PlayStation All-Stars Island heading to Android, iOS and sponsored by Coke Zero

Thursday, 8th August 2013 17:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony may have stopped supporting new DLC for cross-platform brawler PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, but that doesn’t mean the title is dead in the water. In fact, it appears to be getting it’s own island on mobile devices.

According to an announcement (thanks, LegendaryBoss), PlayStation All-Stars Island takes place on an island (obviously) where smaller games experiences can be participated in. Players will be met with different themes from various PlayStation franchises such as Uncharted, inFAMOUS and more.

Players will also earn “special Coke Zero moves within the game that make the impossible possible.”

The four main characters are Sackboy, Nathan Drake, Cole MacGrath and Gravity Rush’s Kat along with bonus characters Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank.

The island was “created to host the best and most exciting characters from PlayStation games,” and has been divided into four zones, with each zone representing one franchise complete with mini games.

Players are tasked with collecting Coke Zero orbs that are used to unlock special Coke Zero moves.

The game is out now on Android and iOS through iTunes and Google Play for free and via a QR code on the label of participating Coca-Cola Zero bottles.

1. Lengendaryboss

Quadtriple Facepalm right now.

#1 12 months ago
  2. Zarckan

It’s already out!

#2 12 months ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 Thanks. I have the pr as well now with screenshots so I will pull the link and update the post.

#3 12 months ago
  4. lexph3re

I can’t even hate on this tactic. It does still bring awareness to Sonys games. But it sounds so dumb lol

^cant hate but still hates XD

#4 12 months ago
  5. OlderGamer

Lex +1

Rather clever really. I wonder if we will see more iOS/android apps/games that tie into console releases. Would seem like a great way to tie in products and advertise. Like I said clever.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Francis O

This is pathetic from Sony. I know PS All Stars was a bit of a flop, but doing this just cheapens the brand.

#6 12 months ago
  7. OlderGamer

“I know PS All Stars was a bit of a flop, but doing this just cheapens the brand.”

…and being such a big supporter and Sony fan, that just crushes your will to live? Man, give it up will you? Take your alts and go home.

I hope the site redesign gets here soon and lets the staff take of these types of trolls. Things have been getting bad. Being a fan of something doesn’t hurt anything, but posting to instigate with zero purpose but to troll is a plague around here.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Ireland Michael

@6 Oh give it a rest, your flagrant console fanboy.

#8 12 months ago
  9. OlderGamer

“Yeah, I know I troll you guys here. I already admitted that a long time ago. It’s fun to troll stupid people.”

…Francis

Post#8

It is what it is. But I hate to see this site go down this path. I have been a big fan of this site for …what? Four or five years now? I dunno. But I am begging you folks with the keys to do something to put it back to right. Because right now it has been hijacked, please take it back.

#9 12 months ago
  10. zinc

Sony All-Stars, so bad not even Mountain Dew or Doritoes want a piece :(

#10 12 months ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

#11 12 months ago
  12. Djoenz

Francis O is right
    ______
    ______

Thats just freaking lame I swear….

Why quoting something like that ? You guys enforcing new members to dislike Francis O already when they dont even know him. Perhaps people have to figure it out for themselves how certain individuals are?

You guys are the lame elite that are giving bad impressions beforehand.

Its his opinion and I happen to agree. Perhaps in certain articles he trolls (not in my opinion) but in this case I agree.

How old are you really. Aaw some younger people I dont know irl are annoying me on the interwebzzz…I say deal with it. Suck it up. Man up.

#12 12 months ago
  13. monkeygourmet

Yeah, unfortunately Francis is kind of right on this one.

#13 12 months ago
  14. Lengendaryboss

@DJ
    I wouldn’t side with the troll: you can’t take him seriously when he openly trolls, is a clear Nintendo fanboy and argues/insults anyone who disagrees with him.

Overall you can’t take someone like him seriously.

The rest are right the sooner the new site design gets here the sooner Pest Control can take place.

