Trailer introduces Telltale’s Fables game The Wolf Among Us

Tuesday, 13th August 2013 20:53 GMT By Phil Owen

A lot of folks are eager to see what Telltale is up to now in the wake of The Walking Dead, and today we get our first look at their spin on Bill Willingham’s Fables comic, The Wolf Among Us, in this trailer that promises the first episode, titled Faith, will premiere soon on every major home platform other than Wii U. But you don’t need me to talk about it when you could just watch it.

1. OnionPowder

Fuck me, I was hoping for a Wii U release.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

It really does suck. Control wise, it would easily be the best version, and graphically could look nicer than 360 / PS3 versions at least…

So lame that devs can’t be fucked, it wouldn’t cost that much surely?

#2 1 year ago
  3. bradk825

Exciting. I hope it comes out on Next-gen. I don’t plan to hang onto my XB360 after playing Duck Tales.

#3 1 year ago
  4. onlineatron

way back when telltale first announced it had the rights to walking dead, king’s quest, and fables; fables was definitely the one that had me jazzed the most. and it looks like i was right to be excited.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TheWulf

This is the kind of art design that makes me want to buy someone a drink. It also makes me wish that more developers were more daring with their visuals. I definitely think part of what made The Walking Dead so compelling was, indeed, the visuals. Though they’ve turned that dial up another notch with this, and the look is fascinating. It’s not really cell-shaded so much as it is a moving comic book, it’s very easy on the eye.

To be honest, if the story can live up to the visuals and to Telltale’s legendary precursor, then we might just have one of the best games of 2013 here.

It’s really worth pausing this video from time to time though to soak in just how much effort went into the characters and the backgrounds, it’s got such a depth of detail that it makes so-called ‘next gen’ games look barren by comparison. This proves that it’s not the hardware that makes the difference, it’s art direction and technologies used properly.

Flood the screen with as many particles and shaders as upgraded hardware can allow for, and it still won’t look better than this.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Phoenixblight

It cost money to make a port of a game and devs especially as small as TellTale are not going to bother for the Wii U with its small install base.

Walking Dead and this game are using a toon shader its not innovation. It just flat colors and everything is hand painted. It comes stock in most engines and it is really easy to do by yourself.

#6 1 year ago
  7. bradk825

Wait
    wait
    wait
    wait…

They have the rights to King’s Quest?

My heart is all a flutter. Man, I can’t wait to see them remake that.

#7 1 year ago