Dead Rising 3 CG trailer is violent and silly

Monday, 19th August 2013 10:22 GMT By Dave Owen

There’s a new CG trailer for Xbox One exclusive Dead Rising 3. It has swearing, gore, and many zombies.

The trailer, featured by IGN, doesn’t tell us anything new about Dead Rising 3. But it’s pretty epic and features some fun zombie carnage that fans of the series love so dearly. Hopefully we’ll see more of the game during Gamescom this week.

1. KAP

2013/2014 and were still getting fed CGI trailers to get gamers hyped?
    Next were gonna be told that this trailer was in-game right?
    I just find it a little disheartening that this gen is introduced as huge leap from current gen with a incredible ammount of graphical power yet were still getting CGI trailers to hype us up for a game will great graphics anyway?

You mean to tell me that whole scenario couldnt of been done in-game?
    The likes of GTAV gameplay trailers.

Coming into a new next generation xbox one like this is underwelming thats all i’m saying…. sigh

#1 12 months ago
  2. infernalism

Well, though I agree that CGI trailers are nothing to get hyped about, some of them are at least fun and well scripted, like the last The Witcher 3 CGI trailer “killing monsters”.

#2 11 months ago
  3. KAP

Let me put it this way, how hyped would you have been If CGI trailers such as this one could be done in-game?

Dont get me wrong I love CGI trailers, to this day Onimusha 2 & 3, Ridge Racer Type R, Soul Edge and Ghost in the shell intros are a few of my all time greats but they were a couple of generations ago; games today can match, if not exceed them.

Just my thoughts on it anyway.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Tech-N9ne

God some ppl, always complaining. It’s not like this is the first DR3 trailer, then I can understand but this is the 3rd DR3 trailer and the only CG one.

We already know what DR3 looks like, this is just a hype trailer. And it looks awesome.

This KAP guy just like to find fault in any XBox one related post, I wish we had a way to view users comment history on VG247 it would be so obvious. Somehow he must have missed the Witcher 3 CGI trailer. I didn’t see any of these complains.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Mike W

That was a good trailer, one can only hope the game would look like that. But whatever…

#5 11 months ago
  6. Djoenz

He magically had ducktape on him and found a sledgehammer as well how convenient. And that motorcycle.. . I despised DR2 due to its overly slowpaced gameplay and mindless escort missions and over the top shit weapons.

I hope for the fans DR3 will be more balanced. Weak dialogue as well in this trailer. An “oh shit” would have been a more appropiate reaction imo when he got surrounded.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Animeboy413

Zombie Madness

#7 11 months ago
  8. bradk825

@6 Dead Rising has always been a little over the top. It’s not a 100% serious game light Dying Light will be, and it’s not trying to be. You can still pylons on the heads of zombies for heaven’s sake, let’s not try to make it sound like they aren’t doing the corny stuff on purpose.

There are a few different ways that zombies are generally approached, serious, ridiculous, or a combination.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Irani

Perfect , Long Live Xbox One , Death To PS4

#9 11 months ago
  10. Audacityscape

@6 – Gotta disagree about being surrounded, I thought his “fuuuuuuuuuuuccckkk” was not only appropriate, but kinda refreshing. I know I’d swear up a storm in a zombie apocalypse, so it’s nice to see characters that do it.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Riseer

@#9,If you think a Timed Exclusive put’s Xbone over Ps4 you are mistaking.The fact that this isn’t a real time trailer worries me,the E3 build was quite bad with frame rate and screen tear.Oh and the fact it doesn’t look very good,Infamous SS craps all over it visually as well.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

Forget him, he’s a war acted xbox troll.

#12 11 months ago