Xbox One sizzle trailer shows off Titanfall, Forza 5, Halo more

Monday, 19th August 2013 14:47 GMT By Dave Owen

Ahead of their Gamescom event tomorrow morning Microsoft has released a new sizzle trailer for Xbox One, showing off its upcoming games in all their next-gen shininess.

The games featured in the trailer include:

- Titanfall – Only on Xbox One and PC (and Xbox 360)
- Killer Instinct – Only on Xbox One
- FIFA 14 – Xbox One-exclusive Ultimate Team content
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – DLC First on Xbox
- Madden NFL 25
- Forza Motorsport 5 – Only on Xbox One
- Watch Dogs
- Ryse: Son of Rome – Only on Xbox One
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- Battlefield 4 – Second Assault DLC First on Xbox
- Dead Rising 3 – Only on Xbox One
- Halo – Only on Xbox One

There’s nothing we haven’t seen before. This is just a warm-up for Gamescom, where we’ll hopefully get a raft of new details on a bunch of these titles. Until then, just sit back and feast your eyes on the pretty objects.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. monkeygourmet

Hype!!!

Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 for me.

I think MS has slightly better launch titles than Sony. I will prob get a PS4 and some PSN games but none of the retail launch exclusives look that impressive too me. May try Killzone, but was burned on Killzone 3 after TEA talked so highly of it, turned out to be pretty awful.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Professor Zoom

It’s all meh quite frankly, these could all have been released to the 360, the new console generation offers very few new stuff. We don’t need another console generation.

#2 8 months ago
  3. ps3fanboy

im not impressed at all its bunch of bland,generic multiplatform games with a few boring exclusives that has no originality. it just show that the xbone havent much to show for it self. also it proves that the ps4 have a much better line up..

#3 8 months ago
  4. TF_PtMaster

@1 these are not all launch titles for Xone. At least Halo and Titanfall.

I don’t know which one has the best games yet. But i think tomorrow we will see. At the end, its a matter of taste.

#4 8 months ago
  5. SplatteredHouse

Meh and more meh. That’s IT? The best stuff in that trailer is multiplatform. Looking at this is like seeing MTV 2013 trying to last vs MTV ’90s!

#5 8 months ago
  6. Ekona

Really excited by some of these now, especially Forza and DR3. I want Ryse to be amazing as well, but I’ll wait for a couple of reviews on that before I decide whether or not to grab it as well.

Whilst I’m not a fan of FIFA any more, I have to say that it does look incredible in that short clip: The detail of Messi is immense.

#6 8 months ago
  7. loci

“Titanfall – Only on Xbox One and PC (and Xbox 360)”
    “Only” on 3 platforms hahahhaa

Also laughter at Master Chief in that cloak.

#7 8 months ago
  8. ps3fanboy

waiting for legendarychump the chubby chaser to arriving anytime now. to express his bias opinions with his drug addled comments, and old unfunny jpg links.

#8 8 months ago
  9. xxJPRACERxx

@2 Yeah, you’re right! Now just go play with you Atari 2600…

—————————————————————————–

The 360 and PS3 launch games were not really that much better than the 1st Xbox and PS2 games of the time. Everybody was “bah, we don’t need new consoles bla, bla, bla”… Just wait and see!

For me the games on X1 right now are much more my taste than what’s on PS4. The only game on PS4 I want right now is inFamous.

#9 8 months ago
  10. TF_PtMaster

Well the most exciting game in the video, in my opinion is Watch Dogs.

I’m curious to see more on Titanfall.

#10 8 months ago
  11. SplatteredHouse

@7 yeah BIG lols at that! I was watching it live, supposing who might be under there, no idea, but really interested in this quality trailer. Then, as it goes on, I start to think ‘anyone but…”

“come ON…!” D:<

#11 8 months ago
  12. Arnvidr

Of that bunch I’ll say Forza is interesting, on the basis of having heard good things about the predecessors. Presumably Drive Club on PS4 will try to compete with it. And that leaves no exclusives for either console that’s a “killer” or anything. Deep Down looks interesting, depending on what the game turns out to actually be, but ultimately it’s my anti-Microsoft-pro-Playstation fanboy heart that wins my next console purchase decision.

#12 8 months ago
  13. Lengendaryboss

Someone is upset at “legendarychump” like Francis, hmmm? strange, I hope you two get along :)

Meanwhile LB is eating and watching TV and hasn’t watched the video it yet.

#13 8 months ago
  14. sebastien rivas

I disagree with you. Xbox has a good start with exclusives.
    Well, you know very very few of these titles will attract Japan market but still, for westerners, we have a good deal to choose from.

Now if you want my opinion. Consoles should be about 100% exclusives or none at all.
    Exclusives are cool but too few to actually choose a console that backstabs me with price point in first place.

