Dead Rising 3: exclusive gameplay footage from Gamescom

Wednesday, 21st August 2013 09:44 GMT By Dave Owen

Dead Rising 3 is one of the more exciting Xbox One exclusives. It’s being played as we speak by people at Gamescom in Cologne, and we have over six minutes of exclusive gameplay footage for you to feast your eyes on.

Unfortunately there’s no audio feed, so you’ll have to make do with the eye candy on display.

The video shows the open city, with the player hopping from vehicles onto foot and raiding shops for an interesting choice of weapon and costume. A lot of people were worried that Dead Rising 3 might be taking itself too seriously. This footage should assure you otherwise.

1. Sunshyme

The CGI trailers are awesome but this looks incredibly boring. Also some clipping issues with that surfing board. Let’s hope they’ll fix them before launch. But propably not an instant buy on day one.

#1 1 year ago
  2. VibraniumSpork

I don’t know, I think looks like a pretty great exclusive. I’d be tempted to buy this on Day One, but I’d prolly be slightly wary; the first two Dead Rising’s promised a lot and failed to deliver by a noticeable margin.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Deyja

#2 it’s dead rising, i doubt it will stay exclusive for long, considering both the earlier games did come to pc eventually.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Djoenz

Whipped cream. . handbags etc. He can magically build that laser sword out of thin air. I prefer Dead Island over this anytime. At least its not as dreadfull looking as Dead Rising 2 which was one of the shittiest games I ever bought.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Tech-N9ne

The first Dead Rising was an XBox 360 exclusive and never came to any other platform. Dead Rising 2 was on XBox 360, PS3 and PC.

#5 1 year ago
  6. chiefkeef14

another gameplay from IGN – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVSxzKJ8VMY

#6 1 year ago
  7. Mike W

That’s not true, the first Dead Rising came to the Wii.

#7 1 year ago
  8. chiefkeef14

are you on drugs? Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop released for Wii on 2008, whereas original Dead Rising released in 2006

#8 1 year ago
  9. El_MUERkO

The gameplay looks the same silly fun as before but they’ve gone all gritty and brown and grey :(

#9 1 year ago
  10. sh4dow

HERE is a decent gameplay video (appears to be the same as that from IGN but higher resolution): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuqfvOq-x0k

And I gotta say… this is the ONLY thing out of Gamescom so far I found even remotely interesting. I suppose the Dungeon Keeper bullshit was interesting in a negative way. But other than that… I hope there’ll still be more interesting gameplay videos coming…

#10 1 year ago
  11. Sopgno

I didn’t have any really interest in this game based on the previously released footage, but by seeing the trailer sh4dow posted above, I really want this game now.

Not liking the brown and grey style either, but hey, the gameplay looks awesome!

#11 1 year ago
  12. Armitage Shanks

Looks like fun,i can only hope it does away with that time limit nonsense from the previous titles.

#12 1 year ago
  13. beast313

Never could get into Dead Rising 1/2, always felt like a western version of the Dynasty Warrior series. Became boring very fast.

#13 1 year ago
  14. The_Red

Dead Rising 1 was the reason I got 360 and it seems like it’s 2nd sequel might do the same for X1. Don’t care about exclusive DLC or online games like Titanfall but bigger and crazier Dead Rising? HELL YEAH!

#14 1 year ago