The Wonderful 101 demo now available through eShop in North America

Saturday, 10th August 2013 18:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Good news everyone! It looks as though the demo for The Wonderful 101 which was released yesterday in Europe and Japan is now available through the North American eShop. No need to wait any longer. Log into the eShop and get to downloading. Thanks, Game Informer.

1. OmegaSlayer

I watched some demo playthrough on 720p and didn’t even understand what the game is.
    Is absolutely confusing and even tiring to my eyes.
    I could imagine my retina tearing at 60fps.

The character design is nice.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Some little tips for people as i’ve played through the game about 5 times now! (I love it!)

You start off with about 20 super heroes. Remeber to add more when you see civilians. Just draw a circle on the touchpad when your standing near civilians and they will join your group.

The more heroes you have, the larger shapes you can draw. For example, you make a fist weapon by drawing a circle. The more people you have on your team, the larger the circle can be, and the larger the fist weapon becomes.

Same goes with the sword, you can create a huge sword if you have more players on your team.

Weapons seem to morph when you have a larger team, my gun became an RPG missle launcher although i’m still unsure how I got it working?!

Also, remember to draw round fire hydrents, dead flower beds etc… There’s tons of bonus material to be found. The demo is actually far deeper than it first appears.

Also, remember to use ‘L’ as a counter move when being attacked, it’s vital when fighting larger robots. The ‘R’ is the dodge button, think of it like the roll evade in God of War.

Anyway, hope that helps, please share any other tips or demo secrets with me! :)

Game is absolutly great by the way, really fun and deep gameplay when you get your head around it!

@OmegaSlayer

It’s pretty hectic yeah! :) On a basic level it’s like DMC or God of War. Only difference you can use the touchscreen to draw a weapon:

circle = fist, straight line = sword.

It sounds like a gimmick but it feels great while in combat, kind of like Okami on steriods!

#2 1 year ago
  3. OmegaSlayer

From the vid I couldn’t even see the fodder enemies in the midst of the group :(

#3 1 year ago
  4. Alernet

soooo dope :)

#4 1 year ago
  5. mistermogul

This has gone from my watch list to the top of my to buy list…

Played it through 3 times now and it gets better each time.

There is a little learning curve but it’s superb when you get into it. I hope this sells as well as it deserves!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Madgame

I find Nintendo’s policy of releasing demos that you can only play a number of times very annoying. Not sure if the same restriction exists in EU, but in the states this has a 20x play limit I believe.

#6 1 year ago