Last point, it is not like no one has a PC anyway… so exclusives…. not so sure…

#14 8 months ago
  15. Fin

HYPE

Forza and Titanfall looks good, rest [of the exclusives] meh.

#15 8 months ago
  16. Hcw87

PS4 only has Killzone, Knack and Driveclub.

Other than that, just F2P indie stuff you can allready play on the PC. Not having Infamous as a launch title is a major fail from their side.

#16 8 months ago
  17. stretch215

You Sony “fans” sure are a weird bunch. It seems like you all comment on way more xbox1 articles than ps4 articles. Strange.

#17 8 months ago
  18. _LarZen_

Allot of nice looking games coming out on XBO,PS4 and PC this holiday.

Glad I am going to have the pleasure of playing on all those systems. Not going to miss out on any good games this coming gen.

#18 8 months ago
  19. SplatteredHouse

Drive Club is more interesting than Forza. I wanna see a new MSR, not another PGR (make a new Metropolis!)

@9: “The 360 and PS3 launch games were not really that much better than the 1st Xbox and PS2 games of the time. ”

PS3: RFOM, Ridge Racer 7, Motorstorm.
    PS2: SSX, Tekken Tag and these: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2000/10/28/the-ps2-launch-titles

Xbox: Blinx, Halo, DOA3, Blood Wake, Fusion Frenzy.
    Xbox 360: PDZ, Kameo, Amped 3, CoD 2, Condemned, Most Wanted (Black Box), Quake 4; not including the likes of Geometry Wars and Hexic HD from XBLA.
    Are you sure you don’t want to reconsider? I also don’t remember any real level of trepidation last-gen; although, backwards compatibility was a big deal contributing some to it

#19 8 months ago
  20. Templar_Dante

Sizzle? lol.
    I dont get the hype for any of them. And Titanfall, it gets samey and browner every time I see it.
    MEH.

#20 8 months ago
  21. Hcw87

They’re giving away Drive Club to every PSN sub, so it can’t be that good. Why aren’t they giving away Knack instead, as that allready looks like a PSN/XBLA game? I also haven’t really seen anything from Driveclub to make it stand out.

I’m getting a PS4 at launch since Xbox One is delayed anyway, but i’d have loved to have a system seller at launch, like Infamous.

#21 8 months ago
  22. TF_PtMaster

@19 a new MSR… now we are talking. I loved the MSR in the original Xbox

@21 i think is that the point of Sony. Giving Drive Club for free on PS+ could be a system/service seller. The game looks beautiful, but the other aspects i will wait to see if it is any good.

#22 8 months ago
  23. _LarZen_

The version of Drive Club that PS+ members are getting is not the full version.

#23 8 months ago
  24. DreadSabot

KI, DR3 and Forza 5 are getting play time day 1. I personally love the look of Ryse and have ordered as well – here is hoping it turns out well.

The only game I have to play day one on ps4 is Killzone and as much as I was looking forward to playing Watchdogs on the ps4 I am thinking i will change that preorder to x1. Just based on boards and what I expect the online communities to consist of I am thinking the X1 will end up with the more mature crowd in the early years so I would prefer to game with that crowd.

Again just based on boards but I may just relocate my ps4 to exclusives very much like I did with ps3 this gen.

#24 8 months ago
  25. Hcw87

It’s not? I heard it was. So what is it, is the game 20% done at release with stuff being added over time, or can you actually buy the entire game?

#25 8 months ago
  26. polygem

no hype here at all.
    seriously. NOTHING about that made me excited (maybe halo but after the disappointment 4 was…hmm…)
    wow. something wrong with me?

the direction my thoughts are going to – more and more and more:

wiiu
    3ds
    PC

that´s it

#26 8 months ago
  27. _LarZen_

@25 From what I have read it is actually the full game, but it’s missing tracks and cars. I don’t know if you can upgrade it or how it’s going to work…

#27 8 months ago
  28. SplatteredHouse

@21: They’re giving away a version, not the full game, as I understand it, to Plus members. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a489361/drive-club-ps-plus-edition-will-charge-for-extra-cars-tracks.html

#28 8 months ago
  29. Lengendaryboss

@Polygem
    “Oh oh oh its magic you know, never believe its not so its magic you know”

:P

Me: good video.

#29 8 months ago
  30. TF_PtMaster

@27 You are right, and you will be able to upgrade to the full version.

#30 8 months ago
  31. SplatteredHouse

yeah you can just buy the optional bits later if you like, but it seems they’re offering a fully playable, new Evolution Studios racer as part of the Plus sub, other than that.

#31 8 months ago
  32. tracyis300

Im so excited that Forza & BF4 are launch titles. All the other games look great but ill have to try out first b4 i buy. But regardless. This is going to be a good year for gaming

#32 8 months ago
  33. polygem

@LB: i WONT use that term anymore for nothing…except for real magic of course, like the magic in some of those halo games. oh. no. forget it!