#14 12 months ago
  15. sebastien rivas

Francis suffers of miscommunication and yes all other posters are right to point at him as a troller.
    But I have faith that what Francis meant was pointing at the fact of association Coca Cola 0 with a Sony game and let alone the clever idea of cross-platforming which could only elevate Sony Android phone if done right.

#15 12 months ago
  16. Djoenz

LB but at the same time you guys keep fueling it! Thats my main grip.

OR in other words be patient?

In due time the moderators will fix it. I just dont understand why you guys keep quoting certain members or mentioning them even in cases they might be having a point. Too much hate man :(

This deal with Coca Cola is not classy at all.

#16 12 months ago
  17. Francis O

@7 Oldergamer

Calm down dude, putting this game on the iOS and Android cheapens the brand. No trolling going on right now.

I have a PS3 and PS All Stars btw. Its fun, but how can anybody be happy with this over more support for PS All Stars on the PS3 and Vita?

Exactly, I’ve asked a lot of people from this site to come on my show, discuss things to a big audience, you know transparency. But they all declined and insulted my efforts.

Why should I be nice to people who aren’t nice to me?

#17 12 months ago
  18. OlderGamer

I don’t think it cheapens anything. I think it is a neat way to cross promote. It is a win for Coke, it is a win for Sony, and if it was done a bit better could be a win for gamers. But that isn’t the point of my post. I didn’t post because I don’t agree with francis.

I posted because I am tired of the constant trolling. That is about all the community has broken down into. People trolling each other back and forth. Snide comments. Baiting. Sniping. Going to be a point where the only left are the trolls.

DJ I am not part of the site. I am not staff. Just a long time poster that cleans up daily spam on the forums. I don’t have an agenda or a site wide plan. And most importantly my views do not represent the views of the site or the people that do run the place.

#18 12 months ago
  19. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Says the person who threw the first shots in insulting people on the Bayonetta 2 thread, what were those words “little bitches/whiners and chumps” niceness is a two way street: you insult people expect to be insulted back. You’re never nice Francis: that statement right there shows how much of a hypocrite you are.

As for show, how would you feel if someone was annoyingly asking you to partake in this show when they nicely declined and kept being bugged about it every time you interact?

#19 12 months ago
  20. Francis O

@Legendarychump

I only call you a chump because you’re special. And yes, there was a lot of salty whiners on the Bayonetta thread. Yes, there was a lot of bitching.

I was met with insults on this site first, that’s why I started throwing insults back.

#20 12 months ago
  21. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Doesn’t excuse insulting for no general reason: ignore it and speak your peace next time.

Also insulting out of thin air is unjustified no matter what past history you have here.

#21 12 months ago
  22. monkeygourmet

@topic

I really not like cross advertising with brands like coca cola / dorito’s etc…

It really does cheapen the brand IMO. And, in this case, almost ALL Sony’s IP’s are attached to it… Yuck!!!

#22 12 months ago
  23. Dragon246

Where art thou my bag full of popcorns :D

Oh, I remembered Pokemon Company releasing Pokedex for ios devices and charging a bomb for it, what are your opinions oh VG247 community? :P

#23 12 months ago
  24. Lengendaryboss

I don’t remember that. Link if possible.

I saw something about the miiverse app but don’t remember that above.

#24 12 months ago
  25. Joe Musashi

@17 “Why should I be nice to people who aren’t nice to me?”

Once again, the door swings both ways on that one. I’ve seen you enter topics and be inflammatory right off the bat – not as a response to anyone. You made goading remarks as the first posts in two articles in the last 24 hours alone.

Though, regardless of that, you have made your bed and appear content to sleep in it.

@Article – this does come off as rather cringe-worthy and classless. I guess promotional tie-ins with fast food type products are always likely to bear that stigma. I’m not sure it cheapens the brand in this case as there’s not much to cheapen.

JM

#25 12 months ago
  26. monkeygourmet

I haven’t mentioned the quality of the game yet, but all I can see is coca cola plastered all over it.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Collecting ‘coke zero orbs’…

I haven’t tried the Pokedex but don’t remember it containing advertising? (The main beef people seem to have with this)

One thing I do know, is the Pokedex was a cash cow similar to a free to play model and it sounded like a complete rip off.

