Sony has announced a free version of LittleBigPlanet headed to PS3. Called LittleBigPlanet Hub, it will be available on the PlayStation Store later this year. More details and trailer within.
The free downloadable game includes a pod (the central hub found in all LittleBigPlanet games) and access to a range of content for free.
In addition to the included content, everything that is currently available for LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 players will be available to purchase in LittleBigPlanet Hub. It’s not clear if all the extra content with come at a cost, because Sony mentioned that you’ll be able to purchase extra “through a variety of options”.
Those who own LittleBigPlanet 1 or 2 will be able to import their current profile, unlocking every piece of content purchased for those two games; it’s not clear if Sony means DLC or everything in both games.
As for what’s included in the base free version:
- A brand new level chock full of goodies to collect, exclusive to LittleBigPlanet HUB.
- Free access to the first worlds from both LittleBigPlanet 1 and LittleBigPlanet 2. That’s 16 free levels and all the goodies and costumes contained within are yours to collect and keep.
- Unrestricted access to LittleBigPlanet’s Create Mode and a full range of tools from both titles to create your very own levels.
- The LittleBigPlanet Team Picks. Our weekly updated collection of some of our favourite community levels. That’s more than 500 levels at the moment and growing each week!
- Exciting Weekly Challenges. A whole new way to play LittleBigPlanet.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.