#33 8 months ago
  34. DrDamn

@Hcw87
    DC PS+ edition is fully featured in terms of full single player campaign and all the online functionality, you will be able to buy more cars and tracks though. Why is it being given away with PS+ over something like Knack? It’s to do with the sort of sales model for the game. Big on additional content like a lot of racing games. Think of it as mid-way between a f2p and full retail. There is a substantial amount in the PS+ edition to start you off though. It’ll be interesting to see how it does in terms of revenue. I think we’ll see more title take that approach.

#34 8 months ago
  35. G1GAHURTZ

HYYYYYYYYYPE!

#35 8 months ago
  36. OlderGamer

Nothing here I would want to play that I can’t get somewhere other then a XBO. Very happy to wait till that changes.

#36 8 months ago
  37. polygem

you guys seriously get the hype vibe here? damn. i mean seriously. i want to feel that as well. but. nothing. wtf :)

#37 8 months ago
  38. super3001

so much better then ps3.5 launch games with 30fps and input lags lol. this holiday belong to xone

#38 8 months ago
  39. Hcw87

Still nothing comes close to the release of GTAV. The week before GTAV releases i’ll be going around with goosebumbs all over my body. Like a kid at christmas.

#39 8 months ago
  40. DrDamn

Which 5 launch games?

#40 8 months ago
  41. TF_PtMaster

@40 the @38 is calling PS4 PS3.5

#41 8 months ago
  42. DrDamn

Yes I know, just taking the piss :)

#42 8 months ago
  43. polygem

he knows that, is just kidding

oops should have refreshed page…but yeah.

#43 8 months ago
  44. Lengendaryboss

In 13 locations.

#44 8 months ago
  45. TF_PtMaster

@42,43 ah ok. lol :)

@44, maybe tomorrow will be 6 or 7. If Sony announces october for the ps4 release, MS will be in deep trouble.

#45 8 months ago
  46. xxJPRACERxx

@19 What I meant to say was the launch games on 360 and PS3 were not much better than the last gen games on xbox and PS2. That was not a big jump.

People that say the jump between 360/PS3 and X1/PS4 is not big don’t realize that 1st gen games on new gen consoles are not really exploiting that new power. It’s the same with each new gen.

#46 8 months ago
  47. Christopher Jack

I know that vgchartz aren’t the most reliable guys around but anyone else find it worrying for the Xbox One that all US next multiplatform software preorders are dominated by the PS4?

BF4- PS4 135K/X1 63K
    CoD- PS4 129K/X1 114K

Watch Dogs(PS4) & AC4(PS4) also rank in their top 40s but the Xbox One versions didn’t reach that. In fact Watch Dogs PS4 appears to be the leading next gen game with 152k preorders. The only next gen console exclusive to reach that list is Killzone Shadowfall with 139k preorders making it the second for next gen games.

Again since it’s VGchartz these numbers are no doubt inaccurate but I don’t think they’re completely unrealistic, either way it’s still a little worrying considering that these are purely US numbers where Xbox has reined supreme over PlayStation for quite a while. It also shows that FPS are still going to dominate next gen.

#47 8 months ago
  48. MCTJim

Games are looking good :D As for the pre-orders, I dont have to bother with the games since I will be getting mine digitally.

#48 8 months ago
  49. gomersoul

@47 why is it worrying? fuck ms and their customer screwing ideals

#49 8 months ago
  50. TF_PtMaster

@47 nice catch.

Despite of some (probably) lack of accuracy in these numbers, is indeed very interesting, because is only about US Market. Xbox territory.

I’m curious to see the UK numbers.

We know Xone is launching only in 13 territories, if Sony delivers a compelling system Microsoft will be in deep trouble like PS3 was in 2006

#50 8 months ago
  51. redwood

@51.. that massive fps exclusive IS Halo, titanfall will eventually be on the ps4.
    but seriously.. not that much of an interesting list man (for a ps4 guy like me), they could have shown something fresh just to not look as if they are repeating the same games again and again, they SHOULD really show FF15 and kingdom hearts now that those ARE coming to xboxONE.

#51 8 months ago
  52. redwood

cuase it will make them alot of moolah :)
    and yeah it’s not a definite “yes”.. and it’s still just rumours. So yeah :)

#52 8 months ago
  53. redwood

and

#53 8 months ago
  54. redwood

but than you have this .. which I believe is BS cause they want as many people to buy it at launch as possible.
    it’s “teh cloud” again

#54 8 months ago
  55. redwood

what if it is? what than? what do I get?

#55 8 months ago
  56. Christopher Jack

Then it will not come, it might. Completely different meanings.
    Will expresses intention.
    Might expresses possibility.

