Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD remaster screens show graphical upgrade

Monday, 12th August 2013 01:15 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 10-2 have made the jump to the HD age impressively well, judging by this new collection of screenshots.

Originally released on PS2 in 2001 and 2003, the two RPGs have been lovingly worked over to make them shine on 1080p displays, to excellent result. Several locations, characters, and aeons from both games are shown in the gallery below.

The screens come of AllGamesBeta. You could make some lovely wallpapers from this lot.

The two remakes are headed to PS3 and Vita this year but have not been concretely dated. They will have trophy support and a new soundtrack, cross-save, and for Japanese purchasers, a new 30 minute audio sequence.

Thanks, Lengendaryboss.

1. CPC_RedDawn

Could of added in some better textures, this just looks like a simple upscale as in some of the screens there is still jaggies present so no AA then.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Phoenixblight

Can’t wait for this and KH Remaster. I will be swamped this fall.

I have yet to see any remaster update textures. WOuld be too many man hours to do that same about any Remaster using AA.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Ireland Michael

@1 A lot of the textures, at least on the models, *are* improved textures. I don’t think the backgrounds have been touched up much, but its impossible not to notice the increased textures on the characters, especially on the summons.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Rocketbilly

I am assuming you have not looked at any comparison shots between this and the original. Not only are the textures considerably improved, they also remodeled the characters. This is about as far from a “simple upscale” as an HD remaster has been.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Phoenixblight

I misspoke. I hadn’t actually seen the comparison shots so they did do a lot more than the usual remasters. The lighting, they put in higher res textures. The models are the same though which I wouldn’t expect anyone to rebuild models. The lighting and upscaling is easy enough. The textures would be easy enough if they had higher res textures from the beginning and just downsampled to get them in game to keep size low.

I really can’t wait now. After FFXIII and its sequels playing 10-2 seems to be a dream.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Blackened Halo

@1 of course theres no AA, because PS Vita is a handheld …

#6 11 months ago
  7. backup

can’t wait FF was at peak during PS2

while PC beggars can make petition in SE forums hahaha

#7 11 months ago
  8. Ashmael

Is this remaster sells well, square-enix said that more remasters will come. I want FFXII and Dirge of Cerberus.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Clupula

@8 – Fuck FFXII. If they’re going to remaster stuff, I want them to go all out and make a collection with Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus on it.

#9 11 months ago