Also, stirring much?

#26 12 months ago
  27. Francis O

Legendarychump

So you make up the rules on this site? I usually insult people who insult me. Saying somebody is bitching or whining is not an insult in my opinion.

I call you a chump because you comment stock me, want to argue, then back down when I say lets discuss things on Skype.

Chump…not only that but you have told me to STFU as well when I didn’t even address you at all.

You’re a keyboard warrior.

@Joe

The door does swing both ways, I’ll insult people who have insulted me.

#27 12 months ago
  28. OlderGamer

Well dragon, I think it is a sign of the times. Nascar is one of the most popular sports in NA. The cars are rolling billboards. Soccer, football, all same type of thing. But sports aside I see it being a big deal going forward in games. I mean look at TV. I just downloaded a two month trial of HuluPlus(so I could watch season 16 of South Park), and found even it had adds.

Look at XBL. PSN will prolly do the same down the road. It just makes sense. We live in various degrees of open market/capitalistic societies. Lets say a company sponers a downloadable app/game that you can play for free and then transfer exp/items/perks/whatever that you earned/unlocked in said app back to the full game on your PS4/X1? Where is the harm in that?

I can see that being a real big deal down the road.

I can’t comment on the quality of this coke/ps all stars thingie..I haven’t used it. But I can see where these type of things could go. Craft some in game food(brought to you buy McDonalds) on the go and then the crafted food shows up in Titan(or whatever Blizz calls their next MMO). It could work, if done right, is all I am saying.

#28 12 months ago
  29. monkeygourmet

It really breaks the third wall for me…

Product placement in a game like Heavy Rain would be about as far as I’d want it to go… I.e someone picks up a phone and you could see its a Sony Xperia or whatever.

That would still suck, but huge adverts in between levels would suck even harder IMO.

#29 12 months ago
  30. polygem

Someone- please give this site a good strong jab. The record is broken.

#30 12 months ago
  31. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    No, its a suggestion that should be heavily considered and if i did make the rules Pest Control would have happened much sooner.

But you said (@20) it was because i was special and now its because i comment stock and decline (not back down) to skype. Backtrack, backtrack, backtrack into that pit.

As for the STFU comment: you were annoying about shooters, you were annoying when insinuating games that aren’t shooters: are shooters: spamming every shooter board with generalizations. I stand by that comment.

#31 12 months ago
  32. OlderGamer

I can understand your POV MG. And it used to bother me too. But I think it is headed that way. Already is in someways. Have you played or seen the NFL and NCAA games? In my NFL team, when Tim Tebow wins MVP of the game you see him holding a gator aid bottle while being interviewed. The halftime “show” in NCAA is brought to by Nissin I think. I know Coke is also a sponser.

I think it just needs to be done smart. Always some growing pains to be had along the way I bet. And depends on the game too. Doesn’t make sense for a mid evil knight to bear sporting Converse and a Aero Hoodie. lol.

#32 12 months ago
  33. monkeygourmet

I’m sure some exec from EA just read your comment:

“medieval knight sporting Converse and a Aero Hoodie”, and said:

“guys!!! Come in here! I’ve got a great new idea for a game!!!”

:D

#33 12 months ago
  34. OlderGamer

Haha! ;)

#34 12 months ago
  35. Dragon246

@LB,
    Straight from the store!

#35 12 months ago
  36. monkeygourmet

Camera cuts to Nathan Drake…

Sweat pours down Nathan’s forehead as he tears through a Mayan temple and down the steps, gunfire exploding around him.

6 henchmen bear down on him, shouting and firing off shots in an attempt to stop their adversary.

Nathan spots a canyon ahead and a narrow rope bridge, it’s going to be dangerous be he must cross!

Nathan shimmy’s his way across the canyon bridge and slices through the vines with his machete. The henchmen are trapped on the other side!

Nathan wipes the sweat from his brow and smiles as he reaches into his rucksack.

“I managed to escape, AND keep the treasure!” He says, grinning from ear to ear.

Cut to Nathan pulling a can of ice cold Coke out of his ruck sack and taking a long drink from the can.

