Tue, Aug 20, 2013 | 14:01 BST
Xbox One at gamescom 2013: everything in one place – FIFA 14, launch line-up, more
Xbox One’s launch line-up, exclusives, free FIFA, indie publishing and more – Microsoft had plenty to say at its gamescom 2013 press conference. Get caught up on all the news through the break.
- Microsoft detailed its indie publishing scheme for Xbox One, ID@Xbox. There’s a lot to love about it for approved indies – two free devkits, no price setting, and no fees for certification.
- Pat spoke with Xbox boss Phil Harrison about the scheme; the executive said “all games are equal” in Microsoft’s eyes.
- Dave was able to get his hands on Forza 5, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Ryse: Son of Rome and more. Read over his impressions from the floor.
- Microsoft confirmed the Xbox One’s launch line-up of more than 20 games.
- All Xbox One pre-orders in Europe will come with a download code for FIFA 14 at no extra cost; this includes existing and future pre-orders.
- On Xbox One, FIFA 14 has an exclusive mode called Ultimate Team Legends.
- Fable Legends was announced; it’s an always-online four-player game in which one player is the villain.
- Ubisoft’s Fighter Within was confirmed as an Xbox One Kinect exclusive launch title, to nobody’s surprise.
- Mojang shooter Cobalt is coming to Xbox One, too.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts will use dedicated cloud servers on Xbox One, rather than peer-to-peer multiplayer. There will be a Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One hardware bundle, and Infinity Ward announced a new mode called Blitz.
- Peggle 2 and Plants vs Zombies 2: Garden Warfare are timed Xbox One exclusives.
- Crytek revealed a new multiplayer mode for Kinect title Ryse – Gladiator, which requires you to keep an audience entertained.
- Killer Instinct will launch with two different bundle options.