Nvidia posts Q2 decline in profits and revenue, optimistic over SHIELD console sales

Friday, 9th August 2013 14:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nvidia has released its Q2 financial report for the period ending June 28, 2013 and it finds the firm with declining revenue and profits, but is full of optimism regarding its SHIELD console.

The firm posted revenue of $977.2 million which is down 6.4% year-over-year, and a 19% year-over-year decline in net income which totaled $96.4 million.

“We look forward to a strong second half, with new Tegra 4 devices coming to market, SHIELD moving beyond the US and broader sampling of Project Logan, our next-generation Tegra processor, which brings Kepler to mobile,” said Nvidia CEO and co-founder Jen-Hsun Huang.

“Sales [of SHIELD] have been great,” said Chris Evenden, senior director of investor relations. “Everything that we shipped so far has sold out and – but we’re just starting to ramp production.

“We’ve shipped out to our partners only several thousand units, and so it’s still quite early to tell. But we’re expecting to do quite well with Shield.”

Thanks, GI International.

1. Zarckan

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#1 9 months ago
  2. MCTJim

They still made a profit..its just not as much as the year before.

#2 9 months ago
  3. sebastien rivas

Although I do not agree with marketing solution versus price point of their latest products from titan and onward, so far Nvidia always had value in their products. I expect Nvidia to do well but it sounds it may need a bit more PR.

Perhaps a list of games would be helpful too.

#3 9 months ago
  4. Zarckan

@2 I was referring to the fact they think Shield will do well.

#4 9 months ago
  5. viralshag

So is their handheld actually on sale now? I’m not trying to be snarky, I just didn’t realise it was out.

I can’t really see much of a market for it but who knows.

#5 9 months ago
  6. sebastien rivas

Be Snarky if you feel it is too expensive in first place. That does not mean you are against the product but just in your eyes the product is not fairly priced.

They are selling the product but to have it on sales right now… I doubt it.
    According to Phandroid “Quentyn Kennemer”. The Shield release date was July 27th then pushed to July 31st and the product should be tagged at $299

#6 9 months ago
  7. tCruzin

I think VIRALSHAG meant being in sale in general, like able to buy? Not as in price discount.

#7 9 months ago
  8. nollie4545

It will be interesting to see how Shield performs in terms of sales. I guess the quality will be impressive for such a small device, certainly looks the part.

Don’t think many tech companies are going to keep topping their financial performance year on year given the current climate, TBH.

#8 9 months ago
  9. AlexisKeeling

I love reading a post that can make men and women think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

#9 9 months ago
  10. viralshag

@7, thanks, that is what I meant.

@6, sorry if that wasn’t clear! ;)

#10 9 months ago