#36 12 months ago
  37. OlderGamer

Yes, yes, but how did he keep the Coke ice cold!?

Must be the day one DLC!

#37 12 months ago
  38. Joe Musashi

@27 Unfortunately Francis, your scattershot aggressive generalisations result in you insulting people that didn’t insult you (always a bit of a risk when combining generalisations and insults). Perhaps you could make some scattershot heartfelt apologies to redress the balance.

You also appear to have conveniently overlooked your first-post goading remarks that you made recently. Whose insults were you responding to there – when yours were the first comments made??

JM

#38 12 months ago
  39. monkeygourmet

Because… Aliens! :)

#39 12 months ago
  40. Francis O

@Legendarychump

- Nobody is backtacking, you’re just a keyoboard warrior with nothing better to do with their time. I’m allowed to give my opinion on shooters. I didn’t say anything to you directly, so you telling me to STFU is wrong. People give their opinion on Nintendo games all the time, I don’t see you telling them to STFU.

@Joe

- Like I said, I was insulted by certain users on this site first. Weather it be my site, or my taste for certain games, or distaste. Certain users came after me first. So I’m not going to sit back and take.

#40 12 months ago
  41. Joe Musashi

But when yours is the first comment in a topic, you can’t be responding to someone else can you? So why would you make an inflammatory, goading comment then? You’re clearly not replying to someone so the answers you’re giving me don’t apply to the instances I’m referring to.

If your comment is insulting, yet it’s the first comment in a discussion, what is your reasoning for behaving in that manner?

JM

#41 12 months ago
  42. Francis O

If I have the first comment and I get people Legendarychump telling me to STFU because I said “COD DLC is not worth it”

I’m going to come back at him, plain and simple.

#42 12 months ago
  43. Joe Musashi

But if your first comment is deliberately goading and inflammatory – in response to nothing at all (it’s the first comment) then you’re inviting that behaviour. Your comment is deliberately written in such a way to incite others.

So, when you’ve nobody to respond to and when nobody has insulted you – why do you deliberately start a topic of conversation in an insulting and inflammatory manner? You did it twice – in two separate articles, earlier today.

Nobody is there to respond to, so your reasoning about responding to others clearly doesn’t apply, does it?

JM

#43 12 months ago
  44. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    First sentence @20 then second paragraph @27: you contradict yourself.

Do those people spam it on every Nintendo thread: using sucks all the time?
    Do those people insinuate Nintendo games are all FPSs?
    Do those people admit they are trolling just to get a response?
    Do those people drag a long argument because of disagreements?

As for me responding to those opinions: i do not swear because most of the opinions aren’t the same thing over and over and over again. For STFU comment i know i addressed that at @31. Learn to read Francis, my dear boy read ;) :) :P :D

#44 12 months ago
  45. zinc

@francis, you must be like the Queen dear boy. Regal & aloof…

Especially as your a dirty ninty fanboy badmouthing Sony!!

#45 12 months ago
  46. Francis O

@Joe

No, it wasn’t. The DLC from COD isn’t worth it. I just gave my honest opinion.

@Legendarychump

Don’t talk about dragging on long arguments. You defended ZombiU and said it should have sold better from “playing it at a friends house” we all know that’s bullshit. The game is ass and you argued like hell it should have sold more.

So you need to STFU and stop comment stocking me.

#46 12 months ago
  47. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    I said “Could” not should.

End of discussion.

#47 12 months ago
  48. Joe Musashi

@46 The topics I refer to were not COD articles. Both were related to Nintendo. Those were new articles, on Nintendo topics, where nobody had responded – so nobody had insulted you. You made the first comment in both. It was inflammatory and unconstructive.

So, those example are still well outside of all the reasons you’ve given. So why did you make those inflammatory remarks?

JM

#48 12 months ago
  49. super3001

shameless whoring and coke zero is disgusting drink.

psas was shit clone anyway. nobody cares about it not even sdf

#49 12 months ago
  50. Joe Musashi

I bet you’re more of a Mountain Dew and Doritos guy, huh?

JM