Football Manager 2014 developer Sports Interactive has lifted the lid on its yearly management sim. It’s going to be a big one. Get the first details here.
In a press release sent to VG247 today, Sports Interactive confirmed that it would recap new features in the game every Friday on the official Football Manager site.
Football manager 2014 has over 1,000 improvements over last year’s release, and the studio is calling it the realistic simulation of football management ever released. The game will launch on Linux alongside Mac and PC, and includes cloud saves so that players can pick up their career from any computer.
Here’s a glance at some of the new features:
- An improved 3D Match Engine
- A tactical overhaul
- More realistic transfers and contracts
- More sophisticated board interaction
- More complex interaction between staff, players and rival managers
- A revamped news system
- An enhanced user interface
- Evolution for Classic mode
- Additional community features
- Extensive tech improvements
Publisher Sega confirmed the game will launch on all three formats before Christmas 2013. If you pre-order the game from a participating retailer you will get early beta access to the game two weeks before it launches. Your beta career will also transfer to the full game at launch.
What do you think? Stay tuned for more on Football Manager 2014 here.