Mon, Aug 19, 2013 | 08:12 BST
Shadowrun Returns Berlin DLC delayed for expansion
Shadowrun Returns developer Harebrained Schemes has announced that the Berlin downloadable content for the tactical RPG has been delayed in order to make it larger and more open-ended. It was expected in October, but has now been pushed back to January 2014.
After a discussion on the official forum, the developer decided to expand the DLC from a “modest-sized campaign” and include the following features:
- A more flexible main story arc – choose which runs to complete first, and which factions to complete objectives for
- More depth to the NPC runner characters
- New weapons, outfits, portraits, music, and enemies – including more magical creatures
- Improved Physical Adept gameplay – along with additions for some of the other existing archetypes
- A European city with a very different look, “vibe”, and cast of characters
- A story that highlights the compelling themes of the Shadowrun: Germany sourcebook
Harebrained also promised: “In addition, for the GMs out there, all of the environments and characters that we add in Berlin will also be available in the Shadowrun Returns Editor for anyone who has the Berlin campaign installed.”
Thanks, Strategy Informer.