Project Phoenix JRPG Kickstarter launches, may come to PS4

Monday, 12th August 2013 15:58 GMT By Dave Cook

Project Phoenix is the indie JRPG game from Creative Intelligence Arts, and it’s accepting funding on Kickstarter now. It’ll come to Windows, Mac and Linux first. A scaled-down edition is being considered for iOS and Android, while a PS4 version is a long-term goal.

We reported on the game’s announcement last week, along with confirmation that Final Fantasy composer Nobou Uematsu will be penning the game’s soundtrack.

Due mid-2015, Project Phoenix is a true triple-a JRPG that features squad-based RTS mechanics, pulling together former developers of Final Fantasy, Halo 4, Crysis 3, L.A. Noire, World of Warcraft, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, and Soulcalibur 5. Given its spread of talent the game features design influences from both East and West.

The game’s Kickstarter campaign is now live and the team is seeking $100,000 with 29 days left. So far it has amassed $13,405.

Have a look over on the Kickstarter page and let us know what you think below.

1. HUcast

Well, they did manage to put together a great team, but I need to see an actual game play demo first.

The nine minute video doesn’t really tell us much.

#1 12 months ago
  2. KernelPanic

The concept arts looks sexy. I hope they’re doing the same great job Shroud of the Avatar is doing translating the concept art to actually in-game.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Ireland Michael

Holy crap, Uematsu?

#3 12 months ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 yes indeed and I’ve just scored an interview with the studio. Stay tuned.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Eregol

See this has now funded and is now coming up to 400k.
    The stretch goals look awesome. Shame a potential PS4 version isn’t listed as a stretch goal though.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Dave Cook

@5 I’ve asked them about that in the email interview I’ve just done. Stay tuned.

#6 12 months ago
  7. Eregol

Would like to know if I fund would I get a code for the PC or PS4 version (This is obviously VERY important as I barely play on my PC these days – Then again, I barely play on my PS3 either. :s )

#7 12 months ago
  8. DrDamn

They say 90% certain to come to PS4/PSV and the team is in negotiations. Explicitly no plans for other consoles. I’d guess that means Sony are looking for some sort of exclusivity on console and that would cover any funding.

#8 12 months ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

“According to a Creative Intelligence Arts representative, the PS4 and PS Vita versions of the game (that are currently being negotiated with a 90% chance to happen) will have a physical release.”

#9 12 months ago