#56 8 months ago
  57. Hcw87

The online infrastructure of Live is currently superior to PSN, and with MS adding ”300.000” more servers with Xbox One or whatever, i don’t see how it’s a given it’ll be released on PS4 the next few years.

Never say never though, but when its time for PS4 to finally get Titanfall i’m pretty sure the hype has pretty much died out and we have other games to look forward to instead.

#57 8 months ago
  58. redwood

maan you guys really liked that game O_o … that’s cool

#58 8 months ago
  59. Christopher Jack

@60, I don’t see how online quality of either console is related to titanfall at all. The support for such a game on PlayStation is obviously there & if anything the PlayStation ecosystem is the system of choice for mmos.

The most plausible reason for Xbox exclusivity is because Microsoft paid for it.

#59 8 months ago
  60. redwood

@62 Hc is referring to “teh cloud”

#60 8 months ago
  61. Hcw87

According to the devs it’s on Xbox One because of that Cloud thing, which is something Sony currently don’t have (or haven’t talked about yet).

Sony have Cloud servers that you can store your game saves on etc, but nothing that will handle CPU computing of any sort. Time will tell though.

#61 8 months ago
  62. Christopher Jack

@64, Which is why it’s also on X360 & PC /s

#62 8 months ago
  63. Hcw87

Yeah, Xbox Live is also on 360 and PC you know.

#63 8 months ago
  64. zoopdeloop

you’re too much into another generic COD clonebut this time it has ROBOTS.yay what’s next on the hype train
    Power Rangers?

#64 8 months ago
  65. TF_PtMaster

LOOOOL… OMG…

Xbox One Cloud computing have nothing to do with Xbox Live. You can’t justify Titanfall be on Xbox One and not for PS4 because of the cloud. Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game will not make use of that.

Titanfall is on Xbox consoles and PC because Microsoft payed EA for that. Like they pay for timed exclusives DLC.

Anything thing else is BS.

#65 8 months ago
  66. zinc

When IS Titanfall due out anyway? Xmas 2014?

#66 8 months ago
  67. TF_PtMaster

@69 spring 2014

#67 8 months ago
  68. Lengendaryboss

Spring 2014. Edit: Damn You @70, Damn you to high hell :P

#68 8 months ago
  69. redwood

#69 8 months ago
  70. Lengendaryboss

“teh cloud”: http://www.ps4gamers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Xbox_one-VS-PS4_adverts_18.gif

#70 8 months ago
  71. OmegaSlayer

Lol, this makes up for Gamescon lack of live stream I suppose.

#71 8 months ago
  72. redwood

@73 hahahaah.. spot on :D

#72 8 months ago
  73. TF_PtMaster

I had to cancel my Xone preorder, because Xbox Support told me they don’t know if the console will work outside the 13 territories.

Even able to play offline, they don’t know how to answer this.

If they don’t know who will????

More money left to buy new games for my PS4.

#73 8 months ago
  74. Christopher Jack

@66,Really?

#74 8 months ago
  75. zinc

Spring eh? It does look good, very good. If CoD Ghosts doesn’t impress, I can see a LOT of people migrating to Titanfall.

Like it or not, its more of a system seller than anything I’ve seen in Sony’s arsenal.

#75 8 months ago
  76. bradk825

Confused as to why the Master Chief would need a cloak over his armour, but ok. Whatever keeps him warm at night.

The biggest games for me hype-wise are Forza 5, Watchdogs and Destiny right now. Titanfall looks really good, but I don’t know if it’s “60 E3 Awards” good… We’ll see.

@78 I’ll be playing both either way. Whether Ghosts is as good as it looks like it’ll be will determine which I play most often.

#76 8 months ago
  77. Gheritt White

Meh, tbh *none* of these games really appealed to me (although it was nice to see Glacius revealed in the K.I. segment).

So far, the only next-gen offerings that have me slavering away are inFamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886, both of which are PlayStation exclusives.

Now, if this trailer had a segment highlighting Sunset Overdrive then I might be thinking differently – it’d be great to see more on that game in particular.

#77 8 months ago
  78. DrDamn

Quite a lot of people have cloud servers they will let you use (Amazon for example). Cost is the issue here I would say. MS would have let them use their cloud servers at a cut down rate to help the deal I would guess.

#78 8 months ago
  79. Pytox

this is really meh, i can get titalfall on pc and halo doesnt interest me anymore. ps4 would need some real killer games to make me preorder one though. It’s all kinda meh because I can get most of em on PC and play them in higher quality.

#79 8 months ago
  80. Professor Zoom

#9 Why are everybody so hyped about a new console generation and getting one of these systems at launch? You won’t have much to play anyway and there’s still not a single developer that has proven to me that these systems actually have something new. Infinity Ward just shows how you have dirt beneath your fingernails in COD and shows a more detailed dog, but this is far from something couldn’t have been done 6 or 7 years ago.

#80 8 months ago