micrsoft: “We also like the fact it’s a digital version”

And it starts, where the you can’t trade your game in on the xbox1080 (so many U-turns)

Easy solution to that is, if it comes as a download code, you just sell the code onto someone else if you don’t want the fifa game and then stick a big middle finger up at microto$$.

:D

#2 11 months ago
  3. polygem

Nice. First thing i will do: delete it. Seriously.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Tech-N9ne

@3 LOL, so you download it just to delete it. IQ +1000

#4 11 months ago
  5. super3001

good news. I go full digital next gen. optical is dead format

#5 11 months ago
  6. VibraniumSpork

@4 I think the point that Polygem’s making is that not every XB1 console buyer is a big sports/football fan. Microsoft evidently think otherwise.

#6 11 months ago
  7. MCTJim

@5 I agree..nothing will require a disc this console.

#7 11 months ago
  8. bradk825

@2 If it comes free with every Xbox One, what kind of trade value would it have had anyway? Everyone already has it.

#8 11 months ago
  9. backup

PC losers getting last gen port lol power of PC

#9 11 months ago
  10. Ekona

@6 But by the same token what if they’d put CoD in there? Not everyone likes FPS games. Or Forza? Not everyone likes driving games.

It was a lose/lose scenario really, but to go with the most popular franchise in Europe seems a pretty sensible way to approach adding a free game to a new console.

I don’t play FIFA games either, but I’ll probably give it a couple of goes at least as I do casually enjoy football.

#10 11 months ago
  11. VibraniumSpork

@10 True, I just find it a bit of a divisive alignment. I do think there’s going to be a huge number of XB1 buyers for whom this is a massive plus – they’d be picking the title up anyway, and for them this is a great deal.

I guess I just think that it could potentially alienate some gamers to whom sports are anathema; racing and FPSs have, I think, a much broader appeal. To me this deal (as well as M$’s chumminess with EA) just has a ring to it of “Don’t like football? Might not be the best console for you bud!” If they’d offered a choice of games of differing genres then that’d be awesome. But they haven’t. They’ve gone with a game that bros love, and geeks love to hate.

Having said that, it’s free, and who can really argue with that?

#11 11 months ago