Mon, Aug 12, 2013 | 11:51 BST
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ releasing on Steam next month
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ is heading to Steam in September courtesy of Namco Bandai.
If you pre-purchase it on Steam you will get the “All You Can Eat Add-on Pack” for free.
- Big Eater Course: A new challenge with more ghosts on screen that you can eat and in which it will be vital to manage your way out while still powered-up.
- Mountain Course: A technical mountain-like course in which ghosts might take shortcuts to catch up with you.
- Championship III & Highway II courses: Highly popular Highway and Championship II maps redesigned for an increased challenge in which using bombs strategically will be crucial to beat top scores.
- Rally-X Set: Pac-Man’s automotive makeover! New skins, characters and BGM that will turn all your courses into Rally-X races.
- Dig Dug Set: Dig Dug tries it Pac-man style! New skins, characters and BGM that will turn all your courses into Dig Dug adventures.
- Pac is Back Set: Transport all your courses into the world of “Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures”!
- Pac Steps BGM: Enjoy new organic-sounding music centered on real instruments or electronic music built around distorted synth tracks.
- Re-entrance BGM: Pac-Man CE DX main menu “Entrance” remixed and extended version now playable during the races.
The game is stupidly addictive, features shifting mazes and a ton of neat game modes, as well as a banging soundtrack. Will you be picking it up?