Next-Gen Ubisoft games outselling their current-gen counterparts

Friday, 16th August 2013 00:07 GMT By Phil Owen

The big man in Ubisoft Europe Alain Corre has told MCV that pre-orders for the Xbox One and PS4 versions of both Watch Dogs and Assassin’s Creed 4 are outpacing those of the current-gen console version of those games. He says this leads him to believe this will be a quicker-than-expected console transition.

He did not say, however, if Assassin’s Creed 4 orders were overall ahead of those of Assassin’s Creed 3 and the other games in the series. Activision recently said Call of Duty: Ghosts orders were lagging behind the last couple games in the franchise because of uncertainty about which platform to buy for.

It’s also noteworthy that Amazon.com has been offering a launch day bundle for the PS4 which contains Watch Dogs and a year of PlayStation Plus, and that has almost certainly helped drive next-gen orders for that.

Thanks, homie Dragon246

1. _LarZen_

Everyone I know are sick and tired of the old consoles. They got outdated long ago.

No one is ordering games for their old consoles, everyone has pre-ordered a new console and a bunch of games.
    My experience could ofc be unique but I hardly think so after reading forums etc. People are ready to change, and fast.

And this is why I do not understand why we are getting GTA for the old antique consoles and not next gen on day one.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Animeboy413

#1, You’re right I have moved on to PS4

#2 1 year ago
  3. Animeboy413

I Will buy AC4 on PS4

#3 1 year ago
  4. Phil Owen

RE: GTA on current-gen

It’s because they’ll sell 10 million+ copies in a month on current gen, whereas there might be 2 or 3 million of the new consoles available in the entire world by the end of the year, and they don’t need to spend the extra money to make it cross-gen because it’s GTA.

#4 1 year ago
  5. OlderGamer

I think the demographics for gamers that are into said games and early adaptor gamers are simply overlapping. In other words the gamers that are interested in watchdogs are the same ones that are looking to buy new hardware early. My social circle of gamers that I know in person has NO ONE buying a new system on day one.

Most of us play on PC and are happy to stick with current gen systems for stuff like NCAA and Madden and more. I am sure everyones story is different and often times to each of us, what happens in our corner of the world seems like a global trend. When in truth it isn’t.

Time will tell. But I can tell you that this is just another car on the hype train.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Metroid455

Im the opposite, the next two years have so much coming out for my PS3, Vita,3DS and Wii U there’s absolutely NO reason whatsoever to for me to “upgrade” yet.

#6 1 year ago
  7. OlderGamer

You aren’t alone Metroid455, a lot of people are like that.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lv01

ill be keeping my current gen console alongside my next gen one to pick up the current gen gems that fall along the way (especially lightning returns! cannot wait for that.) but the cross gen titles, like watch dogs, and madden, ill be getting on next gen. no point getting them on current gen if i am early adopting!

#8 1 year ago